Hey, I wanna be healthy! (Pictures of winter formal :))

Twinkles6892

<font color=blue>Mourning Nomar with Mom...<font c
This is an appropriately titled journal due to the fact that I want to loose weight so I can do just that WHATEVER THE HECK I WANT! And not have to worry about what people are thinking/if I can physically do it!! :goodvibes

May 9

Breakfast was my usual slim fast shake, 3 points

Lunch was my usual slim fast bar, 4 points

After school I mosied on down to McDonalds, earning my self 2 extra points, and had a 3 point fruit and yogurt parfait.

Dinner, I dunno, sesamee chicken or shrimp lomein, which ever one has less points :flower:

Hi Megan!! Welcome to journaling! Best of luck on your journey. Let me know if you need anything. Have a great day. :sunny:

PS Reading others journals helps a lot. Are you doing WW?

I'm sort of doing WW and Curves from my house. I've been to weight watchers numerous times before so I have the handy-dandy booklets and the calculator points thing. And I made a CD that beeps every 30 seconds to change exercises. So far so good :goodvibes

Sounds awesome. What is CURVES (like machines or weight program? I know it's like a gym!)?

Curves is basically this place with a circle of machines and boards, you jog for 30 seconds, and then do a resistance machine for 30 seconds for a half hour, it's circuit training, and works really really well!

WELCOME to the WISH journals, Megan! :wave:

You will get some great support here. Going down to McD's and grabbing a healthy snack is great control! It is perfectly fine to have a snack after school as long as it is healthy and portion controlled.

I will check in on you again. Have a great evening! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

This is Twinkles6892

This morning I ate my usual slimfast, slim fast for lunch today too, but I ate again when I came home :( Sigh.....when am I going to stop doing this?!

Twinks...take a deep breath. Count to ten. If you're hungry when you come home, you're either really hungry or not getting enough at lunch. Those shakes may be yummy, but don't sound too filling. Go for a healthy lunch. Maybe a sandwich or salad, maybe something brought from home. You know how many points are in each one, then. As for the eating after school, I'm like that too. Portion out some good and healthy snacks so you know exactly how much of what was in each. I'm gonna stress HEALTHY because if you're hungry, your body's probably BEGGING for healthy foods. How much water are you drinking? You could be thirsty too.

I had a not-so-good day, too. Don't feel too bad. How's the Curves thing coming along? Sounds like a plan.

All in all, Twinks, focus on the positives. Stop the slide, "one day at a time, no guilt, move on".

I know you can do this!!!!!! Let's go Megan! :cheer2: You can do this! :cheer2: WISHer strength and power :cheer2: Support if you're down :cheer2: You can do this! :cheer2: We'll lose those pounds! Go Megan!!!

Have an AWESOME day, alrighty? Finish strong, Twinx!

:goodvibes Thanks, I'm off to the basement of exercise right now. I wasn't going to go, but with all that cheering, how can I not!?

Good. See? You're finishing strong. I don't know about other WISHerwomen, but I'm here to motivate, inspire, cheer and every-once-in-a-while keep you moving and grooving and losing!!

Do you have goals set along your path? I do!! 10 lbs: new CD, 15lbs: one of those Nailtini cocktail nail colors that cost $12 for one (Mai Tai, coral), 20 lbs: books from amazon.com, 25 lbs: bubble bath, shower gel, scented candle and scrubbie (best products available, baby!!), 30: new wardrobe!!! 30 is my ultimate goal! If I hit 40, though, my room gets redecorated.

Make goals. They keep you on the straight and narrow and make it something you really want so you work for it!

Goals sounds like fun! Well, hmm, lets see

10 - New belt from AE
15 - Perfume from Victoria Secret
20 - (I dunno if mom and I'd 100 dollar deal is still in place) Girls weekend of non stop 24 (Oh yeah baby :cool1: )
30 - Sign from pb teen
40 - New comforter set for my bed
50 - New wardrobe
I think that 150 would be great, but my doctor thinks that 120 would be about my ideal weight

And into the 60's 70's 80's and 90's? Thee will probably be even more new clothes and most definately a bikini in there somewhere :rotfl:

You are doing an AWESOME job Megan. :cool1:

I agree with Tigercheer. The snack after school is not a bad thing, it's what you are eating and how much that makes the difference. After all, you guys probably eat lunch fairly early and then it can be a long time til supper. Also, she is right about trying to get in healthy meals rather than completely replacing them with shakes. The healthy meal will carry you further towards your goal in the long run and allow you to maintain and not gain everything back. You have to look at it as a lifestyle change. Remember, baby steps, but you will get there. Have you read Jay McGraw's (Dr. Phil's son) book that is a weight loss challenge for teens? Might be worth looking into. I know his writing is geared for teens so should be easy to get into (not as dry maybe).

I love your reward goals. Mine are set for 5 lb increments and I have not figured them all out yet. It makes losing more fun!

You have a good attitude about trying to get to the 150's as your goal. Sure your doc may think that there is a better weight, but the way I see it, once you get to 150, it is not much further to the point that you feel you can maintain at and feel comfortable with. I am going to 150, after that I might see if I can do 135-140. If so great, if not then I will still be much happier and healthier than I am now.

Keep up the good work and positive attitude! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Today I tried eating some more, had my shake for breakfast, bar and yogurt for lunch. After school I went to McDonalds and got 3 parfaits, one for today, one for thursday, and one for friday, as my after school treat. Because I love them, and at $.99 and 3 points, why not :teeth:

Hi Twinkie! Your meals sound better. My perfume preference from Victorias Secret is Love Spell. One of my friends got me hooked on it! The parfaits sound good. I still encourage you to eat a little more, though. Carbs make my tummy grumble around 9:30, an hour after school starts. Add an eggy [egg](depending on how many eggies 1 or 2 points for each eggy) or some PB toast (5), (two pieces of bread, 1 tbsp. PB for both.)

:cheer2: Cheers!
We, the Wishers, will show you how its done,
Cause we, the Wishers xx are number 1!
Megan and Tiger, are watchin' what they eat
They ex-er-cise to an awesome Curves beat!
Watch the pounds slide on down
TOM, look out, you're in our town
Let's be strong, with our WISH friends
Weight, look out. This is where you end...
Go WISHers! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Keep on rockin' Megan! :grouphug:

I love the cheers! I :love: cheers!!!! Haha, there shall have to be many more cheers :teeth:

---
See, I have lunch at 10:15, so my eating schedule is a little bit off. On the weekends I find myself eating lunch/breakfast at the same time. But no matter, this seems to be working fairly well. Maybe if I can get my sorry butt out of bed earlier I might be able to make a real breakfast :rotfl:

A good breakfast is important in losing weight. It helps to speed your metabolism back up after having had no food since the night before. Here's an idea for you that takes a little preparation, but will allow you a quick breakfast when your in a hurry. Make your own breakfast burritos.

I scramble some eggs and cook them. Then put the equivalent of one egg or less on a tortilla (use whole wheat for lower calories) and a sprinkle of cheese, fold both sides of the tortilla over the egg and put it on a non stick skillet to melt the cheese a little. Hint: I put a little cheese where the tortilla overlaps and put that side down on the grill first so it seals everything shut. They are really quick and easy to make. The best part is you can make them on a weekend and stick them in the freezer after they have cooled a little from being in the skillet. When you want breakfast, just take one out, pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds (varies w/ all microwaves) and you are good to go for a quick meal. The best part is, you can add things that are good for you like onions for flavor and you know they are better than the ones at McD's because they are made fresh and have far less salt.

The parfaits are a great after school snack! Good job at trying to get in some more healthy foods for lunch. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Today was good :goodvibes

Off to therapy at 3:30, that's always good, so yeah, lets hope friday the 13th isn't unlucky! :rotfl:

Well friday the 13th turned out to be a bad weigh in day, I gained 2 pounds, but I had an awesome night and watched what I ate. So hopefully next week will be better. I've gotten several comments on how loose my pants are getting, gotta keep up with those squats :goodvibes

Sorry about your WI. Friday the 13th was very unlucky for you. Lovin' your positive attitude!

I've gotten tons of comments on the fact that I look smaller this weekend. My friend said that I don't notice it because it's been gradual. But hey, if other people see it :banana:

Breakfast, I have no idea
Lunch, Probably out somewhere
Dinner, No clue

woohooo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter