Hilton Head, SC Disney Catalog Outlet

ReneeQ

DIS Veteran
This might be old news, but I haven't seen it here yet. Most everyone probably knows the Disney Catalog Outlet closed in Hilton Head, South Carolina a week or so ago. Technically, it's in Bluffton, SC, and was located in "Factory Outlet 2."

Well, I was at the outlet earlier today (don't get there too much, live about 45 min. away) and it was all closed up and completely empty. BUT the sign in the window said "Disney's Character Corner Coming Soon!"

I'm so excited! Isn't Character Corner one of the stores located at the Belz Outlets in Orlando? I hope it's true and I can't wait!!!!!

We have a Character Corner at Woodbury Commons in NY state. I'm sorry to say that it does not compare favorably at all to the one in Orlando. I hope your CC is much better.

I plan on stopping at the Disney Store Outlet at the Potomac Mills Outlet center in Washington DC this summer. Has anyone visited this location? I'm hoping it's worth the stop.

The Character Corner stocks theme park surplus merchandise. The Disney Store Outlet center is strictly for catalogue and DS merchandise.

Oh Well, Character Corner is better than nothing, I guess. The Disney Store in Savannah closed nearly 2 years ago, so we have NOTHING Disney nearby store-wise, except the small gift shop at the Disney Vacation Club on Hilton Head. Does anyone know if Character Corner sells Disney Dollars?

ReneeQ,
We just visited your city last week during a stay at the DVC resort at Hilton Head. We would like to return maybe next year. How is the weather in March? Where is a reasonable/centrally located place to stay in the center of town? Also have you ever taken the garden walk tour in March? Any tours not to miss and any suggestions on where to eat would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Walter,
Glad to hear you enjoyed Savannah and plan to return. March is usually a good month, weather-wise, though it can still be unusually hot or cold. March also means ST. PATRICK'S DAY, so be forewarned. If you're not up for crowds, avoid that time at all costs. If you DO want to come then, I would make reservations NOW, as it will be hard to find a hotel room last minute for St. Patrick's Day.

Recently I answered someone's questions about Mrs. Wilke's and tours and this is what I wrote:

"This is what I would suggest:

Check out Mrs. Wilkes website at www.mrswilkes.com
People will start to line up around 10:15 to 10:30 for lunch. There is no sign for this place, just look for the line. If you go around 1 PM, you could expect to wait (standing outside in a line) for around an hour. They will seat as many as they can when they open at 11, so you'll be waiting until someone finishes eating, which could be about 45 min. or more. I haven't been in years (not a place you can get in and out of quickly on my lunch hour) but I think it seats 70 or so. That's jut a guess. They are only open Mon - Friday, so don't go on the weekend!

As far as the tours:
A carriage tour will cover much less ground (the horse can only go so fast), but you will learn a good bit about what you cover.

The trolly/tram tours cover much more ground, but they just point out the landmarks.

The carriage tour might slowly go by Jim Williams house (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil) and talk a little bit about it. The trolly tour might just have time to say "there is Jim Williams house" as you whiz on by.

I would make a stop at the Visitor's Center to get some brochures on the different tours, as there are TONS. Tours can be started at the visitors center (they mostly, if not all of these, will be the trolly tours). Most of the carriage tours are from city market."

As far as staying "in town," I'm not sure what you're looking for. Most people want to stay in and see "downtown." I think there is a www.savannah.com site.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter