Here now - short reviews on what we've done, weather and crowds...

tommygirl79

DIS Veteran
Here now: Any questions?

Surprise went great yesterday! They were truly surprised! DD10 had to run upstairs to scream afterwards and DD8 started crying!

We had originally planned to drive to about Valdosta, GA Friday night but the girls were sleeping so well in the van and we felt pretty good that we ended up just driving straight though. DH and I just kept switching between driving and sleeping. We stopped in Ocala to eat some breakfast at Cracker Barrel beforehand.

Our room at CBR was ready for us when we got here! So, we were able to move right in and go make a quick stop at walmart. Then we ate lunch at the Old Port Royale (shared 3 meals between the 5 of us easily) and got our refillable mugs.

Headed to MK in the evening - boy it was crowded for the holiday weekend. We were going to do Winnie the Pooh first but it was a 70 minute wait so we headed over to IASW first. 30 minute wait but it broke down for about 2 minutes and a bunch of people got out of line so we moved up quickly. Headed over to Philharmagic. Planned originally to stay for MSEP and Wishes but we were just too tired from driving - and TOO COLD. So we headed to Chef Mickey's for supper and enjoyed watching all 3 girls with the characters. After that we took the monorail to Epcot and took the bus back to CBR.

This morning we had 8:05 ressies for PSB and once again it was super fun! The princesses we had were Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella and Snow White! Ariel came and got DD2 to walk with her for the Princess Processional and she and DD8 had a blast doing that!!

Finished the middle of the day with Soarin', Living with the Land, Nemo ride, Crush, Figment, Captain EO and I headed to Germany to grab snacks with DD2 while DH, DD10 and DD8 rode Mission Space.

Now we are back at CBR for DD2 to take a nap and Dh and other girls to swim for a bit.

Weather: Typical January FL weather - FREEZING this morning (38 when we got to Epcot and 68 and super sunny now). The rest of the week is supposed to be great weatherwise!

Tonight we are heading back to Epcot to use the Test Track and Soarin' fastpasses we have, eat supper at La Cantina...and then decide whether or not to stick it out for Illuminations tonight since it might be chilly again and we have plenty of other nights still to do it...

Crowds: Like I said, last night MK was crazy (just like touring plans said it would be) and that is keeping us from attempting to go last night. We have been over Christmas, Easter and July 3rd. It's not as busy as that, but it's still way busier than the usual January crowds, but we expect for it to start slowing down tomorrow a bit and get better as the week goes on.

Heading to AK for EMH tomorrow morning, all day there with a 4:45 ressie at Yak and Yeti before hopefully heading over to MK to see Wishes and MSEP tomorrow night. Planning on a full day!

Hope everyone is doing well!

38 when you got to Epcot? Yuck.

Still beat the -2 that felt like -14 when I took the trash out this morning.

We've been in the same parks, same days. Too cold for Wishes? We're all from Indiana... :)

Yeah - I don't think we had done a little too much warmer FL dreaming to enjoy sitting in the cold the first night. ;)

Tonight was super fun at MK - Ate at Columbia Harbour House, rode Splash Mtn, HM, CoP, and Buzz, caught part of wishes. Then we did some shopping on Main Street and headed back.

Crowds were still up a bit but seemed more manageable for some reason.

Weather tonight seemed a bit more bearable and we are excited about the warm up that they say will continue tomorrow for our AK day.

Geez. I hope the weather improves!! Sounds awesome, tho. What's your opinion on the Main Street renno?

tommygirl79, I have to ask how your girls liked Mission Space. It looked awesome to me on the Disney video, but when I read about the spinning and pinned to your seat part, I am having doubts. Do they enjoy it?

I love hearing about everyone's trip, but it sure does make mine seem a looong way away!

ncneighbor

FYI some of the crowd may be from the 3 v 3 soccer tournament going on this weekend. It is the "World Cup" for 6-18 year olds. It would cause the days to be lighter than the nights when they are no longer playing. Hope you guys are having a blast! :thumbsup2

What are you wearing? We will be there next Monday. I had originally packed long sleeves for everyone, but am having my doubts now. Do you need light gloves for evenings/mornings? TIA!

What are you wearing? We will be there next Monday. I had originally packed long sleeves for everyone, but am having my doubts now. Do you need light gloves for evenings/mornings? TIA!

We just got back from a long weekend at WDW. It was a little colder than average temps, so keep that in mind, plus I am very cold-natured. I wore long pants, long sleeved shirt, sweatshirt and added coat/hat/gloves at night and in the morning.

I saw some people in just hoodies or sweatshirts, but I would have been cold. It was sunny but windy. I think this may depend a little on where you're from. Keep in mind that you are outside a LOT at some of the parks, so you really need to be dressed appropriately (AK is really cold!!).

If the forecast highs were in the mid to upper-70s, I might add a tank top or T-shirt layer under the sweatshirt. You can always take it off if you get hot. But I would probably not just pack t-shirts, shorts, and a sweatshirt unless you are REALLY tolerant of cooler weather.

Thanks for the update! We are headed there next Tuesday and I'm interested to hear if the crowds level off and if the weather warms up.

The forecast looks pleasant - 70's for highs and 50's for lows. We typically pack the whole range from swimwear to rain jackets to parkas for January. But, the forecast makes me optimistic that we'll get by with shorts and t-shirts most days with some jeans and fleece jackets in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter