• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How hard is it to get in the virtual queue for Guardians?

Question...do you have to be in or have a reservation for Epcot at 6pm for the extended hrs drop? We will be in MK but hopping over to Epcot for extended hrs. Would we be eligible to join the virtual que at 6pm?
So long as you are a deluxe guest and have a ticket eligible to enter, like an AP or park hopper, you can give it a try.

Question...do you have to be in or have a reservation for Epcot at 6pm for the extended hrs drop? We will be in MK but hopping over to Epcot for extended hrs. Would we be eligible to join the virtual que at 6pm?
You have to have any park reservation and have entered your reserved park, have park admission that is eligible to hop, and be an eligible after hours guest. So in your example you should be fine

My experience a couple of weeks ago:

It was instagone for the deluxe guest virtual line.

The virtual line is difficult in the AM -- was gone in seconds for me. The lighting lane lasts longer.

The 1 p.m. drop is easy -- but you will likely have to return around 6 p.m. or so. And you have to go to the park before you can try.
Didn't realize there is a VQ drop at 6pm for extended hours. Good to know as we are deluxe and will be there on a Monday.

That's surprising...that 6pm drop goes so quick too as it's limited guests.
Good to know 1pm drop is generally ok.

Didn't realize there is a VQ drop at 6pm for extended hours. Good to know as we are deluxe and will be there on a Monday.

That's surprising...that 6pm drop goes so quick too as it's limited guests.
Good to know 1pm drop is generally ok.
The 6:00 drop is limited guests but also only for 3 hours so pretty much evens out in the end

I had no issues getting one yesterday, July 4. One of the busiest days obviously. I used time.gov to click refresh at 5:59:59 and our boarding group was called right at 9:00

I do recommend if you plan to do other things during extra hours wait and go to guardians later. You’ll eat up a good bit of your time if you go at the beginning

The 6:00 drop is limited guests but also only for 3 hours so pretty much evens out in the end

I had no issues getting one yesterday, July 4. One of the busiest days obviously. I used time.gov to click refresh at 5:59:59 and our boarding group was called right at 9:00

I do recommend if you plan to do other things during extra hours wait and go to guardians later. You’ll eat up a good bit of your time if you go at the beginning
Thank you. Great to hear you were able to get a boarding group at 6pm.
Luckily, our Extended Hours is on our first Epcot day....so we can always try for a BG that day (trying each of the three drops), and purchase it on our second Epcot day if we don't get it.

Thank you. Great to hear you were able to get a boarding group at 6pm.
Luckily, our Extended Hours is on our first Epcot day....so we can always try for a BG that day (trying each of the three drops), and purchase it on our second Epcot day if we don't get it.
Good luck. I have had 100% success with VQ by watching the time using time.gov

4 times this trip for 3 of us
4 times in May during opening week for 2 of us

The only time it didn’t work was when I tried to refresh on my own. Not watching the time.gov clock

I got a BG for our party of 4, right at 7a, no problem. I logged in at 6:55 and obsessively refreshed until the join queue option popped up. We got BG 11 and it was called around 9, we didn't get to the park until 10:15, went straight there and it was no problem going through.

The only time it didn’t work was when I tried to refresh on my own. Not watching the time.gov clock
Thanks so much. Great tip.. Will use the clock as well so know when it exactly turns to 7am/1pm/6pm.
Glad it worked for you!

Another question......Let's say your boarding group is called when you have a LL or ADR booked. I assume the BG takes priority? I've heard others mention "blue umbrellas" to get their LL changed if any conflict (but don't kwow about ADRs and BG)

Do you use the refresh button at the bottom?

Another question......Let's say your boarding group is called when you have a LL or ADR booked. I assume the BG takes priority? I've heard others mention "blue umbrellas" to get their LL changed if any conflict (but don't kwow about ADRs and BG)
It’s actually the opposite. ADRs and LLs take precedence - eat your meal, ride your LL ride, then go late to your VQ. AFAIK, there have been no reports of people being turned away when they showed up late for a GotG VQ, but guests who are late for an ADR or a LL do get turned away.

It’s actually the opposite. ADRs and LLs take precedence - eat your meal, ride your LL ride, then go late to your VQ. AFAIK, there have been no reports of people being turned away when they showed up late for a GotG VQ, but guests who are late for an ADR or a LL do get turned away.
Very good to know. Thanks for mentioning. Ok...so keep ADR, others can be adjusted.

Correct. Go eat. Use your $LL/LL. Treat any $LL/LL like an old FP+. Use it within the hour or at worse with the 5/15 grace period. You have control when buying $LL. Don’t buy one during your ADR. If the ADR conflicts with your LL see them at the blue umbrella. Easiest to let them fix it. You can show ADR info or receipt to tap point CM but they may send you to blue umbrella or let you in. Won’t know till you got there. You know the blue umbrella can fix it. Make sense?

VQ is valid from the time it’s called till park close. At least till further notice. We just now used our VQ that was called at 9:30 this morning (at 1:15). DGD used DHs yesterday from BG 9 at 8:00pm. He was sick in the morning and didn’t join us till we came in for fireworks so he gave her his band to ride. They didn’t say a word nearly 12 hours later

Even then if they do start to enforce return times they will never penalize you for an ADR. Simply explain where you were. If the CM at the tap point can’t or won’t let you in go to the blue umbrella. They will help

Last edited:
Just to make you know, you get to pick your LL$ time. Don’t book it during or around your ADR. That makes those two easy to avoid conflicts

Last edited:
Just to make you know, you get to pick your LL time. Don’t book it during or around your ADR. That makes those two easy to avoid conflicts
I know you can pick your paid ILL$ time, but I don't think you can pick your Genie+ LL time. You can keep refreshing until (hopefully) you get one in the time frame you want, but there are no guarantees you can avoid overlap with an ADR. However, in that case a visit to a blue umbrella should be helpful!

I know you can pick your paid ILL$ time, but I don't think you can pick your Genie+ LL time. You can keep refreshing until (hopefully) you get one in the time frame you want, but there are no guarantees you can avoid overlap with an ADR. However, in that case a visit to a blue umbrella should be helpful!
Urgh yes. I forget they have the same dang name. Thanks. I’ll update

Urgh yes. I forget they have the same dang name. Thanks. I’ll update
I know, it's stupid and confusing. IIRC when G+ was first announced, what is now the ILL$ had a different name and different initials and was therefore easy to distinguish from the G+LLs. I think they changed it so that they only had to make signs that said Lightning Lane, instead of some that said Lightning Lane and others that said [original name that I can't remember].

I know, it's stupid and confusing. IIRC when G+ was first announced, what is now the ILL$ had a different name and different initials and was therefore easy to distinguish from the G+LLs. I think they changed it so that they only had to make signs that said Lightning Lane, instead of some that said Lightning Lane and others that said [original name that I can't remember].
original name: Individual Attraction Selection or IA$ (as it was known here)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter