Housekeeping question

SweetJoy

Mouseketeer
Checking in to POR next week and wondering if anyone can comment on the current housekeeping situation at the moderates. Full housekeeping every other day is what the Disney site says - does that mean no housekeeping on the alternate days, or are just trash/towels done? Thanks!

My family consists of myself, DW and 2 teenage DDs. Once they shower, all the large towels will be used. So yes, it is very easy to go through all the large towels in one day.
My family consists of the exact same and we don't go thru enough towels to be worried with every other day housekeeping. Not judging just find it odd, I do remember last trip we somehow got skipped a day for housekeeping and there was definitely a code red on towels. Called housekeeping and within a few minutes they brought us up some towels and it was a bag of towels like 12 towels. I don't know if that was a wise a*! gesture but who cares we got a lot of towels.

We just returned from a 2 week stay at POR. Housekeeping was every second day (though they did ask at check in ifwe wanted to opt out). On housekeeping days, they made the beds, changed the towels, and took out the trash. Bathroom counter was wiped down but this was the only surface touched (chest of drawers and bedside table were not dusted/wiped down during our stay). No floor cleaning was done on housekeeping days, not a huge deal but after two weeks we felt the floors needed a good clean.

Worth mentioning, we've been staying regularly at POR since 2009 and this was the first time we've felt the room wasn't as clean as it should be on arrival.

Geez, how many towels does one need not to be able to wait every other day for housekeeping.
When there are 4 people in a villa and only 4 towels, there is a need for hair towels! Can't use the same towel for your hair and your body! 🤣

My family consists of the exact same and we don't go thru enough towels to be worried with every other day housekeeping. Not judging just find it odd, I do remember last trip we somehow got skipped a day for housekeeping and there was definitely a code red on towels. Called housekeeping and within a few minutes they brought us up some towels and it was a bag of towels like 12 towels. I don't know if that was a wise a*! gesture but who cares we got a lot of towels.
Some people consider a towel "dirty" after one use. Others (like my family of 2 adults and 2 teens who all shower at least once daily, and will reuse towels several times before laundering them - although we do keep track of which-towel-is-whose) don't. New towels once every 3-4 days is more than enough for us, which is good, since we often stay DVC and aren't getting trash-and-towel service any more often than that.

We just returned from a 2 week stay at POR. Housekeeping was every second day (though they did ask at check in ifwe wanted to opt out). On housekeeping days, they made the beds, changed the towels, and took out the trash. Bathroom counter was wiped down but this was the only surface touched (chest of drawers and bedside table were not dusted/wiped down during our stay). No floor cleaning was done on housekeeping days, not a huge deal but after two weeks we felt the floors needed a good clean.

Worth mentioning, we've been staying regularly at POR since 2009 and this was the first time we've felt the room wasn't as clean as it should be on arrival.
I would drop a line to guest services. The floor is supposed to be cleaned during room cleanings. Sounds like POR is taking shortcuts.

“These full cleanings include everything you’d expect – from replacing towels and amenities to cleaning the bathrooms, making the beds, emptying trash and recycling, tidying the room and vacuuming”

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-housekeeping-update-youve-been-waiting-for/

This reminds me of our last DVC stay. We had to call multiple times to have tea/coffee replenished because they were only giving us a couple at a time. Finally, a CM shows up at the door with a bag FULL of tea, coffee pods and fixings. Like - maybe enough for 30 days??? 🤣

My family consists of myself, DW and 2 teenage DDs. Once they shower, all the large towels will be used. So yes, it is very easy to go through all the large towels in one day.
For sure, one to wrap up the hair and a different one to actually dry off with. It is a hard life when you are a teenager, after all 🙃

Just coming across this thread. During our recent stay at Poly I was surprised to find only one hand towel (the one on the towel hook) in the bathroom at check in along with four bath towels. I usually do this anyway - but immediately requested extra hand and bath towels which arrived almost instantaneously! Response time was fantastic. From then on I left a note along with a tip daily requesting extra towels. I have no qualms about requesting as many towels as needed because I hate reusing towels in climates where towels just do not dry in between uses.

The one odd thing I found was that the garbage pails did not have bags already in them and we had to do this ourselves…every day….in three pails! Not a huge deal but just funny. With the new style pails and the bags being nearly impossible to open up, I’m not surprised housekeeping leaves the new bag tucked over the side of the pail and doesn’t take care of this - it was a pain!

Also - I wasn’t a huge fan of the housekeeping carts left in the hallways all of the time but what irked me were guests leaving their dirty dishes and left over food on top of the carts. Not what I want to see in any hotel hallway especially not at Disney where we all pay such a high price point.

OK - I’m done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter