"Holding" a reservation

luvdisney00

DIS Veteran
:confused3 OK, so I have been hanging out here for weeks watching the code info and doing everything I can to get one. I had ordered the dvd about this time last year and figured it was too soon to get another one, so I ordered th DCL planning video. I changed my email on the Disney Site, requested Pkg quotes online and didn't book, called visa to ask about promotions and basically did everything I could think of and so far no code. I want to call CRO and ask, but I haven't totally convinced DH to go yet, and i don't want to book without his OK. Like if I call and they say "there's a 40% off code attached to your name" I'll be afraid if i don't jump on it, if I call back they'll say "what code???"

So my question for you experts is can I receive a quote over the phone and have them hold it in the system for me, or do I have to book then and there or start all over? And if I do book something, how much deposit and is it refundable in a certain timeframe?

This is all so confusing? TIA for any info.

My one word of advice would be know what the Disney seasons are, and what the resort you want to stay at is at full price for that season. Many people have reported the reservation CMs telling them they had a great code, and they come to find out it is rack rate. Maybe they have a few more empty rooms than what they would like, but make sure you know what is what before you call.:)

You can call Disney Travel at 407-W-DISNEY and, simply, ask if there is any code attached to your name. You can also ask that they check your husband's name. They can check it for you right then and there.

You can also get them to give you a price quote. If you think that the quote they give you is something you might actually talk your husband into taking, then get them to go ahead and book the vacation. You will have fourteen days to put down a $200.00 deposit for a package or a deposit equal to a night's stay if booking a room only reservation.

If they do not receive your payment within fourteen days, your reservation will be cancelled. If you book the reservation 45 days or less than your arrival date, you will be required to pay the full amount.

If, after you have booked the reservation and you have made the deposit, and you find a general public code out there, you just call Disney Travel back and ask them to apply the code to your existing reservation. They will make the adjustment to your reservation.

I have found a special offer after having booked our package and I just called Disney. They applied the code and I saved over $350.00!

You can call Disney Travel at 407-W-DISNEY and, simply, ask if there is any code attached to your name. You can also ask that they check your husband's name. They can check it for you right then and there.

:sad1: I just called - no code...boo hoo

But thanks for the tip - I didnt know I could do this...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter