Hilton Head lovers....

We're visiting HHI for the first time in April. We'll probably rent bikes for the week we're there (2 adults). Two questions:

Do helmets come with the rental fee, or should we bring our own?

What about bike locks? I would imagine with all those rental bikes it's easy to come out and find your's gone?

Thanks for the help!

Lin

They have locks for the bikes, but I am not sure about adult helmets. For sure they have child size helmets.

There would only be 2 of us traveling (DH and me). Trying to decide between a studio (at the lodge) or a one bedroom. I hear the studios are really big, so don't know if it would be worth the points. Can anyone comment from experience? Thanks.:goodvibes
We've stayed in both a studio and a 1 BR, and would definitely prefer to stay in a 1 BR. As you enter the 1 BR, on one side, there's a real cute little area where there's a bench, wall hooks, and the washer and dryer are in there too. Also, I love the way the kitchen and LR are set up, it's similar to OKW. I'm glad you said the lodge. All the other studios and 1 BRs are under a GV, I think, and they're very noisy. We much prefer the lodge (on the top floor)

I think that the downside about a studio would be what to do about eating. When we are at HH we tend to eat in our villa for breakfast and some lunches, and sometimes even get some shrimp from the locals and cook it. My son and I went once and were booked for a studio and I was really worried about how I would manage for a week. I took a hot plate with me, and a couple of pots and pans. As it turned out we were upgraded to a two bedroom so I never had to worry about it.

Laurabearz - Thanks for all the great pictures!!!!!:goodvibes
They all bring back such fond memories from our August trip and we are all soooooo looking forward to our return trip in June!!!

What can we expect?

My family and I have only been to HHI in Oct and Dec. Will there be activities at the pools, fireworks, etc.? In Oct. the pools are pretty tame, so we were wondering if the activities will be kicked up a notch for Spring Break? Thanks.

Just took a look at this thread and am missing my HH. We have gone the past SIX years here in the spring, and our school district this year did a wacky calendar, and we won't be going this year. We always have a week in March (would have been last week) or one in April (would have been coming up in a few weeks). So by now I have had my annual HH fix, or been close to one. I am so sad and feeling it! We do have plans for mid-August -- don't know if I can hold out until then. . .

To all of you who have upcoming trips -- have a wonderful time (I am so jealous). Tell Chef Gordon VMB and family in CT say hi and will see him in August.

Just took a look at this thread and am missing my HH. We have gone the past SIX years here in the spring, and our school district this year did a wacky calendar, and we won't be going this year. We always have a week in March (would have been last week) or one in April (would have been coming up in a few weeks). So by now I have had my annual HH fix, or been close to one. I am so sad and feeling it! We do have plans for mid-August -- don't know if I can hold out until then. . .

To all of you who have upcoming trips -- have a wonderful time (I am so jealous). Tell Chef Gordon VMB and family in CT say hi and will see him in August.

I hate it when they mix up the school calendar!:sad1: I feel your pain!!! I'd be frustrated, too. When will you be there in August? We're there the 11th to 15th....

We will just miss you. We are checking in on August 17th. Our school calendar is never the same from year to year. It is always a battle when they are setting it. This is the first year we do not have a week in March or April (son is on HS swim team -- so we had to stay put the week we were off in February). Next year we do have the week in April, but may have to be looking at colleges then.

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with all HHI lovers that my contract just passed ROFR so now I'm offically a HHI owner. :banana: :banana: :banana:

- just really happy had to share the news. :rotfl: :love:

gingermouse - Congrats!!! You will love owning HHI and having the summer 11 month advantage!!

Just wanted everyone to know we are having a great time on our first trip to HH. We are in building 13 and like the location. Just found out tonight that we have internet conection in the master bedroom. We have participated in some of the activities here and they are great. THere is more activities for kids under 12. I think it is now time to go sit in the hot tub.

Well my family of 5 checks in at HHI in just 3 days. I am so excited. We were just there in October but have never been there in the spring. We are going to rent bikes this year and take part in some of the tennis activities at Palmetto Dunes. Can't wait for s'mores by the campfire!!!

Anyone going to HHI in the future that could grab a restaurant guide and a copy of the children's activity schedule for me and mail it? I'd be happy to pay you for the shipping along with thinking you were one of the best people in the world! :worship:

TIA

Just home from our first trip to HHI. We were in bldg 18. Weather was pretty chilly 2 days but the rest of the time was beautiful - no rain. Left yesterday and it was sunny and 80, home in Chicago now and it is gray and 40 - ugh!

We rented bikes, did some activities, took dolphin cruise and spent a whole day at the beach house.

We all loved it there and are looking forward to going back again someday.

Just home from our first trip to HHI. We were in bldg 18. Weather was pretty chilly 2 days but the rest of the time was beautiful - no rain. Left yesterday and it was sunny and 80, home in Chicago now and it is gray and 40 - ugh!

We rented bikes, did some activities, took dolphin cruise and spent a whole day at the beach house.

We all loved it there and are looking forward to going back again someday.

So happy to hear you had a great time- it really does sound wonderful- especially the 80 degree part. We are not doing all that much better here in NJ- 47 was today's high!!!! Although, we are going to HHI in August, so I am guessing we'll be missing this just a BIT then!!!:laughing:

After a 13 hour drive home we are back. I miss HH already. We were in building 13 and loved it. Had a view of the marsh and watched the birds. It was cool in beginning of week but we planned around the weather. We went over to Sea pines to the nature preserve and saw turtles and a racoon. Rented bikes and road around on the bike trails and to the beach house. We also did the making of cornbread in the open fire and nature walks ( where we saw a baby alligator). The kids did a few of the activities for the teens. They played capture the flag before we left on Friday. Spent Thursday and Friday at the pools and we all came home with a sun burn. My Dh liked it better than going to WDW and the kids also want to go back. We definately will be going back again.

After a 13 hour drive home we are back. I miss HH already. We were in building 13 and loved it. Had a view of the marsh and watched the birds. It was cool in beginning of week but we planned around the weather. We went over to Sea pines to the nature preserve and saw turtles and a racoon. Rented bikes and road around on the bike trails and to the beach house. We also did the making of cornbread in the open fire and nature walks ( where we saw a baby alligator). The kids did a few of the activities for the teens. They played capture the flag before we left on Friday. Spent Thursday and Friday at the pools and we all came home with a sun burn. My Dh liked it better than going to WDW and the kids also want to go back. We definately will be going back again.

Hi! So glad to hear you will definately be going back!!! have to ask- how was the drive, did you stop anywhere? And ...did you notice? We live so close to each other!:)

Guess I have to cancel my subscription to this thread. We went. We saw. We didn't love it. In fact, we hated it.

Terrible traffic. Poor signage. Can't get anywhere without driving, including the beach. Inconvenient internet. Bobcat trucking rock through the garage under our balcony all day every day. The only things we did that were fun were walk on the beach and take a dolphin watching tour that had nothing to do with Disney. Couldn't WAIT to leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter