• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

hotel with best view for WDW fireworks

Samantha_Mommy

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting WDW in January, what hotels are the best for viewing the fireworks from WDW...any other parks that disney owns do fireworks?

You can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Contemporary, Polynesian and from the fort wilderness beach. In most of these places they pipe in the music into the public viewing area. I dont think you'll see it from many of the actual rooms though.

EPCOT has the nightly Illuminations fireworks and laser show. Best night time show at WDW in my opinion. You can see a few of the high fireworks from the Boardwalk Hotels ( yacht/beach club, boardwalk) but you really miss out on most of the show.

The Fantasmic show at Hollywood Studios also uses a good amount of fireworks.

I recommend getting a dinner reservation for Ohana for about 8 or 8:30. they pump the music in tot he restaurant and you can watch the fireworks through the Window. Very nice dining experience and the view we had was great and we were across the restaurant form the Windows facing MK.

You can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Contemporary, Polynesian and from the fort wilderness beach. In most of these places they pipe in the music into the public viewing area. I dont think you'll see it from many of the actual rooms though.

EPCOT has the nightly Illuminations fireworks and laser show. Best night time show at WDW in my opinion. You can see a few of the high fireworks from the Boardwalk Hotels ( yacht/beach club, boardwalk) but you really miss out on most of the show.

The Fantasmic show at Hollywood Studios also uses a good amount of fireworks.

I agree, you can also see parts of Illuminations from the Swan and Dolphin (if your room does not face Epcot you can just walk out heading toward the Yacht and Beach Club and see limited parts of it). You will also see people walk over toward the International Gateway and stand on a bridge that is just past the Boardwalk to watch the show as well as you can get some good views there but as mentioned above you will miss most of the show unless you are in the park.

In my experience you tend to hear more of Fantasmic than see it from the resorts. If you venture over toward the Swan and Dolphin pool area you can hear most of it, however many of the fireworks are toward the end of the show and due to the distance and the way the stage is set up you will not see any of the show itself except for a few of the fireworks.

Don't forget you can see Wishes from the Grand Floridian as well

I would suggest getting a reservation at California Grill close to fireworks time ... most often the waiters/waitresses will ask if you will be viewing the fireworks and hold your food until they are over. You can then walk out to the observation deck and watch the fireworks from there. If you haven't been seated for dinner yet, you can always hang out in the lounge then when the fireworks start, make your way to the observation deck to watch.

Another option is to watch the fireworks from the beach at either the Polynesian or Grand Floridian - you don't need to be a guest at those resorts to watch the fireworks from the beaches.

We were able to see illuminations at Epcot from the Caribean Beach resort. It was nice to come back to the room and see them.

The beach at the Polynesian is a great viewing spot, but I don't think we were able to see very well from the WL. What you can do is catch the boat from the wilderness lodge that leaves about 10-15 minutes before the Fireworks start and it will arrive at MK just as they are starting. They stop the boat just before the dock and it waits until the fireworks are over to start again. The front seats are a great viewing spot - almost like a free Wishes cruise. On the WL thread in the Resorts forum there is more info on how to time it right.

I second Bay Lake Towers. This is the newest resort (2 years old now I think) that is attached to the contemporary. You can probably even rent DVC points from a member (check out the DVC rental board) and it should be less expensive than going directly through Disney and you are still able to add your park passes and dining plan if you like. They have theme park views that give you a view directly from your hotel room. My kids have also enjoyed just watching them from one of the higher floors in the elevator lobby because they are scared of the loud bangs still.

Ground floor, castle view, Tuvalu, at the Polynesian.

Our first visit to WDW..supposed to be our "once in a lifetime trip"..:rotfl:

Opened the door to our room, and Hello!
Castle right there!!

The first night, we had put the kids to bed, and could not figure out what the kabooming noises were (this was before I found out about the Dis:teeth: , and that there were fireworks every evening...sheesh;) )

Next night, we were later getting back from dinner, and the drapes were still open while getting the kids into bed...and WOW!!!!

And the Electrical Water Parade rolled right by too!!

Magic:goodvibes

Have fun!!

:)

we used to watch the fireworks part of illuminations from the balcony of our room in the 50ts sect at pop

Can you see any of the fireworks shows from Disney Boardwalk "boardwalk view rooms"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter