• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I prevent that morning...

house_of_princesses

<font color=FF66FF>Has a multitude of DIS friends
condensation?? Sometimes we wake up in the camper and all the windows are covered with dew!! :eek: Do I keep all three vents open? (I'd hate to have to carry our dehumidifier! ;) ) Thanks for your help!! :D

People and pets breath out a surprising amount of water vapor. When the warm moist air hits a cooler surface the air becomes denser and can no longer hold the moisture and water forms on the cool surface. So you either need to let the air change with the outside air or have some other means of getting the water out of the air. If you are running an A/C or a properly vented heater you should have no problem. On nights when you need neither you should vent your camper. Open a window close to your head just a few inches. A Fan stirring the air also helps but without ventilation it cannot prevent it when conditions are right.

I agree with the ventilation!! Keep those screens open a few inches on at least two sides even in the coldest weather!!!

It will keep things much dryer. And then during the day open those screens all the way and let them dry thouroughly.

This is especially true for tents and probably true for pop up campers.

Ventilation is not only important to reduce that annoying condensation, but it is also a safety issue. Propane furnaces and stoves burn oxygen, and it is always a good idea when you are using these appliances to keep a vent open.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter