Hotels Ranked?

I think rankings like this are incredibly fun. People having disagreements or “their rankings” add to the enjoyment.
I agree rankings can be fun and I enjoy reading the lists of members on this site. But why am I supposed to go watch some bloated video from someone not taking the time (or not willing) to write their list on here? No thanks
These are my thoughts exactly, I think it’s fun to see what others think and how they rank based on their opinions.

I don’t understand why people are so down on this video. That website ranked hotels and rankings are fun to discuss. If you don’t want to discuss your rankings, then…don’t post? I’m not even the OP, just strange to me.
I’m wondering the same. I am OP and can’t fathom how a ranking could possibly be this frustrating. lol

I can’t even rank my favorite Disney hotels. Maybe I’m too serious about it lol. My lists would be entirely dependent on

1) budget
2) desires/needs of whoever is traveling
3) availability

*availability lands 3rd because if you keep stalking the website I know very well you have decent odds what you want will pop up (not always, I said decent odds)

Rankings like this are so subjective that I don’t bother watching such videos.

I agree, even on threads here the opinions on what is the 'best' Disney hotel tend to be all over the map. Where to stay is mostly based on: 1) budget, 2) which park(s) you plan to visit and 3) you view of the subjective 'theming' topic.

If I was mostly going to MK, I wouldn't choose an Epcot area hotel as the best option. Similarly, if mostly going to Epcot/HS, then staying at one of the monorail hotels adds a lot of unnecessary travel time to get to the park. Every hotel has mutiple restaurants and everyone has different dining preferences.

I didn't watch the video but relied on Jwaire's post. I've stayed at half of these resorts but visited all of them. I agree with most of her ordering, but I favor theming the most; therefore, I would move Contemporary, Pop, and Coronado to last and Poly to first.

Found the video annoying. Our two most disappointing stays to date were at SSR and GF. Regardless of this I still would love to be at either right now!!!

She lost me on WL as #1. Beautiful resort, yes, but #1? Apparently she’s never used the bus to go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.
But that’s just my opinion, as it is hers. Opinions are just that. Vloggers are just people with equipment and opinions. It serves a purpose to get people thinking and as long as you realize it’s only an opinion and not fact.

She lost me on WL as #1. Beautiful resort, yes, but #1? Apparently she’s never used the bus to go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.
But that’s just my opinion, as it is hers. Opinions are just that. Vloggers are just people with equipment and opinions. It serves a purpose to get people thinking and as long as you realize it’s only an opinion and not fact.
Yep, its all just for fun. Everyone is going to have a different opinion.
I was happy to see WL as #1 since its my home resort, but ive never been to WDW, so its all just opinion to me.

I can't click on that video because I can't risk having my algorithm assume I want to see videos like that.
Hahaha, the world we live in now. lol
You could actually "right click" and open in "Incognito Window" to avoid messing with your algorithm. 8-)
But the list was posted already, so really no need.

Last edited:
Everyone ranks the resorts for so many different reasons. Some people use location, or transportation options, indoor hallways etc. And for our family those are rarely important to us. I would rank AKL very high because it is by far the most unique and one of a kind resort:) After looking at her rankings, I would have to say that it would be very close to how I would rank them.
As far as the good neighbors blunder, I could really care less. If I made my decision solely on that and found there were no perks, then that would be on me and not someone mentioning it in a video. If people are to lazy to do some research then "they get what they get and shouldn't throw a fit" :rotfl:

Everyone ranks the resorts for so many different reasons. Some people use location, or transportation options, indoor hallways etc. And for our family those are rarely important to us. I would rank AKL very high because it is by far the most unique and one of a kind resort:) After looking at her rankings, I would have to say that it would be very close to how I would rank them.
As far as the good neighbors blunder, I could really care less. If I made my decision solely on that and found there were no perks, then that would be on me and not someone mentioning it in a video. If people are to lazy to do some research then "they get what they get and shouldn't throw a fit" :rotfl:

AKL is by far our favorite hotel, but we do hate the transportation limitations. Our dream would be a skyliner or some other innovative transportation over to Epcot area.

You own DVC at WL but you’ve never been to WDW?
Yes, that is correct.

Basically i was planning a trip, & was looking at spending almost $4k for 10 nights at a hotel, so i thought why wouldn't i just spend that on DVC & if i don't like WDW i'll just sell it after my trip... and now i already have a 2nd Grand Cal contract in ROFR. lol

Last edited:
I’m glad to see Yacht Club ranked so low. It’s horrible. I don’t think any of you will want to stay there. :rolleyes1
Nice try.

I'm always interested in watching these videos IF what they do is outline the pros and cons of each resort and provide information about the amenities, rooms, restaurants, location, etc.. If they just rank them, that's a personal opinion that has nothing to do with my likes, dislikes, needs and plans. We don't even rank each one the same for each trip because we have different plans.

Nice try.

I'm always interested in watching these videos IF what they do is outline the pros and cons of each resort and provide information about the amenities, rooms, restaurants, location, etc.. If they just rank them, that's a personal opinion that has nothing to do with my likes, dislikes, needs and plans. We don't even rank each one the same for each trip because we have different plans.

🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️. I guess you didn’t get the joke, I should have used the winky emoji. People from the Y & B thread know that YC is my favorite resort at WDW. We’ve been staying there since the mid 90s, many years for 4 or 5 trips. As YC has gotten more popular, I’ve jokingly told posters to keep YC a secret. :ssst:

🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️. I guess you didn’t get the joke, I should have used the winky emoji. People from the Y & B thread know that YC is my favorite resort at WDW. We’ve been staying there since the mid 90s, many years for 4 or 5 trips. As YC has gotten more popular, I’ve jokingly told posters to keep YC a secret. :ssst:
I read it as they Did get the joke. The reply of Nice Try to me seemed like they were playing back on the joke to you.

For quiet, believe it or not, the mods are better in our experience. The enclosed hallways + children yelling with excitement do not lead to good sleep at the Deluxe resorts. Never had a problem with noise at either CSR or FWR.

My list:
  1. Disney’s Boardwalk Inn Resort - my heart
  2. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort - most beautiful - jaw drops every time I walk into that magnificent lobby. Love the animals as well.
  3. Disney's Contemporary Resort - fun and more theming than I was led to believe
  4. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort - We ordered room service on Thanksgiving Day, I'm guessing 2010 or 2011. Hands down best Thanksgiving meal ever
  5. Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  6. Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort - nice but soooooo spppprrreeeeaaaadddddddd out
  7. Disney’s Yacht Club Resort - expected to like this resort a lot more than we did.
  8. Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort -
  9. Disney's Wilderness Lodge -

1. Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  2. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter