How does the stroller thing work

snuggle26

Earning My Ears
If you rent a stroller at the park and want to go on rides, do you just leave it at a certain place in line? How do you make sure you get your stoller back and not someone elses? Do people ever just come up and take random strollers from line so they dont have to pay for one? Also, do you have to put down some kind of deposit? Is it better to just bring your own stroller? Sorry about all the questions and thanks to those who answer them:)
Lisa

I was wondering about the exact same thing.
Do you know if they have twin strollers available?

They put a place card on the top of the stroller with your last name on it. So everyone knows that it is yours. I do not know about the double strollers though..

Also you can take the place card and use it at the other park on the same day.

You also pay for them at the beginning of the day. I personally always bring my own. Just makes it easier.. ALso the kids are comfortable in it.

HTH

If you are planning on taking your own stroller I suggest taking a bike lock or something like that to lock your stroller to a fence I have had two really nice strollers stollen at disneyland.

Nichol

We had previously brought our own stroller in the past but on our last trip we did the Free stroller rental with the disney visa. Just as Rapunsel wrote, you get a namecard that fits into a slot on top of the strollerl. Most rides and restaurants ve visible stroller parking. Do not be alarmed if your stroller is not where you put it when you get off of a ride. CMs do move and fix the stroller line occassionally. We've never had any issues with missing strollers, moved stroller yes, missing no. Since it was a free rental, I'm not sure if there's a deposit in addition to cost. We've brought along expensive strollers (Peg Perego) and cheap (Graco) umbrealla strollers and have never had an issue with theft. We don't leave valuables in the stroller unattended. I don't remember if they did twin stroller or not though.

Strollers are $8 per day to rent. They are jogging style strollers, and there are NO doubles- all singles. Be sure you save your reciept and the blue card it is stapled to. If someone takes your stroller, you leave for a while or switch parks they will replace your stroller if you show them your receipt. As the others have said, your name will be on your stroller.

When we were there last Oct you could not take the strollers out of one park and into the other. You had to get a new one when at each park. When we went earlier this month, you could take your stroller out of one and cross over to the other. Much easier.

Stroller can be rented near the main enterance to DL or at the star trader store in tomorrow land. You can't see them in the star trader store- but you can rent them there. They store them in the back room. You'll want to go to the cash register in the back, near the exit from star tours. In DCA you rent them near the enterance- next to the locker rentals and bathrooms.

Do NOT lock your stroller to a fence or anything else. Security will cut the lock if your stroller needs to be moved. If you feel like you need to lock it, use a bike lock and lock it to itself. Run the bike lock thru the wheel and around the frame. CM's will still be able to move it if needed, but its going to be hard for anyone to steel. But in reality, its really not needed. Very few strollers are ever taken at DL.

I've rented strollers numerous times. We're local and I still prefer to use DL's strollers. Mostly because I don't want to hassle with mine in the parking structure and the tram. I did take our stroller when DD was a baby. I've never had a problem with someone taking my stroller (and it's a nice one) - or DL's. CM's have moved them sometimes, but never far and I've always been able to spot it easily. Just a suggestion...I bring a bright pink scarf to tie on the handle. It makes ours stand out among the sea of strollers. This could be really important on a busy day. Also, if it's been raining, bring something for your little one to sit on. The lapbelt has a tendency to stay wet long after the stroller has dried. Nothing worse than a wet bum!

Take a bright colored scarf and tie it to the handle of the rental stroller, no one will mistake it for thier's and take it, it's worked great for us. It may move but you can always find it in a sea of like strollers. I got 99 cent scarf at our local walmart.

I was going to rent one while we were there, but figured that after paying for 3 days at DL and one day at Legoland I could buy a stroller so I brought a midsized Chicco umbrella stroller at Target for the same amt. I would've spent to rent. I also agree with the suggestions of tying something to the handle, we used curly ribbon on our own stroller (not a rental) last Christmas at WDW and it really helped spot it.

Also note that the Disney strollers do not have cup holders. My friend was very disappointed in this fact and would have brought her own if she knew.

victorandbellasmom said:
We had previously brought our own stroller in the past but on our last trip we did the Free stroller rental with the disney visa.

Did the Disney Visa send you a coupon or is this available to all Disney Visa cardholders?

Is this just at DL or WDW also?

Update Edit: Ok, I found it at the Disney Visa site (Dh told me to go there). thanks.

Glad you found the website. Don't forget your free 5X7 meet & greet photo in DCA. We forgot on our last trip and we were there 6 days. That could have been 6 free photos. Oh well. We're gonna try and do the meet & greet at least once on coming up in 3 days.

We had our maclaren twin (very expensive) stroller taken at Disneyland on 3/36/06 along with all our belongings when we parked it at stroller parking near Small World. We got a call from lost and found the next day to say they had found it in the park later that night. However, several personal items had been stolen from the Diaper bag. When we went back to claim our stuff, there were 3 other couples also reporting stollen strollers in the 15 minutes we were there (sounded like high end ones also from what we overheard). We were lucky that we got our stroller back and didn't have anything extremely valuable taken (just cell phone, perscription glasses, and mens jacket). I would recommend taking a really cheap stroller in the future and never leave anything of any value unattended. You can always rent a locker if you have a lot of jackets and stuff. We suspect that we were being watched by someone who had observed that we had an expensive stroller, expensive camera (which was in a shoulder bag that we kept on us) and they thought we must have other goodies worth taking. So just be aware that theft does happen and we can all benefit from being observant while in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter