~~~Holiday Recipe exchange sent/received~~~.....COMPLETED!!

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
Names are going out now.

Please post here when you mail out your package and also when you receive....and tell us about it.
If you have favorite recipes you want to share with everyone, feel free to post on this thread ::yes::

Reminder: Mail date is 10-16...please get them out on time.

:yay: Let the holiday cooking begin!!

I just picked up my name, will go thru recipes tonight. I hope to mail early next week.

I'm printing out my recipes for the exchange. I actually made one of them for dinner tonight, it was really good!

Here's one of my favorites:

Easy Garden Bake

1 small zucchini, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Bisquik
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup fat-free egg product or 2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 9x5 inch (11/2 quart) loaf dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle zucchini, tomato, onion and cheese in dish.
2. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over vegetables and cheese.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

This can be made ahead of time and reheated in microwave. I’ve also made this into a western omelet type dish. Instead of zucchini and tomato, I just cube cooked ham, dice a red or green pepper. Then I layer the ham, peppers, and onions, and mix the egg mixture as above.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Great Pumpkin Cookie

Recipe By :Libby
Serving Size : 32 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies Drop
Formed

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 cups flour
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups margarine -- softened
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
16 ounces solid pack pumpkin
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Assorted icings or peanut butter.
Assorted candies, raisins and/or nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
Cream butter. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
Alternately add dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Spread into pumpkin shape using a thin spatula. Add a bit more dough to form stem.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Decorate using icing or peanut butter to affix assorted candies, raisins and nuts.
Variation: Substitute 1 cup of raisins for chocolate chips.
This makes 32 LARGE cookies.

This is the recipe that I made for dinner last night:

Country Style Rigatoni (serves 2 to 4)

¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
¼ cup thinly sliced onions
8 ounces fennel sausage, casings removed
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
2 14 ounce can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups chicken stock
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 ¼ cups grated Romano cheese
Salt
Pepper
2 tablespoons thinly slice prosciutto*
8 to 10 spears broccoli, each about 3 inches long*
12 ounces dried rigationi

*I never use the proscuitto when I make this dish. It’s expensive, and it’s also hard to find.
*I also leave out the broccoli

1. In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook it, stirring, for about 1 minute or until it is golden brown. Take care not to let the garlic burn. Add the onions and cook the mixture for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the onions are golden brown.
2. Add the sausage, basil and parsley. Break up the sausage, using a wooden spoon or a long handled fork, and cook the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sausage is browned. Add the beans, chicken stock, and butter, raise the heat to high, and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer it briskly for 5 to 8 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Stir in ¼ cup of the grated cheese and cook the sauce for about 3 minutes or until it thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the prosciutto and ½ cup of the cheese. Let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes before removing it from the heat.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot filled with boiling salted water, cook the pasta for 4 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook it for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
4. Drain the pasta well. Bring the sauce to a boil. Add the pasta and the broccoli to the sauce and mix them well. Stir in ¼ cup of grated cheese, if desired. Serve the pasta with the grated cheese passed on the side.

This is from my favorite NYC restaurant, Carmines.

How are you all doing? Anyone mailing today?

Here is what I made for dinner last night.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Turkey Chili

Recipe By :Rachael Ray
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chicken/Turkey Soup

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
2 palms chili powder
2 palms steak seasoning -- Montreal
1 palm cumin
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
hot sauce -- to taste
1 green bell pepper -- chopped
1 red bell pepper -- chopped
1 onion -- chopped
1/2 bottle beer or stock
15 ounces tomato sauce
1/4 cup hickory BBQ sauce

Brown meat.
Add seasonings.
Add vegetables. Saute 5-7 minutes.
Add liquids.
Simmer 1 hour on low.

I'm going shopping today. Hopefully mailing tomorrow!

Chocaroon cake

2 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 ¾ cups Coconut
1 package (2 layer size) chocolate cake mix*
1 package (4 serving size) chocolate instant pudding*
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
1 ¼ cups water
1/3 cup oil

Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until mixture forms stiff shiny peaks. Blend in flour and coconut; set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl. Blend; then beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour 1/3 of the batter into a greased and flour 10 inch Bundt pan. Spoon in coconut mixture and top with remaining batter. Bake at 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack. Top with glaze.

Confectioners Sugar Glaze: Gradually add 1 tablespoon (about) milk to 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar in a bowl.

*If you are using a cake mix “with pudding in the mix” you don’t need to use the instant pudding.

I was going to include this recipe, but it isn't for a fall holiday--at least around here it isn't! :rotfl:

Frozen Pops

1 package (3 oz) Gelatin (any flavor)
1 envelope unsweetened Kool Aid (any flavor)
1 cup sugar
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water

Dissolve gelatin, kool aid and sugar in boiling water. Add cold water. Pour into frozen pop molds. Freeze until firm.

Ohhh....that reminds me of one of our favorites that we just discovered this year.
Love it!!

8 serving pack of jello
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold seltzer water

Dissolve the jello in water.
Add the seltzer.
Pour into a 13 x 9" pan and freeze.
Let sit out for about 10 minutes before serving.
Scrap it out....I just use a spatula and break it up.
So good.....reminds me of shaved ice. I think the seltzer helps it not freeze as hard as I have had kool aid do.

I mailed my package on the way home from work today and when I got home I had a package! Thanks so much to our resident Fairy Godmother, aka Merryweather aka Nancy!
Nancy sent several wonderful recipes -
Award Winning Ghiradelli Brownies:worship:
Calabasitas Casserole, which looks incredible
Cherry Snowballs - hubby will love these
Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake:worship:MORE CHOCOLATE!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
Chocolate Ginger cut out cookies
Christmas Stocking Cookies
Cranberry Bread
Cranberry Salad
Damsel's Famous Gingersnaps
Holiday Morning French Toast
Italian Sausage Soup
Molasses Yeast Rolls
Orangy Sugar Cookies
Pecan Sandies - can't wait to try these!
Refrigerator Rolls
Sausage and Apple Stuffing - will use this on Turkey Day!
Stuffed Sourdough Bread with Hot Chicken Salad

and as if she didn't out do herself with all those recipes, Nancy also sent -
Set of three gingerbread cookie shaped christmas tree decorations
magnetic snowman
set of 6 fall cookie cutters
Halloween sprinkles
candy corn playing cards
2010 calendar candy cane and stocking shaped cookie cutters
toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss
nice pen
jelly
tea
CHOCOLATE!!!!!
snowman pin
Halloween pot holders
fall recipe cards
Halloween notepad
magic towel
WDW soap and shampoo:love:
spider rings
AND as if that wasn't more than enough.......
Goofy t shirt and pin:woohoo:

Thanks so much Nancy - as usual, you have spoiled your recepient! I hope my buddy likes their package as much as I love mine!{Although I have to admit, I had nowhere near as many recipes to send - hopefully this will expand my recipe library!}

:yay: so glad to hear it arrived......having "issues" with the DC numbers that USPS gave me. I mailed 4 packages ....one last Tues, 2 on Fri and one on Sat. and they are all showing as "no record". :eek: So glad that at least one has made it, gives me hope for the others.

Enjoy!! The recipes and the extras.
Happy Holidays and cooking for them.

My package is ready to be mailed. I will get to the Post Office today. Once it is mailed, I will come back and confirm.
Jen

Reminder FRIDAY is mail day!!

So far we only have 2 that have gone out and 2 set to go out today.....that's out of 19.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter