high anxiety

dalt01

DIS Veteran
due to circumstances beyond my control i am staying at SSR in october. never been a fan......talk me off the ledge please ?!

1. It's still DVC.
2. If you are using points, you won't have to pay to park.
3. Getting to DS is very easy, especially from Congress Park.
4. Though not my favorite landscaping or vibe, it's still lovely overall.
5. Circumstances are beyond your control.

You could cancel if you are too worried about SSR, but I think you will make a big mistake, SSR is a great location.

Have a milk amd cookies cupcake there. You will never want to leave. It was soooo good. Best I ever had. Vanilla moist cake with choc chip cookie dough inside and cool whip pudding icing and a cookie on top. Mmmmmm

And on a serious note - I loved the resort. Great pool, good room service, great community room and activities staff. I will definitely return.

I wasn't a huge fan either. We stayed there a few years ago. Things I liked were the pools, especially the main one, and you have a nice sized porch to sit out on. It's more sized like OKW. I'm not a fan of the very shallow porches at AKL. I'd stay there again. Plus you can walk to Disney Springs.

Not a fan here either...if I booked SSR I'd waitlist something else. If you 'have' to stay there for whatever reason (people you're going with want to stay there, etc.), even "I" can find good points to the resort. Note that we haven't stayed there since 2010...but we loved the Artists' Palette counter service restaurant. The resort is close to Disney Springs if you plan to do anything there. They redid the whole Paddock Pool area--with counter service, waterslide, etc--so the resort is much nicer than when I stayed--now you don't have to have a super long walk to get to a feature pool. There is also a community hall...although somehow we never knew that when we stayed there those 2 times...

We stayed there on our fall break trip in 2017. We had never stayed and never had any interest in it. We were in the very last building closest to Disney Springs and enjoyed the short walk to DS. We were also close enough to a pool ( not the main pool though) and enjoyed it one night. We drove to several of the parks and liked the back entrance in and out of the resort. The room was fine, but just wasn't anything special. The quick service place was pretty good. I wouldn't pick this as one of my choices, but I was sure glad I was able to book about 2 months out there and would stay there again to be on property.

due to circumstances beyond my control i am staying at SSR in october. never been a fan......talk me off the ledge please ?!

Your trip is only so long. If you're out all day and most of the night, you're not really at the resort anyway. Lastly, you're still in the Disney bubble.

However, if you wanna jump off the ledge, I'll be more than happy to take that trip off your hands. It's not my 1st choice of where to stay, but a Disney vacation is better than being home and going to work, lol.

Take advantage of Disney Springs this trip. Lots of great dining over there. The boats make is easy if you aren't in Congress park.

Perhaps you could book a massage at the Senses Spa there to ease some of that anxiety? :P

I had a massage there on our last trip and it was great, plus as a DVC member you get some little bonuses like a drink and a treat. SSR also has a playground where DH and DS2 had a blast while I was at the spa. The proximity to Disney Springs is a real plus if you're a fan. Also, lots of great paths if you're a runner or walker.

Honestly? If I could reschedule, I would.

If you can't, then you need to figure out how to deal with it.

Have a car and use it. Don't rely on Disney Transportation. If you have to rely on their transportation, make sure to get on at Grandstand. It may be a long ride round the resort for the other stops, but it does guarantee that you get on the bus.

We also had some problems with housekeeping. I have no clues about how to handle that, other than to be sure to use the bar every single time you are in the room.

There are positive and negative to every resort. While SSR isn't my favorite it does have great features. Embrace the change and have a great trip!

I haven’t been to all of the DVC resorts, but SSR was really nice. I love the closeness to DS. I have been to BLT, AKV, SSR, OKW, HHI and VB. I have also stayed at the Poly and WL. All of them are fantastic. It’s DVC!

I find all the resorts nice, each has its own pluses and minuses. SSR is big but each area is pretty nice. I stayed in Congress Park for its proximity to the Springs. Nice pool, not huge.

Give it a chance and enjoy the pluses!

SSR gets bashed here regularly and I'm not really sure why. We are DVC members and that's our home resort. We've stayed there several times and at other resorts as well. Negatives? It's a long bus ride to most places except DS. If you are not at one of the first bus stops you may be standing. I know a lot of people complain about the quality of the rooms, but we've never had a big issue. Positives? You're in Disney! It's a boat ride or nice walk to DS. Most of the unit clusters have a pool, so you can find a peaceful place to sit in the sun. QS is fine for a snack. Did I say you're in Disney?

Post almost any question looking for opinions here and you'll get positive and negative responses. That's OK, we're all different so we have different feelings on the same issues. My opinion is don't put too much stock in the opinions. I have a feeling if you go with an open mind you will enjoy it, no matter where you stay. After all, you're in Disney!

We stayed at SSR recently for the first time. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the resort. I prefer a smaller resort (BLT, VGF, CCV/BRV, etc). Other than that, it was very nice. The grounds are beautiful and our 2BR unit was clean and roomy.

Anxiety and suicide metaphors over a hotel choice? Really?

Is there a level of problems higher than first world problems for things like this?

SSR gets bashed here regularly and I'm not really sure why. We are DVC members and that's our home resort. We've stayed there several times and at other resorts as well. Negatives? It's a long bus ride to most places except DS. If you are not at one of the first bus stops you may be standing. I know a lot of people complain about the quality of the rooms, but we've never had a big issue. Positives? You're in Disney! It's a boat ride or nice walk to DS. Most of the unit clusters have a pool, so you can find a peaceful place to sit in the sun. QS is fine for a snack. Did I say you're in Disney?

Post almost any question looking for opinions here and you'll get positive and negative responses. That's OK, we're all different so we have different feelings on the same issues. My opinion is don't put too much stock in the opinions. I have a feeling if you go with an open mind you will enjoy it, no matter where you stay. After all, you're in Disney!
For us, it is the total lack of timely transportation. And of course once you get on the bus, the ride seems interminable.

Yes, you are at Disney, but it takes quite a while to get to "Disney."

You are going a vacation, why sweat the small things.
Take it as part of the DVC adventure and make lemonaide out of what you are considering a lemon.
Yes, everything is small in the grand scheme of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter