Hertz car rental recent experiences?

WDWOswald

DIS Veteran
I booked a full size for next month through a Priceline express deal and received Hertz as our rental company. I know it would have been better to book directly to take advantage of the "skip the counter" options, but we are easily saving $120+ by using Priceline instead of something like Alamo through Costco travel or a direct booking with Dollar express. As far as I can tell, Hertz will not allow you to skip the counter if you book through a third party, even if you are gold member.

I'm very concerned though, that Hertz could have a 2-3 hour line, that they will run out of cars, etc. etc. Is it going to be a nightmare, or have things gotten better with rentals?

I booked a full size for next month through a Priceline express deal and received Hertz as our rental company. I know it would have been better to book directly to take advantage of the "skip the counter" options, but we are easily saving $120+ by using Priceline instead of something like Alamo through Costco travel or a direct booking with Dollar express. As far as I can tell, Hertz will not allow you to skip the counter if you book through a third party, even if you are gold member.

I'm very concerned though, that Hertz could have a 2-3 hour line, that they will run out of cars, etc. etc. Is it going to be a nightmare, or have things gotten better with rentals?
We recently were at MCO and had Travelocity car booking through Budget. The line was insanely long, easily 1 hr or more. We cancelled our reservation and walked over to Avis counter who had no one in line and for a large SUV for cheaper than what we paid on Travelocity. Skipping the line is definitely worth it at MCO IMO, especially for $120. Our July reservation, if we book direct through Hertz gold, the price is almost $1000 more expensive than Travelocity. Not sure if that's worth it. I'd take $120 in a heartbeat though to avoid the lines at MCO.

Why do you want to torture yourself with a list of things that might (and won't) go wrong?

Well, I've been through this before. It's trauma and the body keeps score :rotfl2:
Hertz does't have 2-3 hour line at MCO if you belong to their loyalty program. I've linked my loyalty number every time I've rented through Costco or Priceline. Your car will be waiting for you.

Hertz does't have 2-3 hour line at MCO if you belong to their loyalty program. I've linked my loyalty number every time I've rented through Costco or Priceline. Your car will be waiting for you.
I booked through autoeurope and went directly to the garage. No problem as long as you sign up with Hertz

Everytime I've walked by the Hertz counter at MCO for the last three years it's been a ghost town. Budget has always had horrible lines but never Hertz. Last time I was there I believe there was a sign that said all Gold Plus members go out to the garage and deal with the hut rather than the desk inside.

Everytime I've walked by the Hertz counter at MCO for the last three years it's been a ghost town. Budget has always had horrible lines but never Hertz. Last time I was there I believe there was a sign that said all Gold Plus members go out to the garage and deal with the hut rather than the desk inside.
That’s excellent news!

Are you worried about Covid time like problems? Those have settled out. Major car rental companies have their fleets back and the personnel to run their operations.

I once tripped on my way to the parking deck to get my Hertz rental. I now have lockjaw and night vision. That never happened when I rented from Budget. It's Budget for me from now on!

Are you worried about Covid time like problems? Those have settled out. Major car rental companies have their fleets back and the personnel to run their operations.
This was January 2023 when we waited almost two hours in line and when we walked to the garage we were told they had no cars.

Is that true for most US locations or just some? When I rented at PHL last summer, there weren't too many choices on the lot.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter