Hi and Welcome, come sign in (introductions)

sorry Carrie, can't help you here. LOL
no 12 step programs available for DA, Disney Anonymous.
We will however gladly feed your addiction with pictures, scrap layouts, and trip reports.

Really, men don't get it!! How am i supposed to scrapbook a new roof?!?!:confused3 :rotfl2:

Nope men don't get it... and if you don't have a FIL that does roofing.. it doesn't make for a good scrap page without a LOT of explaining!!! Mom, why is he in our book???

My name is Lisa, as if you didn't know, right? LOL

I live in a small town on the way to Don't Sneeze or you'll miss it, CT near Buffy. I am more likely to see turkey, deer, and on occasion the local farmer's loose cow in my yard, than a person.

My DH and I have been married over 17 years, we have a special needs DD who is 14. I work full time for the federal government and am also a Creative Memories Consultant. I got into scrapbooking over three years ago when a friend gave me a 7 x 7 CM album to use for our Disney cruise. DD LOVED it. Since she is a visual learner I immediately got hooked.

We go to Disney at least once a year, because that is one of the few places were we can vacation and feel like a typical family. MK is where my daughter said her first phrase, "I did it!" as we left MK after the day. It was truly like a Disney commercial.

My name is Shauna and I live in Sacramento, CA, with my husband of almost 5 years (anniversary this October). I'm 30 with no kids although we do have two darling baby kitties that are VERY spoiled. I work full-time in training for a grocery store chain, have a Girl Scout troop and do lots of other GS volunteer work. I'm also seriously considering becoming a CMC to help finance my addiction.

I've been scrapping for 2.5 years. I started with Creative Memories albums and tried to do that style for about 2 months before realizing that I like texture and embellishments. I just finished my first album for me (finished several for other people but none for myself), which was our 2006 family album. Like most other scrappers, I'm currently working on several more; WDW 2005, DLR 2006, Brownie Girl Scouts, Junior Girl Scouts, kitty album, 2007 family album, Wedding album AND going back to scrap all of the pictures that are lying in boxes around the house.

In addition to scrapping, I knit, sew and read voraciously - mostly science fiction and fantasy. DH and I both LOVE, LOVE, LOVE football. I even postponed our outgoing flight for our honeymoon because I didn't want to miss the Sunday games. Yes, his friends think he is lucky. :goodvibes

I am the big Disney freak in our household. DH tolerates it but doesn't love it like I do. We try to go to Disneyland at least once a year but it can be hard since we live 8 hours away. DH's family is in Florida so we are lucky that we can combine Disney trips with family trips. We still don't get out there often enough though. We are doing DLR again this December and are doing WDW and our first Disney Cruise next September.

I was born in Texas and lived there 'til I was 21. I also spent my summers in New Orleans growing up (talk about HOT and MUGGY!) so I'm a total southern girl. I would move back to Texas in a heartbeat if DH said let's go. My license plate frame even says you can take the girl out of Texas but you'll never take Texas out of the girl.

Unfortunately, I type the way I talk and I even journal the same way. I'll stop now before I bore anyone else. TFL!!!

I am more likely to see turkey, deer, and on occasion the local farmer's loose cow in my yard, than a person.

Okay i think I need to go to bed early! I read this as:

And on occasion, the local farm on the loose....

:lmao: :lmao: I did laugh pretty good though until I re-read it!!

Mine, too!!! It is the BEST movie of all time!!!

:yay: yaaay! we can be friends now :laughing:

:wave:

Hi, I am Ashley (eeek, 31 yrs. old) and I am a new SAHM (NAHM- seriously haven't been home this week!). I have a DD who is 7 and about to start the 2nd grade (this fact has yet to register with me, in my mind she is still 3) and DS who is 2 and is the family entertainment. DH has now been out of law school for a year :-)cool1: ). He was in school for the first 12 years of our relationship including 8 years of marriage. So glad he is done.

I have been scrapping for 4 years and I love it. It's my escape and creativity outlet. And I have to say I love my Cricut!

I have been to WDW 3 times now. Our most recent trip was last summer after DH took the bar exam. He kept saying that the trip was mostly for DD and I since he thought DS was too young and DH has never been to WDW. DH really didn't think that WDW was all that big of deal and didn't expect to have a great time. Boy, was he wrong!!! He fell in love :love: with WDW and we are hoping to go back either next spring or summer. Here's hopin!

Hello everyone, my name is Vickey and from reading all the other posts I would be considered the "granny". I live in beautiful East Tennessee near Knoxville. DH and I will celebrate our 32nd anniversary in October. I married my high school sweetheart and we dated for 8 years before we got married. I have two sons. One age 24 and is a senior at East Tennessee State University. My other son will be 20 in a few months and he attends a local community college. I was a SAHM for years but I now work in a dental office as insurance coordinator and work chairside when needed. I have two furbabies a golden and a pound puppy that I just inherited. DS 24 can't have a puppy at his apartment on campus, so dear ole mom comes to the rescue.:headache:

I have collected scrapbook items for years and I have quite a vast collection of goodies. I love going to workshops and try go every chance I can. I am slowly but surely getting 32 years of photographs organized.:yay: I am just doing books for special occassions now. There is no way I could ever catch up on albums at this point :eek:

I love anything Disney and I am such a kid at heart." I will never grow up".
I am trying to convince my DH we need to purchase DVC and spend our retirement years at WDW. On the plus side, it would be a great place to take our future grand kids, oh just think of the memories :)

I love coming to these boards. They have been a wealth of information for me.

My name is Shauna and I live in Sacramento, CA, with my husband of almost 5 years (anniversary this October). I'm 30 with no kids although we do have two darling baby kitties that are VERY spoiled. I work full-time in training for a grocery store chain, have a Girl Scout troop and do lots of other GS volunteer work. I'm also seriously considering becoming a CMC to help finance my addiction.

I've been scrapping for 2.5 years. I started with Creative Memories albums and tried to do that style for about 2 months before realizing that I like texture and embellishments. I just finished my first album for me (finished several for other people but none for myself), which was our 2006 family album. Like most other scrappers, I'm currently working on several more; WDW 2005, DLR 2006, Brownie Girl Scouts, Junior Girl Scouts, kitty album, 2007 family album, Wedding album AND going back to scrap all of the pictures that are lying in boxes around the house.

In addition to scrapping, I knit, sew and read voraciously - mostly science fiction and fantasy. DH and I both LOVE, LOVE, LOVE football. I even postponed our outgoing flight for our honeymoon because I didn't want to miss the Sunday games. Yes, his friends think he is lucky. :goodvibes

I am the big Disney freak in our household. DH tolerates it but doesn't love it like I do. We try to go to Disneyland at least once a year but it can be hard since we live 8 hours away. DH's family is in Florida so we are lucky that we can combine Disney trips with family trips. We still don't get out there often enough though. We are doing DLR again this December and are doing WDW and our first Disney Cruise next September.

I was born in Texas and lived there 'til I was 21. I also spent my summers in New Orleans growing up (talk about HOT and MUGGY!) so I'm a total southern girl. I would move back to Texas in a heartbeat if DH said let's go. My license plate frame even says you can take the girl out of Texas but you'll never take Texas out of the girl.

Unfortunately, I type the way I talk and I even journal the same way. I'll stop now before I bore anyone else. TFL!!!

This is so true!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :grouphug: Hugs from Texas!

I just discovered the creative community on the DIS and thought I'd say hello. I have been scrapbooking since my now DS15 was a baby. I'm a single mom and I work full time, but I love my job. I work for a major non-profit serving kids. We live in a suburb of Minneapolis, which is actually pretty nice this time of year, but I'll be singing a different tune when the snow starts to fly again (and again and again.)

My son and I are both Disney fanatics and are planning our next trip for August 2008. We are also bringing my niece (also 15) with us. I just bought a Cricut Expression, so I'm having a very good time scrapping our last Disney trip. I'm excited about these boards with people who share both my obsessions, scrapping and Disney!!!!!

Hello :wave2:

My name is Suzanne and I'm a Disney-holic. I come by it naturally - we went do WDW or DL every year from age 1.5 to age 9. Then I rediscovered it in 2000 and have been 10 times since then. DH used to love it like I did (he's the one that brought me back after all those years) but a couple years ago decided he didn't love it so much anymore, so now he'll only go every few years. Luckily he doesn't stop me from going, so I found a great new travel partner in my Dad, who freely admits he goes just for the food. We're going again in - check the ticker - something like 72 days.

I've been married five years (been together for 8) and have 3 stepdaughters - 18, 17 and 14. 18 and 14 are with us every weekend and even more in the summer. We also have a kitty, Lucky, who is totally my baby.

I've been scrapping since 2000 (wow, that's a long time - I feel like I should have so much more to show for it!) after that first trip back to Disney. I did do a pretty good job at keeping up to date until I discovered the DISboards. Since then I've spent more time swapping than scrapping, but I'm trying to get back on track.

I work long, crazy hours, so I totally depend on those 3 things for my sanity - scrapping, trips to Disney, and the DIS boards.

My name is Lisa, as if you didn't know, right? LOL

I live in a small town on the way to Don't Sneeze or you'll miss it, CT near Buffy. I am more likely to see turkey, deer, and on occasion the local farmer's loose cow in my yard, than a person.

My DH and I have been married over 17 years, we have a special needs DD who is 14. I work full time for the federal government and am also a Creative Memories Consultant. I got into scrapbooking over three years ago when a friend gave me a 7 x 7 CM album to use for our Disney cruise. DD LOVED it. Since she is a visual learner I immediately got hooked.

We go to Disney at least once a year, because that is one of the few places were we can vacation and feel like a typical family. MK is where my daughter said her first phrase, "I did it!" as we left MK after the day. It was truly like a Disney commercial.

blink not sneeze!!!! Oy what am I going to do with you????

THANKS FOR MAKING ME CRY THIS MORNING LISA - What a great story!!!
Jennifer

We go to Disney at least once a year, because that is one of the few places were we can vacation and feel like a typical family. MK is where my daughter said her first phrase, "I did it!" as we left MK after the day. It was truly like a Disney commercial.[/QUOTE]

Hmm what to say. 30yo working mom (historian) to DsD12, DD almost 3, and gestating one currently scheduled for a C-section on the 15th of October. I am getting HUGE and sleeping is getting fun and nonexistant. I love to craft and scrapbook and sew and knit and spin..... problem is I usually get obcessed with one for awhile stop the others and rotate etc. Currently ,like all of us, I have too much on my plate, but am counting the days until I can be on materity leave BEFORE the baby comes so I can do things like make her curtains and bedding etc We are switching 3 rooms as part of this whole baby thing so I have been/ will be busy. Currently live in NJ, but hoping to move sooner than later. Hmm enough info? :rolleyes1

PS DH is the Disney freak, but it is rubbing off. HE was the one who told me about the DIS and the creative community ( I rarely wonder elsewhere)

:wave: hello fellow October mommy :wave: I don't have my C-Section scheduled! I'm hoping we will do that at our next appt. Right now my Due date is 10/17, So i'm thinking the 7th or around there :)

Hi all,

My name is Cathy. I have two dds, one is 24 & moving to Atlanta on Sunday then getting married in Dec (she still hasn't found a job there and is a wreck). The other is 26 and doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up. Dh is still looking for a job after getting laid-off in April. My two fur-babies are mini-dachshunds, one that was rescued. Love them all!

I'm the director of retention programs at a college and I mostly love my job! It's always busy but I work closely with lots of students and I love that!

Scrapbooking- I started in April 06 when I made a scrapbook for my Dad's 80 bd. I was desperate for something unique. It was fun and he liked it. Plus I keep reading the scrapbooking posts on the Creative Board and I was jealous of all the fun you seemed to have here. Now I'm hooked and I keep spending more money but it's fun and relaxing. Thanks all of you enablers :lmao:

Other hobbies - reading, beading, watching home decorating and reality shows, movies, lazing with my puppies (note everything is sedentary - guess that's why I need to lose weight).

That's me in a nutshell!

:wave: hello fellow October mommy :wave: I don't have my C-Section scheduled! I'm hoping we will do that at our next appt. Right now my Due date is 10/17, So i'm thinking the 7th or around there :)

Yeah i thought it was weird we scheduled in so early in the pregnancy... but what do I know my first was an emergency section. My DD's b-day is the 17th so if all goes well we will have a 15th and 17th babies. BTW are you just feeling done lately I am!!! I know she needs to "cook" more but this pregnancy is tougher than the first!

Yeah i thought it was weird we scheduled in so early in the pregnancy... but what do I know my first was an emergency section. My DD's b-day is the 17th so if all goes well we will have a 15th and 17th babies. BTW are you just feeling done lately I am!!! I know she needs to "cook" more but this pregnancy is tougher than the first!
oh yes we have that in common! Gabriel was an emergency C too! And this pregnancy is ALOT worse! i have told my DH that I have been ready to stick my hand up there and pull him out myself!! :laughing: It's just been awful weather for being the size of a small house :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter