How I got Space 220 reservations!!

Kristiann

Earning My Ears
I highly recommend signing up with a plan with Mouse Dining!! It’s $9/month to receive text messages, which is what I did, to get notified when dining reservations become available. I just received a text message that a lunch reservation became available and I’m so happy I happened to have my phone in my hand at the time! I never acted so fast!

I've always used Mouse Dining in the past (the free version) and had luck- got everything I wanted. This last trip in Nov I had no luck (still with the free) so I may try the paid next time.

I had much better luck with that site once I switched to the paid version so that I got text notifications rather than emails. I don't always catch an email, but will normally see a text right away unless it's in the middle of the night. The nice thing is that you can cancel the paid version at any time. I signed up for a few months last year to cover two trips and then cancelled. I'll sign up again once our 60 day window opens for our trips in Sep and Dec this year.

It's a great service. I also use Touring Plans free one and have a lot of luck with them as well.

I used this service for free last year and got two reservations. Shortly after I received A rather long survey with the main point asking if I would pay for the service. My problem with this service is what is stopping them from having many Disney MDE accounts and using them to somehow constantly grab good reservations and then basically sell them to you through “membership fees”. If everyone stopped supporting people that profit off of Disney, reservations might be easier to obtain. Perhaps a Disney room reservation to make an earlier than 60 day dining reservation might help, but if you cancel the room reservation, the dinner reservation also gets cancelled.

Last edited:
How far out from your trip are you? I’ve had an alert set up since I booked my trip but haven’t gotten any hits yet

Congrats to OP! I use the same service and have had mixed results.

It's not just how fast you can type... I think it also depends on how fast your connection speed is... many people will tell you, and I'm one of them, that even if you jump on the time as soon as it appears, it may be gone. People often ask how that can be when they are clicking as fast as humanly possible, as OP did, which is immediately. I have to believe it has to do with the connection.

But persistence in the face of adversity is my motto! LOL So if you keep trying, you often will find success in the end. I've gotten Cinderella, Space and BOG all using the same service.

I just used Mouse Watcher and scored the reservation I wanted. I think paying for the text messages was key because I'll always see a text but email I'm not likely to see until it's way too late. Even with the text alerts, I missed the reservations a number of times before I finally got it. Even when my phone was already in my hand and I immediately went for the reservation, I still missed it a couple of times. You have to be fast, persistent, and lucky.

So excited! I just got Space 220 dinner for our May trip. I tried in November, but no dice. I signed up for Touring Plans finder then, but it didn't come through. I don't think I even got notified. I tried getting an ADR again for this May trip, but nada. One came through TP tonight. I also got a better Jiko time for this trip that way. I get texts from Touring Plans. I don't know if it's free or not, since I have a subscription. I think I will end up having to pay for the other dining finders though for our Disneyland trip. I really hate to do it, but we don't go out there often. I start booking those tomorrow:scared1:

So excited! I just got Space 220 dinner for our May trip. I tried in November, but no dice. I signed up for Touring Plans finder then, but it didn't come through. I don't think I even got notified. I tried getting an ADR again for this May trip, but nada. One came through TP tonight. I also got a better Jiko time for this trip that way. I get texts from Touring Plans. I don't know if it's free or not, since I have a subscription. I think I will end up having to pay for the other dining finders though for our Disneyland trip. I really hate to do it, but we don't go out there often. I start booking those tomorrow:scared1:
Blue Bayou and Lamplight Lounge are my favorites at DLR! Good luck!

I used this service for free last year and got two reservations. Shortly after I received A rather long survey with the main point asking if I would pay for the service. My problem with this service is what is stopping them from having many Disney MDE accounts and using them to somehow constantly grab good reservations and then basically sell them to you through “membership fees”. If everyone stopped supporting people that profit off of Disney, reservations might be easier to obtain. Perhaps a Disney room reservation to make an earlier than 60 day dining reservation might help, but if you cancel the room reservation, the dinner reservation also gets cancelled.
Yeah I just can't do the paid fee. Arguably similar to ticket scalping and I just can't.

I'm going to try to book Space 220 in a few days. I want to book for 60+4 but if that doesn't work I can go up to 60+6. Does anyone know if that time frame usually has reservations open? (I'm okay with an off time, lol).

In the past I've signed up for many (free) reservation finders which worked well. I've also had success refreshing a few times at night and checking in the morning, especially closer to the trip.

Yeah I just can't do the paid fee. Arguably similar to ticket scalping and I just can't.

I'm going to try to book Space 220 in a few days. I want to book for 60+4 but if that doesn't work I can go up to 60+6. Does anyone know if that time frame usually has reservations open? (I'm okay with an off time, lol).

In the past I've signed up for many (free) reservation finders which worked well. I've also had success refreshing a few times at night and checking in the morning, especially closer to the trip.
I had to go all the way to 60 + 10 to get a single reservation at Space 220 lounge in June. The reservation for the restaurant still has quite a few spots open from June 25th and beyond.

I don't really see how it is equivalent to ticket scalping. The fact is that is that in order to check for those reservations constantly, they need to program bots to do it for them. This requires computer and Internet resources. Then there is the additional cost of sending out all the text messages. I don't mind if they end up trying to pass some of that cost onto the people they're doing it for. I do understand why somebody might decide they don't want to spend the extra few dollars for the service, but I don't think it's ticket scalping. They are not actually reserving the spot themselves and then selling it to for a premium price. Or at least not yet.

Last edited:
I had to go all the way to 60 + 10 to get a single reservation at Space 220 lounge in June. The reservation for the restaurant still has quite a few spots open from June 25th and beyond.

I don't really see how it is equivalent to ticket scalping. The fact is that is that in order to check for those reservations constantly, they need to program bots to do it for them. This requires computer and Internet resources. Then there is the additional cost of sending out all the text messages. I don't mind if they end up trying to pass some of that cost onto the people they're doing it for. I do understand why somebody might decide they don't want to spend the extra few dollars for the service, but I don't think it's ticket scalping. They are not actually reserving the spot themselves and then selling it to for a premium price. Or at least not yet.
Thanks. That's great to hear that it sounds like I might be in luck. I'm more interested in the restaurant reservation.

Yes I do understand there will be a difference of opinion on that. There is profit being made though - over a short while reservations have been moving from completely free, to now its $5, now $9, another site or FB group now $20, and that's per subscription. I just think Disney should keep this free by adding a waitlist or hold/release on cancelled reservations. Again just my opinion, I understand others will disagree.

Blue Bayou and Lamplight Lounge are my favorites at DLR! Good luck!
I love those too. However, Blue Bayou is still closed and probably still will be for our June trip. I have Lamplight Lounge on my list. Got Napa Rose for Father's Day dinner and Trader Sam's!!!! Thoroughly surprised that the website didn't poop out, since WOC dessert party was supposed to be released this morning. Only 4 more mornings.

Thanks. That's great to hear that it sounds like I might be in luck. I'm more interested in the restaurant reservation.

Yes I do understand there will be a difference of opinion on that. There is profit being made though - over a short while reservations have been moving from completely free, to now its $5, now $9, another site or FB group now $20, and that's per subscription. I just think Disney should keep this free by adding a waitlist or hold/release on cancelled reservations. Again just my opinion, I understand others will disagree.
Although I do have a subscription to a service I would also add that stalking a restaurant has been successful for me as well. For example, I got Space that way! So for those who don’t want to pay or who feel there’s an ethical aspect they are uncomfortable with, stalking is a strategy that can also work.

Most important thing to remember is that things can and do open up… even on the day!! Just don’t give up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter