How crowded is Legoland these days?

WishUponAStar3

Believer In Big Dreams!
I just posted this in the CA trips board, but realized it is probably more fitting here- apologies for anyone who saw this twice! We are considering a one-day visit to Legoland on September 7th while vacationing in Carlsbad- our son is 4 and obsessed with Legos, so it feels like a must-do! That being said, he's too young to be vaccinated, so we're definitely nervous about going into packed crowds. However, I had heard or thought that Legoland doesn't have the mega crowds of Disney- do you think we'd be able to socially distance at all while there on a Tuesday in September? I also have N95 masks for all of us.

Grateful in advance for any advice!

Legoland typically isn’t all that busy compared to what a crowded day at Disney feels like. And especially not crowded during a weekday.

So, crowds shouldn’t be bad, and Legoland has lots of wide open space so you never need to be jammed up in a crowd.

However, when I was there earlier in the summer, they no longer had any distancing measures in place in lines, so distancing in attraction queues might be difficult if you are looking to have no one within 6 feet around you.

I just posted this in the CA trips board, but realized it is probably more fitting here- apologies for anyone who saw this twice! We are considering a one-day visit to Legoland on September 7th while vacationing in Carlsbad- our son is 4 and obsessed with Legos, so it feels like a must-do! That being said, he's too young to be vaccinated, so we're definitely nervous about going into packed crowds. However, I had heard or thought that Legoland doesn't have the mega crowds of Disney- do you think we'd be able to socially distance at all while there on a Tuesday in September? I also have N95 masks for all of us.

Grateful in advance for any advice!
We're literally on our way back home (we live in Sacramento) from a 2 day trip to Legoland for our Lego-obsessed 4 year old. A Tuesday visit should be perfect! We were there on Weds/Thursday and crowds were lighter on Wednesday. If your visit is like the crowd traffic on our days, you should have no problem at all riding any ride you'd like multiple times. As PP mentioned, there are no mask requirements and and not a whole lot of social distancing (because kids) but we wore our masks as much as possible. As with everything now, you take the risks you're comfortable with. There are some areas that just have Lego bricks for building with who knows how many kids have spent time digging around in them? But I couldn't keep my little guy out of if them and he had a blast. We just did a lot of hand washing and used hand sanitizer and there are dispensers at every ride and all around the park.

If you have time after your visit, definitely take a moment to check out the lobby/elevators at the Castle and Legoland hotel. We stayed at the Castle but walked over to check out the Legoland hotel too. Both are really cool.

Last thing... There are crazy bees by every.single.garbage can in the park. Like, super crazy. They will fly around strollers, crawl on juice boxes and cup lids, etc, and climb into cups if they can.

We're literally on our way back home (we live in Sacramento) from a 2 day trip to Legoland for our Lego-obsessed 4 year old. A Tuesday visit should be perfect! We were there on Weds/Thursday and crowds were lighter on Wednesday. If your visit is like the crowd traffic on our days, you should have no problem at all riding any ride you'd like multiple times. As PP mentioned, there are no mask requirements and and not a whole lot of social distancing (because kids) but we wore our masks as much as possible. As with everything now, you take the risks you're comfortable with. There are some areas that just have Lego bricks for building with who knows how many kids have spent time digging around in them? But I couldn't keep my little guy out of if them and he had a blast. We just did a lot of hand washing and used hand sanitizer and there are dispensers at every ride and all around the park.

If you have time after your visit, definitely take a moment to check out the lobby/elevators at the Castle and Legoland hotel. We stayed at the Castle but walked over to check out the Legoland hotel too. Both are really cool.

Last thing... There are crazy bees by every.single.garbage can in the park. Like, super crazy. They will fly around strollers, crawl on juice boxes and cup lids, etc, and climb into cups if they can.

Thank you SO much for this encouraging and super helpful reply! I’m so glad you guys had a blast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter