How is everything affecting you personally? Making changes? Status quo? Too soon to tell?

Not too much has changed. My honey and I are pretty anti-social to start with. He owns an IT consulting company and works from our couch 98% of the time. He has been busier because his biggest client - an accounting firm with 5 locations in 5 states - is working on how to get their system so employees can work from home. I only work 2 days a week, 5 hours a day in a two person company. It's an IT company and 95% of the time the boss either works from home or goes to clients but rarely comes in the office so it's usually just me. Technically, I could work from home if I brought my computer and all paper work home but would still need to go in to get mail at least once a week and go to the bank so I just go in. I go in armed with Lysol spray and hand sanitizer. I work in a college town (Athens, GA home of UGA) and most everything has shut down. Bars and restaurants can stay open if they have no more than 10 people at a time and the tables are spaced at least 6 feet apart. UGA shut down, the city government shut down except emergency services, trash and water. Grocery stores are still open. My son is a disabled vet and works part time at a grocery store. He is management and normally only works every other day and only 4 hours a day. Since last Tuesday he has had to work every day for at least 6 hours. He was a Resp. Therapist in the Navy so is pretty up on what he needs to do.

I work on a construction site that has been shut down, so I’ve been panicking. My job was able to come up with some work for a few of us to do today and tomorrow, so I’ll get 16 hours this week. Next week is an unknown, but they’re trying to spread the work around so people can get hours, so I don’t expect much.

I don’t know how long I can last. The site is tentatively opening April 1 but will how things are going....

I directly supply restaurants with seafood in 5 states and vendors in others. It’s cut us down tremendously. I’m holding boats in to a go as needed, cutting deliveries to once per week instead of two. I also have/own rental properties and I’m afraid some won’t be able to pay their rent next month. That will affect me also. I depend on my rental income, I got into this after the BP spill.

I work for a propane company-we supply propane for residential and commercial customers and are considered a utility company. Residential business slows in warm weather or course, but the commercial business goes on-fuel for forklifts, cooking, etc. If a shelter in place order happens in our state and everything shuts down, I'm not sure how long they will allow us to keep showing up at work. As it is we have the standard precautions in place, hand washing, distance, no more than 6 people in the same place, and no customers allowed in the office. Just kinda holding my breath right now to see what happens, as I'm sure everyone is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter