"Hidden Mickeys" for DISers

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
As some of you may know, my company, The Intrepid Traveler, publishes the books of HappyDoc (a.k.a. Steven M. Barrett). Steve's new book, "Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide To Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets" will be coming out in April.

Steve ran a Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt at DIS-CON to give everyone a sneak peek at the book

CathyCanada asked me to let everyone know when we'd be able to set up something so the DIS-CON II crowd could get "Hidden Mickeys" at a special DISers' rate.

Well I've managed to cobble together a workable order page on my laptop from here in Orlando. TAH-DAH!

Steve's book won't be officially published until April and probably won't be in bookstores until March, but our warehouse just got the first shipment, so it's available to you guys now.

The regular price will be $11.95, but you can order as many copies as you wish for $6 each and we'll pick up the cost of shipping.

You might want multiple copies because Steve has arranged the book as a series of scavenger hunts and hunting for hidden Mickeys makes a fun competitive sport.

The only way to order is to go to...

http://www.theotherorlando.com/shop/hmspecial.html

This is a private page. There are no links to it from elsewhere on the site. The only way people will know about it is by reading this post. But feel free to pass this info on to fellow DISers who might not read this.

We'll probably offer this rate through January 15.

Thanks, Kelly. Just ordered two.

Great seeing you at WDW last week. :wave: And I had lunch with Steve at Prime Time, great guy!! Looking forward to seeing his book.

Kelly,
Since shipping to Canada is more how much would I have to pay?
Thanks!
CC

Cathy,

We won't charge for shipping to Canada.

However, we would probably have to ask for UK folks to chip in for shipping.

I will be ordering mine as soon as I get home - just need to figure out how many to order. What a great gift they would make!

I'm sorry I missed Steve's Hidden Mickey Hunts at WDW, so I'm off to order his book now. Thanks for the great deal.

Okay - I just ordered 4 - gifts for the kids (grown-up) to help them start new adventures on their visits to WDW! Looking forward to reading mine!

Cool!

Thanks Kelly.

Great to get to know you two at the Rose & Crown.

Bennet

Hey Bob, I'm surprised you needed to order this.

Bob was kind enough to point out hidden mickeys for me at Discon. I'm amazed that people can find this stuff. Unless someone points and says "LOOK, it's right there!" I'd never find one....

At least until I receive my copy of the book!

Yeah I got into those hidden Mickeys as well, so thanks ever so much for the great deal - I've placed my order.

It was nice meeting you at last Kelly :)

Yea, Carol, I was at it again yesterday. I was on Great Movie Ride with RaySharpton, Pinky (Dayna's husband) and SandraB. Pointed out 1 Minnie, 4 Mickey's and a Donald. I think there are more but this is all I've found and can point out.

Don't I wish I had seen this earlier....this is an awesome gift.
Just ordered one..thanks again!

Just ordered mine too!! I can't wait to receive it. Being the good Mom I am I also ordered one for my son Jaypd.

Thanks so much for the offer at such a great price!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I just ordered mine! My dh seemed to like looking for the hidden mickeys at Dis-Con, so I'm sure he'll love this book :)

Lori-you're a good Mom :)

Gary and I went on "the hunt" in Epcot with Kelly, Sally, and Steve. We had a great time! We had a "preview" of the book to follow. I ordered 3 copies of the book on the spot! Next time my youngest son and I go, he'll get one book, and I'll take another - we can compete with each other! The third book is going to a good friend.

I purchased "The Hassle Free WDW Vacation" book for my parents and they loved it! Just ordered 4 HM books and 1 will be going to my parents.

Thanks for the great offer!

The books are on the way to all you guys. Let me know what you think!

Here's a tip (Mickey Nut 50) already knows this!):

Take along a laser pointer when hunting for Hidden Mickeys. That way, the person who spots one can point it out to others in the group.

Steve had one on the hunt and it really came in handy. If memory serves, he said it only cost about $15. We're thinking of finding a way to package a laser pointer with the book, as a sort of "deluxe edition."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter