How do you guys pay for tips when on the dining plan?

We charge everything to our room. We find it very convenient. Cash, what's that? :)

We charge them to the room and then pay that off every few nights with giftcards.

Even if you use the dining plan and dont buy anything extra you get a regular receipt like you would at any restaurant, just it shows the meal already paid for via dining plan instead of a balance due, but it still has a tip line you fill out. You can either give them a card to use with your receipt or they will just charge it to your magic band.
Right... so if they run your band to deduct dining credits, they will then bring you a receipt. You then write $20 on the tip line, and then presumably the server then has to come back and scan your band/enter pin or run your card for that $20, correct? I'm bringing this up because its a little different than typical restaurants where you'd write in the tip after the card is run, and the server isn't privy to your tip amount until after you leave. If someone tips according to service and they experience bad service, I would think this scenario could make for an awkward situation.

Right... so if they run your band to deduct dining credits, they will then bring you a receipt. You then write $20 on the tip line, and then presumably the server then has to come back and scan your band/enter pin or run your card for that $20, correct? I'm bringing this up because its a little different than typical restaurants where you'd write in the tip after the card is run, and the server isn't privy to your tip amount until after you leave. If someone tips according to service and they experience bad service, I would think this scenario could make for an awkward situation.

No, they already scanned your MagicBand for your dining credits, so they already have the info on file for it and can charge the card you have on it without having to scan it again. I have always just filled it in and left, it's always on my account without an issue.

We charge it to the room, along with anything else not covered by the DDP. Just put in the tip in the slip, sign the slip and you are done.

No, they already scanned your MagicBand for your dining credits, so they already have the info on file for it and can charge the card you have on it without having to scan it again. I have always just filled it in and left, it's always on my account without an issue.
Gotcha - thanks for clarifying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter