How busy was the World from Jan. 1- 5?

A

adisneynut

Thinking about going next year around that time. Just wondering how busy the parks are? How are the wait times? Also the weather? Thanks!

In-laws and 2 neices first trip and we were hoping for less crowds but not real hot weather.

Just back from trip January 1-5th. We found the parks pretty busy, especially MK. It was absolutely packed on Jan 2nd and had long lines right up to closing at midnight. The other 3 parks were very manageable though and the weather was decent this year, 3 warm days and 2 cold days. We have been this same week in 2002 and 2001 and the weather was very cold, with no warm days. This is still a decent time to go, Value rates start on the 1st and it's not as bad crowd-wise as the week prior. You just have to be flexible and willing to get to MK at opening or stay until late. Atleast, the hours were extended this year which helped us squeeze everything in.

I was there Jan 1-7, and it seemed extremely crowded at the parks and on the buses Jan 1-4, then the crowds lessened after Jan 4. I really loved this time of year to go, but next year I think I will go after Jan 5.

Hello!! We just got back from our trip which was from the 1st-6th. I thought the parks were crowded on the 2nd, but after that i thought it seemed to taper off. On Friday and Saturday night the MK was not very crowded--we walked right onto Splash (2 times in a row) :) , Dumbo, Snow White and Big Thunder Mountain RR. Out of all the parks, MGM seemed very crowded. Long lines for everything. The weather was a little chilly, not really shorts weather IMHO. It was still so much fun though--I wish I was there right now :(

We were there the 1st to the 6th. It was much more crowded than I expected it to be. I've been before at the same time and most things were walk-ons, but not this time. I stood in a line about 25 people deep to get fast passes for Rockin Rollercoaster on Jan. 2. Of course, with my teenagers, getting up and out early was not in the cards. We were also at MK that night and found it to be extremely crowded. Since the holiday was on Wed, I think a lot of people took the 2nd and 3rd off and made it a long vacation weekend.

We just returned from our 12/27 to 01/04 trip and thought the parks were crowded. The major rides had at least a 60 minute wait. On New Years eve we spent the entire day at EPCOT. We heard they closed the Magic Kingdom prior to noon. When we walked by Test Track we noted that the wait time was 210 minutes. Yes, that is correct, 210 minutes and what made it worse was that all the fast passes were already gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter