How do I use old leftover days?

firecracker

never been tagged, but that's OK...I'm secure abou
We have 2 days leftover from our honeymoon to WDW 10 years ago. We're going back for New Years and we want to use up those days. I know it would be better to use them for admission rather than convert them to a new park hopper, but I have some questions.

1. Where can I do the conversion? We're staying at ASMo, can I do it at Guest Services?

2. In 1992, there were only 3 parks, so it's a 3-park hopper. Will we get full-privilege 4-park hoppers in return?

3. Will our "new" passes be good for FastPass?

4. We're going to be in the parks for 4 days. It seems that our "best" bet would be to use our two "old" days and buy new 4-day Hoppers, using 2 days and being stuck again with 2 unused days. Does anyone see it differently? Is buying 2 "one-park only" days a better bet if we'll be all day at MK for 2 of the 4 days?

5. Are you confused and irritated by my long list of questions?:D

Thanks for your advice. firecracker.

I'll try to answer this, but it's from knowledge of previous posts, not my own experience.

1 You should be able to get new tickets (that have the strip on them) at Guest Services at the hotel or at the parks.

2 I think they work for all 4 parks now. They didn't for a while, but I think after the new park has been open for a few years you can use them anywhere. Not sure about that though.

3 Yes.

4 I would do that, or just get new 4 day tickets, use them completely, and save the old tickets for another trip.

Hope this helps!

I'm not sure what you have left...if you have 2 days each on 2 passes then let one person use the 2 old passes & the other buy a new pass. But if you just have 1 day each here is a quote from another website...

"If you just have 2 days that's tougher. On another website they indicated you could buy a 2nd day at a discount. Here's the info.Is your trip only 2 or 3 days? You can still get a discount. If you are only staying 2 or 3 days (far too little time, but that's another matter!) you can still get a discount. If you don't plan to "hop" from park to park on the same day, or visit the water parks, Pleasure Island and/or Disney Quest, the one-day/one-park passes are your best deal. Buy your first day's ticket at the regular price. Either at the same time, or before the end of the day, show the one-day pass at the ticket window and buy your second day's ticket for $5 off. If you need a third day, you get a $10 discount. Total savings over buying three separate days' admission is $15.90 per adult. (See the prices here.) With these one-day/one-park passes you can only go to one park per day -- you can't "hop" from park to park on a given day. Still, it's around $25 per adult cheaper than the 2 or 3 day Ultimate Park Hopper passes, and you don't have to stay at a Disney resort to qualify for the one-day/one-park passes."

For myself I would say buy 7 day park hopper plus passes, use your 1 day each and come back with 4 days apiece another year!

Does anyone know if you can get the "2nd day $5 off discount" AND the DC discount?

Thanks!

We had one day left on a 1995 pass and decided to use it for out 1998 trip. This is the year Animal Kingdom opened up. A three park pass, we were told, was not valid at Animal Kingdom since it was not open at the time of purchase, so we just had to pay a small difference to upgrade it for the day. The cost was minimal - I can't remember it. It was no big deal.

Disney does not offer a Disney Club discount on one-day/one-park tickets.

lovethatmouse: That was true for the first 9 months that AK was open. No older ticket media was accepted at AK without paying an "upgrade" fee. But since January, 1999, Disney dropped the restriction on the older passes and you can now use any pass regardless of when it was purchased at all four parks. All you need to do with the really old passes is have them converted for free to the magnetic strip passes in use today and you're all set.

I am glad that they are not charging for upgrades now. Thanks for the info (I have 3 more old passes locked in my safety deposit box).

Thanks for the help! I wasn't aware that you couldn't get DC discounts for 1 day tickets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter