Hong Kong Disney in December

dollarmite

Mouseketeer
Hi, my family (DH, DS16 and DS12) is considering our first trip to Hong Kong in December, possibly from 21 Dec - 2 Jan 2014.

We'll definitely be visiting DL, probably for 2 days, and are considering staying at one of the Disney hotels for 2-3 nights.

Seeing as we'll be in HK over Christmas, I thought it'd be nice to stay at Disney rather than some random hotel, but I'm concerned with crowds over Christmas. Is the park even open on Christmas Day? The official website is rather useless.

I can't decided between the 2 hotels - the Disneyland Hotel looks stunning, but the Hollywood Hotel seems more "Disneyish"?

(For comparison, we've stayed at Pop Century at WDW, and loved it, much more so than what we saw of the Floridian. It looked gorgeous, but not very Disneyish).

Dates wise, I have a few choices - staying on site from
22-24 Dec (2 nights)
23-26 Dec (3 nights)
24-27 Dec (3 nights)
27-31 Dec (any 2 nights)

Any advice, particularly in regards to crowds, would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Sorry to chime in with a "me too" but I'm shocked at how little info (on this site , at least) there is on the Asian DisParks and I'd like info on both crowds and hotel selection. I completely agree that the official site is merely a shell.

We just got back from a great trip to WDW but our next Disney experience has to be at a place that is more up-to-date and HKD looks exciting in that regard.

There are a ton of "experts" on wdw and DLR so I'm sure the HK and Tokyo gurus are out there too. Looking forward to hearing from you.

:)

I'm going at the end of November, is that Christmas season for Hong Kong Disneyland? I had the same questions too...

But I have to ask if you are visiting the rest of Hong Kong, because during Christmas, they have the most amazing decorations. like. AMAZING. I saw photos from when my friend went in December... I have never seen anything like it! Probably in the "central" areas like Times Square and stuff. The whole area is themed! I'm excited to experience it.

Hi hi :) We are also heading to HKDL in December for our Christmas Holiday. We will be sightseeing around Hong Kong and Macau for a few days then we check into the Disneyland Hotel on Christmas Eve where we will stay for 3 nights :) it's so exciting now double digits :) I have seen lots of photos of HKDL and the city and it looks like they go over the top in a big way with Decorations. I can't wait my 2 loves in life other than my hubby and children are Disney and Christmas :) I hope to see you in the park be sure to give us a wave :)

HI jenshell :goodvibes Do you know if the Park will be open on Christmas Day? That would be our main reason for staying at one of the Disney hotels over Christmas itself.

The official website is so useless I don't know why they bother having it. From reading it, I think the Park is open on Christmas Day but I can't tell for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter