Hey! July 30th, 2005 cruise to Mexico DISfriends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Lucy, if you've been to Universal it's basically the same attractions. I haven't been there for about 5 years but that was my impression then.

I agree with 2 days to see DL.

I've stayed at the GC and it was a very nice hotel. You will love it!

We booked the July 30th sailing to Mexico also. It will be me, my dh and our 4 kids who will be almost 16(b), 12(b), 7(g) and 2yrs(g). My parents will also be joining us.

We took our first Disney Cruise on the Wonder a couple weeks ago and had a blast!! We signed up for the 7 day because we didn't want to miss the opportunity to sail out of CA (our "home"). We have taken a couple cruises to Mexico (one with kids and one without) and dh and I took an anniversay cruise to Alaska a couple years ago. It will be nice to get the Disney twist. What I love most about Disney compared to other ships is the sail away parties (sail aways on other cruise lines are always so uneventful).

I'm originally from Southern CA and went to Disneyland 3-4 times a year growing up. When my boys were little, we lived about 10 minutes away from Disneyland. We had annual passes and as a SAHM, the boys and I would "just hang out" there. We have since moved to Las Vegas, NV. We still make regular trips to CA to visit all our family (including my parents) and the occational Disneyland visit.

I don't know if we will squeeze Disneyland in at the time of the cruise. I'm thinking of finding a time to go to Disneyland off-season (Feb or March) as a sampler and a way to kick start the excitement for the cruise.

Here is an on-line photo album of our last Disney Vacation.

www.garrabrant.com/disney

We'll be keeping in touch as we countdown the days till our next Disney Cruise Vacation!!

Lara

Welcome Lara! I dig your website...very well put together and great pics!!! My DH actually grew up in Anaheim, he went Loara High School. We too used to get annual passes and hang out at Dland. Now we live about an hour away and we don't go as much (twice a year) but plan to go a few more times before our cruise. We have two boys who will be 7 and 3 then. Your 7yo girl will probably be in my DS7 group in the club....did your kids like the clubs? How about your older two? We're also planning on doing DCL in 2006 as a family reunion and we'll have kids from 4-17 and wondered how well that will go over. Some family members want to do RCCL.

We just can't wait until next summer!

Lisa

Welcome Lara!!

I am bringing a few teen DDs so there will be someone for everyone! So.....tell us about your Mexican cruises, did you stop at the same ports??

Wish me luck all....first day of school tomorrow (I am a 4th grade teacher.)

JoAnn

School just started and I'm dreaming of a cruise.
The "wallpaper" on my computer at work is a picture of
the Magic. It gets me thru, day by day. I work at Kutztown
University and this is only our 3rd day and i'm counting the
days till summer vacation. Let's all keep in touch!

Let's hope for storm-free sailing next summer!!!!

Hello All!

We'll be sailing with you next July. It will be our third Disney Cruise. We were on the Wonder 11-14 September 2003 and the Magic 3-10 July 2004. Our DS and DD who will be 6 and 4 respectively at the time of sailing will be with us. Our friends are also joining us. They have 3 DS's ages 6, 5 and 2. We've booked a Cat 6 and our friends have booked 2 Cat 8's that connect on Deck 7. We're planning on a trip to Disneyland first. We'll be at the Grand Californian 27-30 July. We live in Virginia. We're confirmed for the first seating for dinner but we're considering changing to the second seating since the kids will probably do better eating before the early show and then going to the kids club so the adults can enjoy a quiet dinner. We're very excited. I look forward to getting to know all of you during the coming year.

Kathy

Welcome Kathy!

Our group is shaping up nicely! We are scheduled for second seating. I find it more relaxing especially when coming back from ports.

Still looking for Western Mexican excursion info.......anyone sail these ports?? (Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas or Puerto Vallarta??)

You can go to the RCCL website and you can check out their excursions (they sail to the same ports on a regular basis). DCL's are likely to be similar. My TA said DCL excursion info may be available in Nov or the start of next year.

Lisa

are we getting excited or what.
DH went and booked our flights yesterday, but then we
heard about U.S.Air, so back on the internet he went and
cancelled that flight and got one with Delta - prices are NOT too bad from Phila. to LAX (they were better with U.S.Air!).

What about USAir? When are you leaving and returning? I still have to book flights.

US Air is either filing for BK or has filed for BK (bankruptcy), not sure which. They're in financial trouble. Either way, probably not a good idea to book tickets with them, especially with a trip that far in advance.

Lisa:(

Wow! That is who I was planning on flying with! I'll have to check it out.....

Ok, supposedly my parents have joined the disboards....let's see if they post to this thread (they're sailing with us!)

:bounce:
Hi folks.... We're Albill..... Jlawall parents.... We plan to visit San Fran for couple days prior to arriving on board.... look forward to meeting you all:cool:

:) :) I wonder ... has JoAnn explained that she was found on our front door steps..... that we will not accept any blame for her
unusual behavior...!! :) :) :) :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter