• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN holding area help!!!

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
This will be my first HHN. Someone posted yesterday that you have to sign up for the holding area you want to wait in. Is this correct?

Also I want to wait in the Finnegan's area. Will Finnegan's be open at that time so I can enjoy some adult beverages, before HHN?

Sorry for the stupid questions?

TIA!

No if you are in the park you just go to Finnegan's and there will be an obvious holding area and you will need to show your ticket to get into the holding area.
If you are already in Finnegan's they may just ask to see your ticket and you will be all set

No if you are in the park you just go to Finnegan's and there will be an obvious holding area and you will need to show your ticket to get into the holding area.
If you are already in Finnegan's they may just ask to see your ticket and you will be all set

Thank you, tony.

This is our first HHN as well. If we are in Diagon Alley before 5pm (which may be a holding area again like last year), will people go around ushering you out of the park when 5pm hits? If there is a holding area there, will it be obvious? Can we then go to Finnegan's if we ask someone and there isn't a holding area in Diagon Alley since we do have tickets or what do they typically have you do?

Whichever holding pen you want to go to, I highly recommend getting there before 5:00 when the park closes. There will be a lot of people with the same plan, and if you want a seat, you should try to get there early. Finnegan's used to take reservations on HHN nights, but I don't believe they do any more.

Disney Ron, what you saw about signing up was probably about the Annual Passholder Appreciation Nights. The four nights for the AP holding area requires a reservation. The non-AP holding areas do not require a reservation.

The holding area over by the Simpsons is good
Plenty of seats

Kind of depends on thr early openings if houses

AHS should be open early for those in the holding areas

The holding area for that house would be in the front of the park

This is our first HHN as well. If we are in Diagon Alley before 5pm (which may be a holding area again like last year), will people go around ushering you out of the park when 5pm hits? If there is a holding area there, will it be obvious? Can we then go to Finnegan's if we ask someone and there isn't a holding area in Diagon Alley since we do have tickets or what do they typically have you do?
Yeah it is pretty obvious - they put up a fence around the area and check your pass on the way in. If I recall correctly they also give you a wrist ban so they can get the other folks out of the area when the time comes.

It was a good area IMO - much cheaper that Finnegan's as I cant go there without having a few pints, but I think they stopped it later in the season last year because the Author was unhappy about something to do with Halloween lighting on the area. So not sure it will be back as an area this year.

The holding area over by the Simpsons is good
Plenty of seats

Kind of depends on thr early openings if houses

AHS should be open early for those in the holding areas

The holding area for that house would be in the front of the park
I was just going to post this...Springfield is much better than Finnegans due to the available seating inside and out. The AHS holding area near Hello Kitty will have a line to get into it...much like last year.

I was just going to post this...Springfield is much better than Finnegans due to the available seating inside and out. The AHS holding area near Hello Kitty will have a line to get into it...much like last year.

Metro and mac, then I guess maybe I'll go to the Simpsons area. I don't care as long as I can have a couple of beers while waiting for HHN to start. I also have to meet my daughter as she enters HHN at opening.

Metro, I believe you'll be there on 10/1 correct? If so I'd love to meet you and mac.

Whichever holding pen you want to go to, I highly recommend getting there before 5:00 when the park closes. There will be a lot of people with the same plan, and if you want a seat, you should try to get there early. Finnegan's used to take reservations on HHN nights, but I don't believe they do any more.

Disney Ron, what you saw about signing up was probably about the Annual Passholder Appreciation Nights. The four nights for the AP holding area requires a reservation. The non-AP holding areas do not require a reservation.

I believe you are right. Thanks for the reply, imprint.

Metro and mac, then I guess maybe I'll go to the Simpsons area. I don't care as long as I can have a couple of beers while waiting for HHN to start. I also have to meet my daughter as she enters HHN at opening.

Metro, I believe you'll be there on 10/1 correct? If so I'd love to meet you and mac.
Yes...planning on being there 10/1 and Springfield is a much better area. You can buy food and beverages throughout the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter