How big is the Charlotte airport?

one_cat

Jack, you have debauched my sloth.
I just realized that we have only a 35 minute layover in Charlotte tomorrow. We have to walk from gate b6 to c10. Is that a long walk? I always worry that we will miss our connection.

Don't want to scare you... but it's huge. You're going to want to hit the ground running I'm afraid.

Did an airline schedule this? I don't believe I've ever booked through an airline and been given this little time between legs . From b to c may not be bad though...

Good luck :)

Not sure what the scale is, but it looks like you might be walking *briskly*

Charlotte Terminal Map

I would be interested to hear how you do, as DS and I will be connecting through Charlotte in February.

Debbie

Lovely isn't it - scheduled by the airline. It's not as bad as it could be but it makes me nervous. I just hadn't paid much attention since the timeframes get changed about every other week. I was just happy to be flying through Charlotte again instead of through Philadelphia.

It's definately not as bad as the Philly airport... Philly has to be the worst I've ever had the displeasure of visiting :(

You're right about the constant changes. What a pain that is! US Air seems to be the worst about it lately in my experience.

Good luck :) Charlotte is a very nice airport... but you aren't going to see much of it I'm afraid.

I just talked to a very nice lady in Ticketing at US Air who assured me that it would not be a problem. If our plane is late they can even drive us there in one of the electric carts. So I am not going to worry about it. BTW: Thanks for the map. That is so cool.

The other thing that can work in your favor, is that I have noticed the airlines building all sorts of extra time into their schedules. i.e. my last flight from Providence to BWI was schedule to take over an hour and a half, and I think it ended up being around an hour 10 mins. So you may actually have more than the 35 you think.

I don't want to scare you, but USair is famous for those short layovers! We had two 40 minute ones in Charlotte (from Bos) on the way and way home from Orlando. Both times, we were late landing, and I didn't see much of Charlotte airport as we were running. Both times, we were supposed to go from C terminal to B terminal, but both times, Usair went to another gate in B. Still, both times we had to RUN!!!! And I mean SPRINT!! B terminal is huge! Nobody offered us electric cars.

On the way home, we landed at the time our connection was supposed to take off. The weren't holding the plane. We RAN as fast as we could, and got on with another family from our flight. The group that didn't run as fast, got bumped from the flight.

We made the flight, but our luggage did not. They didn't take the time to reopen the cargo hold and put it all in. Our suitcases were delivered to our house a few days later.

Wear good shoes, and hope for the best!:D

Don't know if you will see this before you leave, but Charlotte is not bad. The walk from C to B is not too long compared to some of the others I have been through. I do not walk fast at all and it wouldn't take me long at all to get from C to B.

I guess ever experience is different. All of my flights into and out of Charlotte with US Air arrived early and those have been within the last year.

Hope you have a great trip!

I'm another one who has done the "dash" in Charlotte. I made it though and my luggage made it. The thing is, is that USAir did not think I made it and cancelled all my return trip reservations (which I then had to book alternate plans when I got to the airport to return home). It scares me that if something had happened to that plane, they would not have had record of me as being on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter