How are the two bedrooms in SSR New to DVC

EMYSDAD

Earning My Ears
Vaction time May, 06' with eight. Four adults- four teens. would love to hear your feedabck regarding the sizes. Does anyone know the best viewing area from a balcony? Thanks... :rolleyes:

Depending on wether you get a dedicated 2 bedroom or a lockoff, there might be a difference in your beds. In a lockoff, you will have the 1bedroom side with a king size bed in the master and a queen pullout sofa in the living room portion. If you have a lockoff then the studio will have a queen bed and full sofa, as well as the extra kitchenette. If you have a dedicated two bed. then the studio portion will have 2 queen beds in it, and no kitchenette. You can view the layouts of the rooms at the member website, or try allears.net for real photos of the SSR rooms. If you haven't already you might want to make a request with MS for the type of 2 bed. that you want. You will have beds for everyone as long as their are 2 people in each bed(or sofa). If the teens do not want to bunk together , you might consider taking an air matress for one of them to sleep on. For what it's worth, the pullouts at SSR are the best of the bunch, they are not like regular pull out sofa's so they are fairly comfortable even for adults. My SIL had no complaints. Have a great stay!

Not sure what you mean about viewing area from the balcony. If you mean DTD, you need to be at Congress Park. Balconies are smaller than OKW balconies, but about the same size as BCV, BWV, VWL. You might not have a balcony off the master bedroom. But if you have a lock of, you should have a balcony off the living room and second bedroom.

Just got back yesterday from SSR, our second stay. We have taken my elderly parents the past 2 years. Last year we had a dedicated 2 BR, this year a lock off. We preferred the dedicated, simply because of the 2 queens in the studio portion vs. 1 queen and a sleeper sofa in the studio of the lockoff. We also had no problem fitting 4 chairs and the little table on one balcony.
On the other hand, the lockoff had separate temp controls in the studio and the 1 BR portions, so my folks were able to keep their room a bit warmer than we like ours.

Just an FYI but the balconies at SSR are definitely bigger than the BWV and VWL balconies. I can't speak to the size of BCV or OKW but I would guess that the balconies at SSR are more in line with what you can get at OKW.

EMYSDAD said:
Vaction time May, 06' with eight. Four adults- four teens. would love to hear your feedabck regarding the sizes. Does anyone know the best viewing area from a balcony? Thanks... :rolleyes:

Thanks evryone for your comments. When we booked our two bedroom we asked for a dedicted room, and asked for a pool side view. First time going as DVC members. We were not sure what views were best for overlooking? DTD / or pool side. From what we are hearing? Congress park section sounds like the place to be near? Thanks again... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter