Hot chocolate, jingle bells and more hot chocolate TR

Isnt Paris just the most romantic and fantastic place to be smitten with someone.
Another lovely installment :goodvibes

Gosh I'm terrible at updating this, I'm sorry. Life just has a habit of getting in the way! Anyway, on with the trip report.

(cont)

We’re used to walking a lot, but I think a second day of walking really got to me at this point plus we hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast. I was so glad when the Eiffel Tower finally appeared in front of us! We took an appalling selfie of course.

We wandered around the area a little bit and went up the Trocadero steps so we could admire the view from there.

I was really keen to go to a Christmas market and I’d heard good things about one at the Champs Elysees. We walked a little bit before admitting defeat and getting on metro! I’m pretty sure we got off at the Champs-Elysees-Clemenceau stop and the market was really easy to find from there. It went down both sides of the road and was absolutely massive.

Everything looked lovely, especially the sweet treats, but we didn’t end up getting anything. Simon had been spotting posters for the Pixar exhibition at Art Ludique all day and he was absolutely adamant that we go. He’s a designer and loves all things Pixar so there was no way we could avoid it really! We got back on the metro and got off at Gare d'Austerlitz, the gallery was about five minutes walk from there and it was relatively easy to find.

The exhibition should have been €14 each, but the lady only charged us for student tickets which was really nice. The exhibition itself was amazing and we spent a good hour and half in there. There were signs saying no photos, but no one was around to enforce it so I was sneaky and took a few on my phone (as were most other people!).

I took this photo outside when we left:

I think it’s on until March and I’d completely recommend going if you get the chance. Everything was written in both French and English and there was so much to see. There was also this amazing zoetrope – you can find it on YouTube, but it was so impressive in person.

We did intend to stay in Paris longer and explore a little bit more, but by this time we were both feeling pretty tired so we decided to head back. The train back to Marne la Vallee was super busy the whole way back which surprised me, I presumed that a lot of people would get off on the way seeing as Marne la Vallee is the very last stop.

I’m so glad we made time to go into Paris this trip, I enjoyed our day there so much and now I’m really eager to go back so we can do a bit more exploring.

I’m ashamed to say that we got a Mcdonalds from the village for our dinner! I never eat Mcdonalds usually but we ate it twice on holiday. The food this time wasn’t actually very good, but we were both super hungry so we scoffed it down anyway. We watched some shows on the Disney channel which we found thoroughly entertaining and then we called it a night.

Day Five

I’d mentioned to Simon that you could pay to eat breakfast at the DLH and he was really keen to try it out this morning. We’d love to stay there one day, but the price difference is just mad – I’d much rather use that money towards another holiday! We left SL a little before 8 and walked through the village.

Neither of us had actually been inside the DLH before so it was really exciting walking in. We tried our best to fit in – I’d read up on here where to go so hopefully we didn’t look too lost! We walked slowly so we could have a good look around.

There was pretty much no queue for breakfast (just one family in front of us), yay! I got out our easypass and asked the CM in French if she spoke English. She shrugged and said ‘a little bit’, so I explained we were staying at SL but would like pay to eat breakfast there instead, but she told us not to worry about paying and sent us through to be seated. Amazing! The added pixie dust definitely made our breakfast all the more special.

I really like the continental breakfast at SL, but the wide variety of food available at DLH was a welcome change. I absolutely love pain au raisins so I was delighted that I could help myself to them and we both enjoyed the hot breakfast options.

I think Simon took this photo on the way out, you can see it really wasn’t busy at all:

I forgot to mention this breakfast in my highs, but it really was a high of the trip and we would definitely go again.

We had a quick look in the shop and then went into the park. It was about 9 at this point so EMH were still happening. We went into the castle for a little bit.

We then took advantage of the remainder of EMH by going on Buzz and Peter Pan. When Frontierland opened we went on BTM with a minimal queue. I took a shine to this guy...

We still hadn’t managed to do RnR coaster after it broke down while we were in the queue, so we decided to head to the studios and give it another try.

Mickey was doing his meet and greet outside.

We managed to do RnR coaster this time! The music was only on for about half the ride though which was shame, it’s just not the same without it.

After this we headed out the park and towards the station so we could get the train to Val d’Europe. I didn’t really get my shopping fix in Paris the day before and, seeing as I love shopping, I really felt like I needed another chance to see some shops.

We found the shopping centre really easily and I really enjoyed having a good look around. I’m not sure the same could be said about Simon though…!

Fortunately, he soon perked up because it was lunchtime! We spent far too long wandering round the food court unable to reach a decision, so we ended up just choosing the closest thing to us. I can’t remember what it was called, but it was one of the places that did sandwiches and cakes.

I ordered a three cheese panini and Simon had a wrap of some kind, and then the woman behind the counter explained to us it was better value for us to order cakes too as we had also ordered drinks. My French is pretty poor so it was a nice feeling when I managed to finish the order.

This trip definitely made me want to learn more French, I feel terrible that I only know one language when so many people in other countries speak multiple languages.

We popped into Auchan where we picked up some sweets and chocolate (only the necessities!) and then got the train back. This time it was a different train to usual which I found exciting enough to take a photo.

We went back to SL quickly to drop off our (my) purchases and then strolled back to the main park. Simon really wanted to do the railroad because we hadn’t got round to it yet on this trip, so we joined the queue at main street. I won’t whinge about this too much as I already mentioned it in my lows, but it was a bit of a waste of time really. Nonetheless, we finally got on and then jumped off at Fantasy Street so we could catch the parade.

After the parade we were freezing, so we headed towards somewhere warm… Pirates! It was a walk on again, and it was so nice when we were blasted with hot air about halfway through the queue area.

We made a quick stop at Le Passage Enchante d’Aladdin.

We were still chilly so we went to main street to get hot chocolates and muffins. It was crazy busy everywhere, I think everyone had the same idea about warming up, so we hung around in one of the arcades while we ate. We watched the tree lighting ceremony and then decided to go and hunt out a good spot for dreams. We managed to get a place in front of one of the railed off gardens with the snowmen in them. The problem we had last time was that even though it seemed like we had a good spot, as soon as the show started lots of parents put their children on their shoulders, completely blocking our view. I understand that parents want their children have an amazing experience, but one of the children blocking my view actually spent the whole time staring off into Discoveryland! It was a little frustrating.

This time our view was perfect though because there was no one directly in front of us. I definitely enjoyed the show so much more because of it too.

After dreams, we looked in a few shops and I bought a couple of souvenirs.

For dinner we decided to get EoS again. I got the Hawaiian and Simon got the chicken Caesar salad – he was obviously feeling like being a lot healthier than me! I remember this night it felt so cold on the walk back to the hotel, I think we pretty much jogged the short distance back to our room!

We did intend on going to the bar, but it was so cold that I couldn’t bring myself to leave our warm room. I think that’s a real issue with being in one of the lodges during the winter – I’m sure if we were in the main building I wouldn’t have given a second thought about going to the bar.

We watched some more terrible TV and then settled down, sad that it was our last night.

Just read from beginning to end! Great report, Thanks for sharing. Lovely photos too, you both have great smiles. :)
Glad to read that you enjoyed Blue Lagoon, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Just read from beginning to end! Great report, Thanks for sharing. Lovely photos too, you both have great smiles. :)
Glad to read that you enjoyed Blue Lagoon, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy Blue Lagoon as much as we did, it definitely gets high praise from us. When's your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter