• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How do the single lines work????

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
We are going with a group of 9. This will be all of our 1st time at Universal. We are NOT doing IOA--. We will have a 7 yr, 11 yr, 10 yr, then 6 adults. How does this work. Will all of us be going on 1 at a time, and so our kids will be riding alone without us??? I have heard this is the way to go, but don't really like kids riding alone on a ride, then what happens when they get off??. We are not going till February 1st, so maybe lines won't be that bad and we can use express lane and call it good??? if anyone has any help or ideas, let me know. We are staying at WDW and going over for day to Universal. Thanks.

Basically, the single rider line will split up your group as single empty seats become available, so you and your kids will be separated. You can tell your kids to wait at the exit area, but you will have to responsible for them.

If you don't know where the single rider line is, ask an employee. They'll point you to the correct place. Some single rider lines are in weird places. :)

Guess we will stick with the whole 9 of us together. I would feel uncomfy leaving children alone--even for short time. Thanks for reply.

If you have 6 adults, then there is no reason to feel that uncomfortable...simply have a couple of adults go first and then a couple go last. That way, you get off the ride before the kids so they aren't sitting around or wandering around on their own. MIB is the one ride where you might really want to use single rider...I don't even know what other attractions at the studios uses it. You can't get lost, when you come off of the ride, there is a set of stairs right there and you can wait right there for them. My kids are 7 and 9 and we have been using single rider lines for a couple of years now (especially for Test Track at EPCOT!:rolleyes: ) The kids will more than likely want to do MIB a few times and with the single rider line, you avoid all the preshow type stuff too, which is nice on repeat rides! :D
That said, February 1st shouldn't be busy so I'm sure sticking together and waiting in standby won't be a problem either! :)
Karen

We did the single riders line with my DD, starting when she was 7 and 8. We got in line, DH, DD, then me, each time we did this DD wound up on a car with one of us.

Patty

The single lanes work great...they are almost as fast as the express lines.:)

We just got back ... 3 adults, 9 year old & 12 year old ... one adult also was first in line followed by the girls and then the other 2 adults ... so the 1st adult was always waiting at the end before the girls disembarked the ride, and the follow-up adults make sure no one takes an unscheduled behind the scenes tour.

It worked out REALLY well on MIB. We walked right on 4 times in a row, when the stand by line was 45 minutes long.

Funny thing about single riders for MIB...

Me and DH went on them and we wound up in the same car next to each of 2 out of three times.

Single riders for Spiderman was fine as well.

My Daughter 4 / 5 on our next trip is too small, but my son 7 almost 8 will be fine.

thanks for all the posts. We will have to see how it goes when get there and how long lines are. Would love to ride with my daughter and kick her butt on MIB :) or vice-versa. February shouldnt' have to long of lines I wouldnt' think--but never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter