Hope1826's TR - SBP/Attic/Upper UK - Wedding Pics Finally - Page 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry for cutting out and not responding to you all yesterday, I was about to miss my train and had to run!

My dad did give us some good news last night. His Kidney function has improved and is in normal ranges. He hasn't started conventional therapy (combined Chemo + Stem Cell treatment - bone marrow transplant) yet, but he has been taking an alternative medication that a doctor in Africa has been using successfully for a decade now.

When they first diagnosed him he was very close to renal failure (due to the cancer) and the prognosis was 2 months to 1 year (he wasn't telling us that). But apparently the alternative medication (and everyone's thoughts, wishes and prayers) are working. And he will be starting conventional therapy soon.

And he swore that he will keep us informed and he understands that that he doesn't have to deal with this alone.

I can't thank you ALL enough for your support and kind words. I'm going to tell him about all of your thoughts and prayers.:hug:

Nikki, I'm very sorry. It's tough when your parents are sick, but even more difficult when you're not sure what's fact.

My father went through a cancer "scare" last year. I say "scare" because he doesn't have it yet, but based on all the test results, they say it's only a matter of time (I've never heard that one before). His heart is also failing, and he needs surgery.

It's *very* scary. When someone has been around your entire life, not knowing what's going to happen next can be terrifying.

I'm getting married in September, I pray every day he'll be there to walk me down the aisle because it's always been his dream.

It must be frustrating that he's waited until now to tell you, but now that you know, you can take advantage of every moment you have.

I really do hope it's five years or more. :hug:

Thank you so much! I will be praying for you and your dad! I truly hope he does walk you down the aisle in September and that he is with you for many many years.

Just finished up your TR and I loved your ceremony. I am SO sorry to hear about your father. :hug: :guilty: But, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

On the bright side, your wedding looked phenomenal. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your flowers, but if that's the only thing that goes wrong with MY wedding, I'll consider myself blessed!! :lmao:

MUCH LOVE! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you so much!

I definitely had a magical wedding. That's why I am a little torn about complaining to Rose. They didn't ruin my day at all. And although the flowers weren't perfect the smelled like heaven!

I'm sorry to hear about your father... we're hear for you if you need us. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you so much!!

Sending you and your family lots of love.... :grouphug:

Thank you Carrie.

Sorry to hear about the pain you and your family are in. Lots of love from your friends on the dis...

Thank you!!:hug:

Sending some love and prayers for your family during this tough time...:grouphug:

Thank you!!:hug:

My heart and prayers go out to you in this time of need. As others have said enjoy your time with him now. :hug:

Thank you!! I will try my best!

I don't know how I missed the new pics, they are GORGEOUS!!!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your dad, my mom has bad cancer 3 times now and it has been very difficult. (breast cancer twice, and ovarian cancer.) My prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you so much!! I wish your mom the best too! I will pray for her. She is a survivor!

:hug: I'm sure you are still in shock, but positive mental attitude is one of the most important gifts you can offer right now!

Not only is he afraid for himself, but I have had a scare of my own, and the one thing that I was most afraid of was missing out on the future of my girls.

Hope, love, laughter, and positive thinking are strengthening and healing for you all!

We are all here for you!

Thank you for the advice!

Now that I read your post I realized something else. I had an ovarian cancer scare in December, right before his doctors started testing him and I do have a chronic ovarian problem. So I think he also delayed telling me because he didn't want to stress my health even further.

I will definitely try my best to be positive for him (and myself)! Thank you!

Nikki :flower3:

Top 5 Trip Highlights

Drumroll please....

#5. Getting my veil caught in the rose bush exactly when Chris turned to see my for the first time in almost 24 hours!

caught.jpg

#4. This man walking past Sea Breeze Point during the wedding. I didn't see him, but a lot of my guests did and they loved him!

man.jpg

#3. Some of our groomsmen wearing (for hours) the tiaras we gave to their daughters as wedding favors!
tiara.jpg

#2. The songs DH's bestman started while we were on the bus to Epcot... "If You're Happy and You Know it" followed by "The Wheels on The Bus" and eventually "The Drunks on the Bus Go Round and Round". So much fun! Even my 86 year old southern belle grandmother was singing a long.

bus.jpg

#1. Hearing Shannon and Craig's (scottish/canadian's) bag pipes during our toasts! It sounded so amazing! I wanted to go see them entering the Atlantic Dance Hall, but I didn't want to interrupt the toasts.

Honorable Mentions...

DH does the best Donald Duck impersonation ever. So he tried it on some ducks and a bunch of them ran over. So of course I tried to pet them, knowing full well they would bite me and the one in the extreme closeup did! It tickled and he was soooooooo cute!

WeddingTripMay2008247.jpg

WeddingTripMay2008244.jpg

DH was getting a bad rash from wearing the top hat with Mickey ears so we switched him to this ridiculous groom baseball cap. I thought it was cute and nerdy!
WeddingTripMay2008134.jpg

Great groom hat and yes the duck's were so cute!! I better not wear a veil because that would definitely happen to me too! I am assured of some sort of mishap :goodvibes :lmao:

Oh, I LOVE hearing all about those memorable moments! How darling of your DH to wear that hat. :hug:
Can't wait to see more pix! :banana:

Top 5 Trip Highlights

#4. This man walking past Sea Breeze Point during the wedding. I didn't see him, but a lot of my guests did and they loved him!

man.jpg

:rotfl: I laughed SO hard at this!!!! It is really funny....gotta love Disney World!

:rotfl: That was the best. Nothing better than a beer gutted man walking by your wedding. Love the ducks!!!! I went to Disney in March and stayed at the poly. Most of my pictures were the ducks around our patio. I am a big duck fan especially my Donald Duck!!! Love the ducky pics!!!!

Ohhhhhhhh, I just remembered another best moment honorable mention....

While we were running around taking pics with Misty, a man said "Congrats, we're here celebrating our 37th Anniversary, we wish you the happiness we've had". Then DH replied, " Thank you and congrats to you too, we're working on 1 hour!" I almost died laughing.:rotfl2:

Just subscribing. :thumbsup2

I am considering SBP & the Attic so I can't wait for the attic pics. :goodvibes

You will love it. I have a few pics of it that I need to scan. I will try to do it this weekend. It was so beautiful and the view was wonderful. Being able to see where we had just gotten married (SBP) and where we were headed right after dinner (Epcot). I LOVED it!:lovestruc

Great groom hat and yes the duck's were so cute!! I better not wear a veil because that would definitely happen to me too! I am assured of some sort of mishap :goodvibes :lmao:

I think you could still wear a veil. It's just that mine was definitely too long for the amount of wind at Sea BREEZE Point. It was 125" from the top of my head to the end of it.
I don't regret wearing it though. I felt like a fairy princess in it!

Too funny about the duck!

I love love love ducks! They were great!

Thank you, Nikki! Dad got his surgery date (next month), and we're crossing our fingers!

That is good. I wish him the best! So does that mean that they know what he has now?

Oh, I LOVE hearing all about those memorable moments! How darling of your DH to wear that hat. :hug:
Can't wait to see more pix! :banana:

Yay, I'm glad. I think I am kind of stalling on the detailed trip report because the days before the wedding were a little stressful and then the last day of our trip was the bad news day. So once I get a grip, I will go into brief detail on the trip day by day.

:rotfl: I laughed SO hard at this!!!! It is really funny....gotta love Disney World!

:rotfl2:

:rotfl: That was the best. Nothing better than a beer gutted man walking by your wedding. Love the ducks!!!! I went to Disney in March and stayed at the poly. Most of my pictures were the ducks around our patio. I am a big duck fan especially my Donald Duck!!! Love the ducky pics!!!!

I think he was jogging and got really hot so he pulled his shirt up, but one of our guests actually followed him to get a good pic!

That is good. I wish him the best! So does that mean that they know what he has now?

The heart part, we already knew. His heart goes into a.fib very frequently (so it rushes a lot, to the point where he can't breathe). They need to burn the pathways in his heart that send the blood pumping the wrong way, so it'll start pumping the right way. We're hoping that'll fix a lot of what's wrong with him.

The heart part, we already knew. His heart goes into a.fib very frequently (so it rushes a lot, to the point where he can't breathe). They need to burn the pathways in his heart that send the blood pumping the wrong way, so it'll start pumping the right way. We're hoping that'll fix a lot of what's wrong with him.

Oh I see. I do hope the surgery is successful and that his recovery goes well. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh I see. I do hope the surgery is successful and that his recovery goes well. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks, Nikki! And I'm very glad your dad's prognosis is better than your originally thought! I'm also relieved he's going to be up front about things. It's never good to carry that alone! :hug:

Ohhhhhhhh, I just remembered another best moment honorable mention....

While we were running around taking pics with Misty, a man said "Congrats, we're here celebrating our 37th Anniversary, we wish you the happiness we've had". Then DH replied, " Thank you and congrats to you too, we're working on 1 hour!" I almost died laughing.:rotfl2:

:rotfl:
Oh Nikki... between the beer belly guy and the 1hr remark I think you just made me spit my drink... :laughing:

I'm so glad to hear that your dad's news is better than expected.
That's wonderful...

I just got caught up and love your pictures so far - your dress is so pretty!! :goodvibes

I am sorry about your father and all you are going through, but it sounds like things are looking up.

I am so glad to hear about your dad. It was a very "Parent" thing to do, waiting to tell you! :) Dad's are good like that!

You looked so pretty! I can not wait to hear more!:surfweb:

Thanks, Nikki! And I'm very glad your dad's prognosis is better than your originally thought! I'm also relieved he's going to be up front about things. It's never good to carry that alone! :hug:

Thank you!!! I am so relieved too!

:rotfl:
Oh Nikki... between the beer belly guy and the 1hr remark I think you just made me spit my drink... :laughing:

I'm so glad to hear that your dad's news is better than expected.
That's wonderful...

That's why I had to share my wedding highlights, we were cracking up all day at so many things!

Thank you Cynthia.

I just got caught up and love your pictures so far - your dress is so pretty!! :goodvibes

I am sorry about your father and all you are going through, but it sounds like things are looking up.

Thank you !

Things are looking up. I mean 5 years is still not a lot, but it's is so much better than 2-12 months! So I'll take that.

loving the trip highlights!:rotfl:

Glad to hear about your dad!:hug:

Thank you!

I can't tell you enough, how much I'm looking forward to your TR and pics! I'm already planning our vow renewal in my head! and I think Italy in Epcot would be gorgeous!

I am so glad to hear about your dad. It was a very "Parent" thing to do, waiting to tell you! :) Dad's are good like that!

You looked so pretty! I can not wait to hear more!:surfweb:

Yep, it was definitely a very "parent" thing to do and I think a very "man" thing to do! He didn't want to burden anyone and he just wanted to deal with it alone.

Thank you for the compliment! I felt like a princess!

Enjoying your trip report. I hope your dad has a full recovery. Sending you a grouphug and prayers:grouphug: your way.

Unfortunately right now, with what medical and alternative therapies have to offer for Multiple Myeloma, they don't have a cure. And the most recent 5-year survival rates with treatment are between 35%-50% depending on age, race, gender and other things. Because his is a black, 65 year old male, and potentially decades of contact with asbestos his chance of surviving 5 years is closer to the lower percentage. A super tiny percentage of patients with his profile 10 years if a miracle happens.

What he wasn't telling us was that because of the stage they thought he was in, he could have had as little as 2-12 months. But after taking an alternative med for a month (no medical treatment yet) his lab work has improved and he is in the Stage with the 5 year survival rate.

And maybe in 5 years they will have a cure! Who knows :confused3

Your pics are beautiful!

Sorry to hear about your dad:grouphug:. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter