How does my August trip schedule look?

FigmentFan1975

Earning My Ears
We are going back to Disney World from Aug. 10-18th. We are driving from Delaware... staying 8 nights at All Star Sports. It's my husband and I, and our 2 boys, who will be ages 12 and 10 for this trip. We are excited because its our first trip back in 4 years :), we previously went in Aug. 2007, '08, '09. We will be doing the water parks for the first time, and spending one day at Universal IOA to see Harry Potter... We have 7-day tickets with the water parks fun & more option.

Sat. - arrival day around Noon - after checking-in, we will head over to Blizzard Beach, might play mini-golf first then head to BB until closing.
Sun. - Epcot (dinner at Garden Grill), stay for Illuminations
Mon. - either HS or AK - if we do AK, we will get there in time for morning EMH, or if we do HS, then we have the option of staying late for EMH. See Fantasmic this night.
Tue. - MK full day, staying for Wishes.
Wed. - either HS or AK, depending on what we did on Monday - AK is an EMH morning here also. After AK, we will probably hit DisneyQuest in the evening.
Thurs. - not sure - possibly hit TL in the morning, with EMH from 8am to around 1-2pm, then go to MK for the rest of the day.
Fri. - not sure - probably Epcot (morning EMH) then if my one son (who is more the water park fan) wants to, I'd go with him to a water park in the afternoon, and my other son and husband would either stay at Epcot or maybe hit Downtown Disney/DisneyQuest.
Sat. - thinking Universal IOA - not sure what other day to fit this in? and not sure what is the best day of the week to hit Universal...
Sun. - our check-out day; we have breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 8am, then will hit a park of the kids' choice - probably another day at HS. Or might even do a water park if they choose. We plan to leave around dinner time, drive for a few hours and then get a hotel for the night. Long drive home all day on Monday.

I think your plan looks good! We did the waterparks and DQ for the first time in September and we enjoyed both.

Sounds great! I'm originally from WV but have lived in Delaware 21 years. Hope you have a wonderful trip. We are going at the end of June.

We will be there at the same time. Your schedule looks great. This our first time going in the summer. I am a bit nervous about crowds.

Your plans look really good. The only thing you might want to do is go over to EasyWDW to check which days are best for what parks. You'll still be hitting pretty strong crowd levels(it usually dies down right after you leave) and it looks like some of your days are fairly flexible -it would probably be a big help. The only other advice would be to arrive early. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter