• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is social distancing around the pools?

Mepp

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I am planning a mid-June trip. I know that there is not masking in and around pools, and am considering the risk for my young unvacccinated kids. Is there any social distancing at all in the pools? Is there enough space to do that? And are the water slides open? Is there social distancing in the lines to the slides?

My family has been to Aulani three times since reopening (Nov, Dec, and April) and this has been our experience. The water slides are open and our experience was that people were good about spacing themselves out. The chairs are socially distanced and you'll be fine while lounging around.

The Menehune playground is open, but it's nearly impossible for the kids to socially distance because the pathways are only 4'-5' wide. However, nobody is standing still for very long and all contact is extremely brief.

The lazy river can sometimes get congested, but you can pull over to the side and wait for people to pass.

The jacuzzis and the edge of the grotto pool overlooking the lagoon can get overly crowded at time imo. The rest of the pools felt comfortable, and we had no problem distancing. If some parts of the resort get too crowded, you can always find an area where you are more comfortable.

I have a 2yo and 5yo so I certainly understand your concerns. For peace of mind, I kept reminding myself that nearly everyone around us had recently tested negative and Hawaii has some of the lowest covid numbers in the US. Also, most of the Hawaii covid cases have been linked to clusters and contained. I felt the benefits of being out of the house, enjoying family time (as if we didn't have enough of that last year lol) were worth the risks.

Hi all, I am planning a mid-June trip. I know that there is not masking in and around pools, and am considering the risk for my young unvacccinated kids. Is there any social distancing at all in the pools? Is there enough space to do that? And are the water slides open? Is there social distancing in the lines to the slides?
The flight to Hawaii, the drive to the resort, and the pool itself are much greater risk to your unvaccinated kids than COVID.

If you're not yet comfortable being out and about in public and able to be mentally *at peace* in those environments, I would recommend waiting. It's too much money if you're going to be stressed and nervous the whole time.

The flight to Hawaii, the drive to the resort, and the pool itself are much greater risk to your unvaccinated kids than COVID.

If you're not yet comfortable being out and about in public and able to be mentally *at peace* in those environments, I would recommend waiting. It's too much money if you're going to be stressed and nervous the whole time.

Agree completely. Children are statistically far more likely to die from drowning or choking on their own food vs. COVID-19. If a parent takes their children to Hawaii where they will swim and eat food without pureeing it first, they will be exposed to greater risks than COVID. IMO it's also healthier to not project unnecessary anxiety onto kids who should be free to enjoy the outdoors without looking at strangers as disease vectors. Better by far to delay a trip until the parents' fear subsides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter