• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

hot sun but f&w left me cold... and other musings of the Oct 10th week

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
Arrived for our 5 night stay at the Poly deluxe studio (nice room, construction is very obvious and they are working daily! lucky for us Pago Pago is removed from construction area) And the bungalows are obnoxious! So is the light from the TTC at the far end of the resort.

Some thoughts:
-Trader Sams. Fun, they allow you in as people leave - 2 out, 2 in just like a nightclub. Lots to see, but the gimmicks repeat after awhile. Drinks are very pricey. You have to go at least once.
- Call me fuddy-duddy but I really didn't think the F&W is anything special. (aside from the special big crowds!) I'm from a large city and really I can find most of the foods served at the F&W. Funny side note: Love standing in the line for Greece to get my G-row, Guy-row, G-yarow LOL!
-Disney drink mugs... why the heck can't Disney install satellite drink refill stations at the resorts especially at the pool bar?
-If major metro areas with bus service can have bus arrival time apps why can't Disney?
-Is it me or are strollers getting bigger, and bigger.....and parents crazier and crazier (EMH at MK until 1am saw tons of sleepy, tired, exhausted kids/babies at that hour! and we arrived at 11pm and several families with strollers got on the monorail on their way to MK!)
-FP+ drives me nuts... and makes my family crazy with when and where we need to be.

As I sit here ripping up the crowd calendars - we did have a great trip, lots of fun. The new Poly pool is fun and the resort is lovely. Can't wait and hope crowds are lower in my early Dec. trip!

Yes, the strollers are getting bigger and bigger in my estimation as well! And some parents use them as battering rams. People complain about some ECV drivers but I have never had an issue with one. But I or my kids have had run-ins with these gigantic strollers numerous times.

The strollers also take up way too much space on busses. I'd love to see busses have an external rack (like city busses have for bikes) to store strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter