How busy will Hong Kong be during 9th-18th of October 2013?

Malin

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a trip to Hong Kong to visit the main tourist sights like Disneyland. I'll be visiting during the 9th-18th of October. And I see the day after the Chung Yeung Festival is a national Holiday. How much will this effect crowd levels at Hong Kong's main tourist destinations. Also are there any other school or Chinese holidays that I need to be aware of before booking these dates?

Have fun Malin.

If the public holiday crowds are like what I saw for their April festival dates, then you're probably better off avoiding the DL par, Ocean Park and the Giant Buddha on that day.

http://www.gov.hk/en/about/abouthk/holiday/

I recommend that you check up when their October half-term holidays are. They normally have a 4 day weekend mid-term. Not sure when they fall in 2013.

From my side, I would not really worry about the crowd levels during this time, Halloween will be ongoing with some of main street done up, go as early as possible, mainland Chinese tour groups arrive between noon to four, then they all leave, busy hours are between those hours, so plan a lunch and a walk about. Use fast pass where possible, and just have fun!

We have done 2 trips to HK Disneyland around this time of the year and it is not a peak season, where Disney is there will always be crowds but I think you will find it to be on the moderate side!

It has just been announced that the Halloween gig at Hong Kong Disneyland will be from September 15 to October 31, 2013. Most of the action is on Main Street, the parade is good, crowd levels will not be a problem.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter