Hoop Dee Doo reservation

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
Hi everyone! We are within 60 days of arrival of the first part of our reservation in October! So last night I was able to go online and book the Hoop Dee Doo on Saturday 10/8 at 8:30 pm! There are nine of us- four of which have never done Hoop, and two have never even been to Disney! So we are absolutely beyond excited!

Curious if anyone else might be there at the same time?

Hi everyone! We are within 60 days of arrival of the first part of our reservation in October! So last night I was able to go online and book the Hoop Dee Doo on Saturday 10/8 at 8:30 pm! There are nine of us- four of which have never done Hoop, and two have never even been to Disney! So we are absolutely beyond excited!

Glad you got your HDDR reservation, @serenitygr. I had seen a post of yours on the Dining Board recently about the difficulty you had initially getting one.

Hoop is plain ol' fashioned fun. The food is good, you get basic beer included, and a show. Tax/tip is included. All-in-all, I think it is a deal even with it being more expensive than an average WDW sit-down meal.

I'll be attempting a reservation in about 5 weeks so you'll have to give us the skinny after your show. We'll be there about a month after you.

Bama Ed

Glad you got your HDDR reservation, @serenitygr. I had seen a post of yours on the Dining Board recently about the difficulty you had initially getting one.

Hoop is plain ol' fashioned fun. The food is good, you get basic beer included, and a show. Tax/tip is included. All-in-all, I think it is a deal even with it being more expensive than an average WDW sit-down meal.

I'll be attempting a reservation in about 5 weeks so you'll have to give us the skinny after your show. We'll be there about a month after you.

Bama Ed
I can’t believe I’ll miss you by a month! Someday I will meet you! And I will definitely be posting in the October trip thread and keep everyone updated!

We went in 2019 and had a great time. It was still closed in 2021, but we're planning to go again in 2023.

Interestingly, we paid for 'middle priced' seats but ended up front row next to the musicians. They were hilarious and added to our fun at the show.

I guess we were seated there as they were 'grouping' all the food allergy folks in one area and assigned us to a special 'team' of servers who were especially well-versed in allergy protocols and needs. Plus I'm sure it made it easier for the kitchen to keep an eye on what (and how) we were being served.

Bama Ed

We are going down in a few weeks and just so happens friends of our will be there with friends of theirs at the same time and we both wanted to do the Hoop. My ADR day was first so I was tasked with getting the reservations for 10 of us and was able to do so. I booked it the 9th night of our stay.

I was really expecting not being able to get it for so many people, either because there were not 10 seats together or not being able to book that many people at once. A few years back I had split a res 7 and 7 as it would not allow me a res of 14.

We are going down in a few weeks and just so happens friends of our will be there with friends of theirs at the same time and we both wanted to do the Hoop. My ADR day was first so I was tasked with getting the reservations for 10 of us and was able to do so. I booked it the 9th night of our stay.

I was really expecting not being able to get it for so many people, either because there were not 10 seats together or not being able to book that many people at once. A few years back I had split a res 7 and 7 as it would not allow me a res of 14.

Glad you got your reservation too, Jim. That's a big group which should be a lot of fun!

If you got it at 60+9 then it confirms what I've read about Hoop reservations so far. 60+0 folks are not having much luck. The longer the Hoop is in your on-property stay (like your 60+9), the better the chances of folks getting them.

I will be attempting to book at 60+7 and there will only be six of us so I am crossing my fingers and not being picky about which time that day I can get.

Have a great trip. Say hello to @serenitygr if you folks are down there at the same time.

Ed

PS - I like getting around to say hello to fellow DIS Campers. I've said hello to @Jimsig in the past and hope to say hello to others this fall.

So glad you were able to get reservations for 10 people. We went in 2018 & had front roll table. We had a blast!! We were celebrated our 56 wedding anniversary. So glad it is back!

We went in 2019 and had a great time. It was still closed in 2021, but we're planning to go again in 2023.

Interestingly, we paid for 'middle priced' seats but ended up front row next to the musicians. They were hilarious and added to our fun at the show.

I guess we were seated there as they were 'grouping' all the food allergy folks in one area and assigned us to a special 'team' of servers who were especially well-versed in allergy protocols and needs. Plus I'm sure it made it easier for the kitchen to keep an eye on what (and how) we were being served.
I ended up next ro the piano, wonder if it is a food allergies thing. But , yea, great time, best deal. Talk up the cast members, drinks were plentiful, so it made it the best disney deal out there.

Glad you got your reservation too, Jim. That's a big group which should be a lot of fun!

If you got it at 60+9 then it confirms what I've read about Hoop reservations so far. 60+0 folks are not having much luck. The longer the Hoop is in your on-property stay (like your 60+9), the better the chances of folks getting them.

I will be attempting to book at 60+7 and there will only be six of us so I am crossing my fingers and not being picky about which time that day I can get.

Have a great trip. Say hello to @serenitygr if you folks are down there at the same time.

Ed

PS - I like getting around to say hello to fellow DIS Campers. I've said hello to @Jimsig in the past and hope to say hello to others this fall.
Unfortunately this trip is not in The Fort but other then the Hoop might go to P&J's for the GAG meal our first night.

I still have the Fort magnet you gave me on the fridge

Ed

How is 60+6 for 4 people. I would not be able to do the 830 show.

How is 60+6 for 4 people. I would not be able to do the 830 show.

The sense I get from reading all the Hoop threads on the Dining Board recently is that it might be doable if you're not dead set on a certain time or seating level. IMO most of the seating is fine (3 types of seating in Ed's world-front row [great], balcony sides [ugh], and all the rest [fine]). Even the level 2 balcony seats we had which are directly across from the stage were great and the cast came upstairs to interact with us during the show. Hope they still do that for those guests up there.

Personally I prefer in our circumstances to get the 1st show @ 4pm. The 2nd show at 615p is usually the first to sell out of levels 1 & 2. Or at least it was before they shut down.

Remember, though, that they generally assign the tables based on when booked (early bookers get best seats) although there have been plenty of exceptions to that rule. So if you get a level 1 booking at 60+6, the folks who booked 60+7 to 60+10 will be seated in front of you. Which will still be "fine".

As long as you are somewhat flexible, IMO you'll be okay. Just be up at 6am Eastern time ready to go online on your 60-day to go make the reservation.

Bama Ed

The sense I get from reading all the Hoop threads on the Dining Board recently is that it might be doable if you're not dead set on a certain time or seating level. IMO most of the seating is fine (3 types of seating in Ed's world-front row [great], balcony sides [ugh], and all the rest [fine]). Even the level 2 balcony seats we had which are directly across from the stage were great and the cast came upstairs to interact with us during the show. Hope they still do that for those guests up there.

Personally I prefer in our circumstances to get the 1st show @ 4pm. The 2nd show at 615p is usually the first to sell out of levels 1 & 2. Or at least it was before they shut down.

Remember, though, that they generally assign the tables based on when booked (early bookers get best seats) although there have been plenty of exceptions to that rule. So if you get a level 1 booking at 60+6, the folks who booked 60+7 to 60+10 will be seated in front of you. Which will still be "fine".

As long as you are somewhat flexible, IMO you'll be okay. Just be up at 6am Eastern time ready to go online on your 60-day to go make the reservation.

Bama Ed
Thanks. My priority is just going. I’d be for with balcony even and 4pm is my preference actually. I wish people staying at FW would also get some priority.

I ended up next ro the piano, wonder if it is a food allergies thing. But , yea, great time, best deal. Talk up the cast members, drinks were plentiful, so it made it the best disney deal out there.

That's what we were told by our server. That it makes it easier and safer for us if we're grouped together. I think it makes sense. All allergy food prepared and then staged in a single area with the same servers bringing it out to us.

We will be at the Fort from Oct. 5 - 12. We have reservations on Oct 7th at the 8:30 show. That is our 59th anniversary. We will be in the cabins, as we so,d our fifth wheel, and are just looking….. looking!

We will be at the Fort from Oct. 5 - 12. We have reservations on Oct 7th at the 8:30 show. That is our 59th anniversary. We will be in the cabins, as we so,d our fifth wheel, and are just looking….. looking!
59 years!! That is absolutely amazing and so wonderful!! Congratulations to both of you!! Do you remember meeting quite a few years ago? I do!
We’ll have to find each other and say hi while we are down there! Once we get an October trip report thread started, we’ll know where everyone is!

59 years!! That is absolutely amazing and so wonderful!! Congratulations to both of you!! Do you remember meeting quite a few years ago? I do!
We’ll have to find each other and say hi while we are down there! Once we get an October trip report thread started, we’ll know where everyone is!
Oops, 50 years. Typo early today.

Bama Ed
Oooh, the 4pm would be Great for us! Good to know. If I get my campsite reservations, the Hoop is a must! But alas, at this point Im more concerned with getting a campsite reservation!

Would anyone in this thread know if I can add my almost 2 year old to my reservation here? Usually I get different responses where they do not care it is just my wife and I with the plus one child. Sometimes they act frustrated when we did not select 3 but assuming since she is free we did not need to include her (also they pre charge per head) and daughter would not be charged day of. My hope is we arrive and they just add a high chair but with a place like this being packed I suddenly got nervous. I eat there next week.

EDIT_ Just found out that with a call and waiting a bit they can sometimes edit the number or just put a note. Officially they seem to prefer you book the infant for the show but also do not think if you let them know ahead of time and they can prepare for the additional one child.

Last edited:
Would anyone in this thread know if I can add my almost 2 year old to my reservation here? Usually I get different responses where they do not care it is just my wife and I with the plus one child. Sometimes they act frustrated when we did not select 3 but assuming since she is free we did not need to include her (also they pre charge per head) and daughter would not be charged day of. My hope is we arrive and they just add a high chair but with a place like this being packed I suddenly got nervous. I eat there next week.

EDIT_ Just found out that with a call and waiting a bit they can sometimes edit the number or just put a note. Officially they seem to prefer you book the infant for the show but also do not think if you let them know ahead of time and they can prepare for the additional one child.
Glad you got it resolved. I’ve read of people getting turned away at some places. It’s a fire code thing and they can’t exceed a certain number.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter