hotel royal plaza

We just returned from a week at the Hotel Royal Plaza. We had a tower room that faced
Downtown Disney. Three adults and one child for $100 through Mousesavers.
We loved the hotel. The Giraffe Grill has very good food (kids eat fee). The pool area
was very nice. The bar next to the pool was very handy. We relaxed by the pool with a drink while
we did laundry. The bus service was excellent. We only had to wait long one evening.
Our room was very nice with two beds and a sofa bed. The hotel has a small Disney Store and
another nice gift shop. Everyone working there was very friendly and helpful.
I think you will enjoy this hotel.

Deannab - can you tell me more about the pool area? We're planning to stay there in late March. My girls (ages 16, 13 & 8) are hoping that the pool isn't too shallow. Any details would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

I believe the pool at the Hotel Royal Plaza goes from 4 1/2 foot to 91/2 ft.. I did'nt see in the rooms next to the pool,
they all have a nice little patio. I probably will request poolside next time. Besides the bar next to the pool there is a little cabanna shop that sells pool toys and beachwear. Just talking about it makes me wish we back there. We came home to 14 inches of snow in Iowa. Enjoy!!

Can you tell me a little about the hotel transportation. I have 5 yr old twins that I have to contend with. How often do the buses run? Where do they pick up/drop off? Did they run late at night?

Anything else you can think of to add I would appreciate.

The downtown disney hotel buses start running one hour before each park opens. They run every half-hour until two hours after the park opens. They then run every hour until one hour before each park closes. Then they start running every half-hour again for the next three hours. The let you out and pick up at space #26 at each park. At some of the parks Space #26 is quite a walk. This work great unless you want to ride in the middle of the day. If you miss one bus you have to wait another hour. This happened to us one day and we just walked to Downtown Disney and took the Disney bus. We rode the bus all the time except one day. We had breakfast at the Grand Floridian and wanted to be sure we made our reservations on time, so we took the hotel taxi. We had planned to rent a car but found it was'nt needed.
One thing we did that really helped us was to take walkie-talkies. I hope your five year olds enjoys WDW has much a my 5 year old granddaughter. She loves it!!!

Deannab - me again. Thanks for the info on the pool. Our girls will be happy to hear that it's plenty deep. Can you tell me anything about the pool area? Is it landscaped at all? Can you only get drinks at the pool bar or do they serve any food? I really appreciate the info on this hotel. We usually stay on-site at Disney, so this will be a real change of pace for us.

We're also from the midwest - Minnesota. I'm looking forward to seeing "GREEN" and enjoying the warm weather. I must say, though, that we have had such an easy winter up here. Barely any snow and warm temps - today was in the 50s. It still will be great to get away, though! :cool:

Thanks for all your help!

The pool area is very nice. The pool bar also serves food. We didn't eat there, but saw several people eating. We found the food at the Griaffe Grill very good and I'm sure they also serve the pool area. You're right, even with a mild winter it is nice to see "green and flowers" I never mentioned the lack of crowds during our trip. We never had to wait for any ride or Character greeting more than 10-15 minutes. My daughter rode Rock'n'Roll Roller Coaster three times in a row on Monday morning without waiting. She also got picked to be one of the cast for Indiana Jones. She had not see the show before, so she was quite surprised when the guy standing next to her fell to the ground after being punched.
We also walked right on to Test Track. This will spoil us for future visits!!
Hope this info helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter