How does the new package compare?

*123JOANNA123*

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!
I had originally planned a 4 or 5 night stay with codes at the GF in August, but by the looks of this new package, it looks like it would be better value to stay 7 for the price of 4. I'm wondering if I should book the package (I would hate to do a 6 for 4 or heaven forbid 5 for 4 if you can get 7 for 4!), or wait for AP rates or room only codes? 4 nights rack rate will probably be overbudget, but if the savings represent a great deal......aaagh!

Any thoughts on how this package rates against a room only code? I think I'll be contacting dreams unlimited for some advice.

It appears to be a very good deal.
Here's an example from mousesavers:
7-night Polynesian Garden View for two adults: $1855.21 incl tax

The best (non-AP) code rate available for this room type is typically $179 plus tax, almost exactly $200/night. So you'd be looking at $1400 for lodging. If you buy two adult advance purchase 6-day park hoppers, that would be another $600, for a total of $2000. If you actually bought 7-night UHPs it would be even more. So this package appears to beat the best rates available in the past.

HOWEVER this analysis assumes you are going for precisely 7 nights. If you go for a different number of nights, the deal will not be as good.

Since there is not a room only code out for this time frame that I know of, I compared it to the coded rate from last year for the end of July which is when we are going and here is what I compared.

Last year, 7 nights Wl and 5 Day PH = $1641

This year 7 nights WL and UPH (8 days/7 nights) = $1621

Just a little cheaper price wise but if I had had UPH last year it would equate to a large cost svings. So this package to me is well worth it IF you can do at least the 4 nights and 3 free. The price is essentially the same for 5 nights or 6 nights as it is for 7. To be exact, my 7 nights costs $1621.11 and 6 nights were going to be $1621.08. Hope this helps out some and is not too confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter