Here now- things to bring and trip notes

clansac

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I have gotten many great tips here so I wanted to share some updated things we have learned and general thoughts.

Thanks to a tip here, we got Beyond Charcuterie delivered today and it was amazing. Find her on Instagram and order!

Bring your masks and wear them. Most people have been great indoors and in the lobby areas but I hate seeing cast members having to remind/beg/ask people.

Things to bring that we have found really helpful:

Reusable water bottles or cups (we have Starbucks insulated ones)
A small soft sided cooler for taking drinks to the beach and pool with ice
Extra Ziploc bags for packing snacks and ice
The normal beach stuff etc.

Specific to DVC or suites-
10-12 cup coffee filters. There are prepacked Joffery's in the room but we brought our own coffee..there are no filters anywhere for purchase close by.
Salt and pepper- fatal error. Last time we grabbed little packets from Ulu but they don't have them out now. There is none to buy at Aulani or ABC!
Throw in some paper plates, if you have room. So you don't have to wash dishes as often.

Note- the ice maker in our fridge doesn't work. We aren't sure if it is off or broken. But you can get ice on every floor for your freezer.

Any updates on the grills? Are they still off limits? Of all the closures or lack of services this really grinds my gears

Last edited:
Hi Clansac! Would you be willing to do a speed test on the in-room Wi-Fi? My boyfriend and I are thinking about a last minute trip, but he has a couple of work commitments that he’ll need reliable high seed Wi-Fi for. You can go to the website “speedof.me” to run the speed test and then upload a screenshot or just post the upload and download speed results. Thanks so much!!

Any updates on the grills? Are they still off limits? Of all the closures or lack of services this really grinds my gears
Grills are still closed. I don't think they have staff to clean them in between each use. They are pretty obsessively cleaning everything else after use.

Hi Clansac! Would you be willing to do a speed test on the in-room Wi-Fi? My boyfriend and I are thinking about a last minute trip, but he has a couple of work commitments that he’ll need reliable high seed Wi-Fi for. You can go to the website “speedof.me” to run the speed test and then upload a screenshot or just post the upload and download speed results. Thanks so much!!
Here you go! It was good enough for me to work on my Chromebook, but only editing documents. I haven't tried to video call.

Thanks for the info..we head there in a couple of weeks…

what do people do when they head to the beaches on the island..do they bring them from the resort or bring beach towels from home.

Thanks for the info..we head there in a couple of weeks…

what do people do when they head to the beaches on the island..do they bring them from the resort or bring beach towels from home.
They provide towels for swimming in the beach on site, but I wouldn't go carrying them off to random beaches elsewhere on the island. If you're going to other beaches, I'd bring your own or even buy a cheap one (or a nicer souvenir one) on the island.

They provide towels for swimming in the beach on site, but I wouldn't go carrying them off to random beaches elsewhere on the island. If you're going to other beaches, I'd bring your own or even buy a cheap one (or a nicer souvenir one) on the island.
Agree--the ABC stores usually have a good selection, and they aren't expensive. They also make nice souvenirs!

Agree--the ABC stores usually have a good selection, and they aren't expensive. They also make nice souvenirs!
We made a Costco run on the way to the resort. They had lots of big beach towels for even cheaper than ABC. We used Aulani towels at the beach and took them over to paradise cove as well. But if you want big beach ones, either bring them or buy them here.

Grills are still closed. I don't think they have staff to clean them in between each use. They are pretty obsessively cleaning everything else after use.
I’m just going to buy a Traeger at Costco put it on my balcony use the crap out of it and return on my way to airport. Adapt and overcome! Also going to drink a bunch of PBRs at the pool and steal ketchup packets and napkins and sell them to @CaptainAmerica MIL
PS that is a joke BTW I would never break the rules

I’m just going to buy a Traeger at Costco put it on my balcony use the crap out of it and return on my way to airport. Adapt and overcome! Also going to drink a bunch of PBRs at the pool and steal ketchup packets and napkins and sell them to @CaptainAmerica MIL
That old bird is giving me a giant pile of cash for Christmas, so we will only speak glowingly of her around these parts, please and thank you.

Hi all! I have gotten many great tips here so I wanted to share some updated things we have learned and general thoughts.

Thanks to a tip here, we got Beyond Charcuterie delivered today and it was amazing. Find her on Instagram and order!

Bring your masks and wear them. Most people have been great indoors and in the lobby areas but I hate seeing cast members having to remind/beg/ask people.

Things to bring that we have found really helpful:

Reusable water bottles or cups (we have Starbucks insulated ones)
A small soft sided cooler for taking drinks to the beach and pool with ice
Extra Ziploc bags for packing snacks and ice
The normal beach stuff etc.

Specific to DVC or suites-
10-12 cup coffee filters. There are prepacked Joffery's in the room but we brought our own coffee..there are no filters anywhere for purchase close by.
Salt and pepper- fatal error. Last time we grabbed little packets from Ulu but they don't have them out now. There is none to buy at Aulani or ABC!
Throw in some paper plates, if you have room. So you don't have to wash dishes as often.

Note- the ice maker in our fridge doesn't work. We aren't sure if it is off or broken. But you can get ice on every floor for your freezer.
Thank you so much for the info

Btw- you can't steal ketchup packets. We tried to steal salt and pepper packets and they are all behind the counter and rationed. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter