Holiday Inn - Universal studios

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
Has anyone stayed there before? Can you tell me a little about it? Thanks!

My husband and I stayed at HI Universal over New Years Eve Weekend and on a scale of
1-10 we give it an 8....

Its a clean, moderate hotel, nothing fancy but nice and clean....We expected it to be busier than it was but that made it nicer for us..Our room had a small balcony, that you probably could sit a small chair on, but we did not use it. The staff was very accomodating, and when we arrived on 12/29, the bellboy was right there to take our luggage to our room (as if he knew we were on our way)..I thought we were going to have a problem with the beds (they are double size) since my husband is 6'1 but it worked out fine..We requested a king bed, but none was available. There is a TGI friday adjacent to the hotel, which made it very convenient for breakfast in the morning...They offer a nice buffet breakfast complete with everything for about $6.99 per person...They even offer room service from the TGIF!

The hotel is also with walking distance to Universal, and we walked the first night, which seemed a little long but we were tired from a long day anyway....But the hotel does offer free shuttle to the parks, just be aware of the schedule located at the front desk....We found calling for a cab much easier than taking the bus...It was about $3.00 each way, but we were only there for 3 nights, so had we stayed longer we probably would have rented a car..

I hope this helps!

ENJOY:bounce:

Hi again

I forgot to mention the outdoor pool! Although we did not use it (the weather was too cool for us), there were some brave souls using it, mostly kids...Every morning when I looked out over the balcony we could see people out cleaning it! Nothing big or fancy, but a good size!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter