• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I am the trip planner and do multiple yearly trips so my “friends” list that I manage is lengthy. The last time I tried for a BG it took too long to go through and pick the 6 traveling with me. Any suggestions on how to move the current friends traveling to the top of the list? That might increase my chances I hope!
You don’t have to select anyone. Those on your list who have a park pass for the day will be automatically selected. If you stop to select/unselect or even read anything, you won’t get a BG. Just make sure ahead of time that everyone is linked on your account and showing in your list. Then day of just push join, join, join as fast as you possibly can.

Are any of the folks at the "top" of your MDE? Can multiple people try for a boarding group?

If you can get 2 boarding groups amongst the 6 of you Guest Services can probably help.

Otherwise, maybe it's time to clean out your MDE and add some friends back later?
None at the top. Working on getting everyone to try. I agree that it’s time to clean house!

Thank you! We were there from 12/28 - 1/2 and I honestly didn’t think it was that bad. But the reports the past couple of weeks have been brutal. We go back in two weeks.
I feel ya. Christmas Day at MK was a dream. Everything was a 20 minute wait, low to no crowds. The rest of our trip was pretty mild as well crowd-wise. I think blackout days play a large role.

I've been keeping an eye on spring break wait times and they seem lower than President's Day weekend for the most part. Just hope that continues as spring break season is winding down and I worry WDW will again pull back resources.

For people who have visited recently, how do you tour that first hour or so of rope drop at Magic Kingdom? We aren't coaster people, so the draw of SDMT, BTMM and Space aren't there. Are we safe to start touring counter clockwise (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, HM etc)?

For people who have visited recently, how do you tour that first hour or so of rope drop at Magic Kingdom? We aren't coaster people, so the draw of SDMT, BTMM and Space aren't there. Are we safe to start touring counter clockwise (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, HM etc)?

jungle Cruise and Pirates are both good choices to start. HM seems to move pretty well for much of the day, so if you’re interested in Peter Pan that might be a good third ride.

Jungle Cruise and Pirate first, the lines builds quickly. We also did Small World and Peter Pan first a seperate day for the same reason.

Coming off the HM and seeing 4-5 CMs in uniform talk about the party they went to last weekend is a buzz kill for the ride and overall aesthetic. There just seems to be less acts of kindness or professionalism that evaporate with each passing trip.
YUP!
I pray that training and retraining will occur soon. Disney was, until Covid, the standard maker for professionalism in the hospitality industry.

If you have no more than 4 in your party? Just hit "join" and don't worry about who gets added to your boarding group. If you get a boarding group, immediately go to Guest Services when you enter the park and tell them which people you forgot to click. As long as they have a park reservation (as in a park reservation before 7 AM), they should be able to add them to your boarding group.

Parties between 1 and 4 people will be given their own row due to COVID restrictions. This happened to me in October and in January where a person wasn't "clicked" and Guest Services was very kind about it.

I haven't had to do it, but if you add 5 or more people to a boarding group and miss someone, they should be able to help there as well since each row seats 4 people.
Just wanted to add that you don't need to go to guest services and waste your valuable park time if for whatever reason it doesn't add everyone.

This happened to us a few weeks ago and we just told the guy when they scanned our bands when it was our turn to enter the line.

Late Nights: There were usually a few headliner attractions that didn't relent much (Slinky, Test Track, Splash, FOP) but overall you could do so much in those final few hours in a minimal amount of time. Another tip for FOP is that I think the best window if you can't get early in the morning is to do it around 5-6ish before the other attractions close (Safari, Walking Trails, etc). We got in line at 7:45 for FOP and still had a 70 minute wait as it seemed like everyone else around the park had nothing else to do and decided to close down the park doing FOP.
Thank you for these great tips!

YUP!
I pray that training and retraining will occur soon. Disney was, until Covid, the standard maker for professionalism in the hospitality industry.
Back in 2019 I remember Pete explaining how CMs used to be trained for days in ‘Traditions’. Can’t rembere exactly but they either removed it or cut it down to a couple hours.
It was a big gripe for Pete. Of course. Not only is WDW a leader in hospitality but the whole ‘on stage’ thing is a huge part of the atmosphere. And why people pay 💰 to go.

Here now. Background, solo 64 years old woman.

4/11/21 4 am - 9 pm.
Up bright and early at 4am for drive from Athens, GA, stopped 3 times - drive through McDonalds for breakfast, rest stop for potty and gas. Dark for 2 hours, then construction on 75 in Macon, then foggy, then started to rain. At Florida border all heck broke out, the skys opened up, wind rain, lightening and thunder all the way through to WDW. At times it was so bad traffic was slowed down to 35. Took longer to get here but arrived at Dolphin a little after 1 and room was ready. Unpacked, grabbed rain gear and walked to Epcot. Was in Epcot by 2:30. I had planned on eating most of meals from F&G booths but knew they wouldn't be open in the thunder storm so booked an ADR for Chefs France for 4:20 before I left my room. Meanwhile, I was hungry since all I had eaten all day was an Egg McMuffin and some cheese and crackers so I went to the Festival Center. Got the spring onion soup and a cider flight. Huge bowl of soup which I could only eat half of but it was good. Walked around WS toward Mexico and landed in Norway. Frozen was posted a 10 min. wait, not my favorite ride but I had time to kill so got in line. It was a walk on. Walked around WS stopping in shops, it was not very crowded at all because it was still pouring. Checked into Chefs around 4:10 and was seated around 4:15. Ordered baked Feta salad, glass of white wine and Ratatouille. Chefs is not one of favorite restaurants but it was one of 3 I could get in WS for that early (England and Canada being the other two). The service was good and the food was good, I was half way through my Ratatouille and getting pretty full when a little girl one table over dropped her drink and shattered her glass. A piece of glass went flying in front of my face, skipped off my plate and landed on the floor the table next to me, which was empty. I took another bite and noticed something shining on my plated. I couldn't tell if it was a sliver of glass or a large salt crystal so I called the waiter over and told him I was done. Of course, he wanted to know why and I explained I just wasn't sure what it was and didn't want to risk it and I was full any way. The manager came over and offered another plate, which I didn't want and offered to comp. the Ratatouille. I told him it was not necessary I really was full. They comped it anyway, which was nice. So, I left France and wandered over to the Land, my favorite ride. 5 min. posted wait, walk on. Went to Soarin after that, 20 min. posted wait, 10 min. It had stopped raining by this point. Went to the Seas with Nemo, 10 min. posted wait, walk on. Went to visit my friend Figment after that, walk on. Next Space Ship Earth, posted 10 min wait, walk on. Walked to Test Track, posted 20 min. wait and it was. I decided what the heck, I love the Land when all the lights are on at night so went and rode it again. Walk on. Over to Soarin again, because why not, again posted 10 min., walk on. I was done by then, noticed all but 2 of the booths were closed as I was leaving around 9 pm. Walked back to the Dolphin and pretty much died.

Monday, 4/12

Up and at the bus stop for AK around 8:05. Bus arrived right when I got there, waited about 5 min. for anyone else no one, no one at Swan. Arrived at AK around 8:35. Walked to Safari, 20 min. posted wait and it was. Great safari, all the animals were real active, two young male elephants sparing, lions out, cheeta jumped into a tree. Walked over to Jungle Trek and walked through that, again animals active, both tigers were out and walking around. I wanted to make sure I got into Nomad Lounge so walked over to Gorilla Falls and wandered through there, little devil gorillas were all playful, 7 year old boy sat on his 2 year old sisters head. Stopped and watched the monkeys as I wandered over to Pandora and sat and waited to Nomad Lounge to open up. Sat for about 1/2 hour, but got my sliders and Singapore Sling so was happy. Left there and walked to Dinosaur, 20 min. posted wait and it was that. Everest was posted 20 min. so I decided what the heck, I don't really like that ride but why not. Posted 20 and it was. FoP was posted 40 so I figured why not, again not a fan, it makes me sick. It was actually closer to 50 and the worst line for people so far. There was a family behind me with younger kids who kept coming up and bumping me. After the third time an older teenager in the family pushed them all back and stood in front of them, worked for about 10 min. Mom and Dad did nothing. After that Navi was posted 20 and I needed to cleanse my pallet of the kids on FoP so got in line for that. It was 20 min. posted wait. The boat in front of us got stuck and a woman in the front row of my boat stood up and pushed them off with her foot, I'm sure she wasn't supposed to but no telling how long we would have had to wait had she not. I was tired of AK by then so hopped over to MK. Day went downhill. Haunted Mansion was posted 20 min. so I went over there. It was 20 min and was great as usual. Peter Pan was posted 30 min. so went over there. There was a group of about 6 in front of me who didn't really care of social distancing which made it hard for me to stop on the right line. Then a family behind me had never heard of social distancing. Their kids came up right beside me a couple of times and Dad stood right behind me as well. If that wasn't bad enough, dude sneezed and didn't have his chin covered up, had folded his mask up over it earlier. So, that happened, I turned around and pushed my sun glasses down on my nose and gave them the mom look. They stayed away after that but seriously, the damage was done. The wait was 50 of the worst min. I've ever had (posted 30). Jungle Cruise was posted 40 so I figured why not, most people were good about the marks but the father and adult son in front of me didn't get that both of them were supposed to stand on them, son would stand a few feet behind Dad so again I had trouble figuring out which line I was supposed to stand on. It was a 40 min. wait. After that I was hungry so hopped to Epcot. Stopped at booths and had grilled veggies, honey chicken flat bread and a honey ale. Walked around some, stopped in China and had strawberry papa cakes, was tired and full so walked toward the exit, stopped in Japan and got a Frushi because even though I was full I love those things. Then I was done, it was around 8:30, my feet and hips were hurting so I came back to the room.

Yesterday, mask compliance was good at Epcot and the social distancing in lines was great.
Today, I saw a lot of masks below the nose, a lot totally off people in lines and saw a number of people who were told to pull them up over their noses, who as soon as the cast member walked on they pulled them back down. Social distancing in lines was a joke at both AK and MK. No lines at all at any of F&G booths but I was there latish around 7 tonight.

Monday, 4/12

Up and at the bus stop for AK around 8:05. Bus arrived right when I got there, waited about 5 min. for anyone else no one, no one at Swan. Arrived at AK around 8:35. Walked to Safari, 20 min. posted wait and it was. Great safari, all the animals were real active, two young male elephants sparing, lions out, cheeta jumped into a tree. Walked over to Jungle Trek and walked through that, again animals active, both tigers were out and walking around. I wanted to make sure I got into Nomad Lounge so walked over to Gorilla Falls and wandered through there, little devil gorillas were all playful, 7 year old boy sat on his 2 year old sisters head. Stopped and watched the monkeys as I wandered over to Pandora and sat and waited to Nomad Lounge to open up. Sat for about 1/2 hour, but got my sliders and Singapore Sling so was happy. Left there and walked to Dinosaur, 20 min. posted wait and it was that. Everest was posted 20 min. so I decided what the heck, I don't really like that ride but why not. Posted 20 and it was. FoP was posted 40 so I figured why not, again not a fan, it makes me sick. It was actually closer to 50 and the worst line for people so far. There was a family behind me with younger kids who kept coming up and bumping me. After the third time an older teenager in the family pushed them all back and stood in front of them, worked for about 10 min. Mom and Dad did nothing. After that Navi was posted 20 and I needed to cleanse my pallet of the kids on FoP so got in line for that. It was 20 min. posted wait. The boat in front of us got stuck and a woman in the front row of my boat stood up and pushed them off with her foot, I'm sure she wasn't supposed to but no telling how long we would have had to wait had she not. I was tired of AK by then so hopped over to MK. Day went downhill. Haunted Mansion was posted 20 min. so I went over there. It was 20 min and was great as usual. Peter Pan was posted 30 min. so went over there. There was a group of about 6 in front of me who didn't really care of social distancing which made it hard for me to stop on the right line. Then a family behind me had never heard of social distancing. Their kids came up right beside me a couple of times and Dad stood right behind me as well. If that wasn't bad enough, dude sneezed and didn't have his chin covered up, had folded his mask up over it earlier. So, that happened, I turned around and pushed my sun glasses down on my nose and gave them the mom look. They stayed away after that but seriously, the damage was done. The wait was 50 of the worst min. I've ever had (posted 30). Jungle Cruise was posted 40 so I figured why not, most people were good about the marks but the father and adult son in front of me didn't get that both of them were supposed to stand on them, son would stand a few feet behind Dad so again I had trouble figuring out which line I was supposed to stand on. It was a 40 min. wait. After that I was hungry so hopped to Epcot. Stopped at booths and had grilled veggies, honey chicken flat bread and a honey ale. Walked around some, stopped in China and had strawberry papa cakes, was tired and full so walked toward the exit, stopped in Japan and got a Frushi because even though I was full I love those things. Then I was done, it was around 8:30, my feet and hips were hurting so I came back to the room.

Yesterday, mask compliance was good at Epcot and the social distancing in lines was great.
Today, I saw a lot of masks below the nose, a lot totally off people in lines and saw a number of people who were told to pull them up over their noses, who as soon as the cast member walked on they pulled them back down. Social distancing in lines was a joke at both AK and MK. No lines at all at any of F&G booths but I was there latish around 7 tonight.

Thank you for taking the time with the updates, we arrive Friday so I'm happy to hear how it's going.

Sorry that people are purposely disregarding the rules. Some people are just so selfish.

How is the Dolphin? When we were there last month, we had a hard time with people not understanding that you don't share an elevator with other families.

Monday, 4/12

We always stood on whatever line kept us a minimum of six feet from the party in front of us, and if the people behind us didn’t do the same after a few backwards glances we would politely ask them to. Awful that so many people are ignoring the safety rules. Glad you are having a good time.

We arrive on the 16th and currently it looks like it's supposed to rain/thunderstorm most every day we are there. I see today was also stormy. I live in OK and when we have a weather forecast that says 70% chance of rain that means it's going to rain all day. Is this how Florida forecasts work? Should I expect it to rain ALL day? or will it be a storm and then done?

Suggestion: buy some of the cheap ponchos (disposable) from Walmart or grocer that are folded very small. About $2. So much cheaper than waiting until it is raining at the park to make a purchase. If you expect rain, wear waterproof/ resistant shoes. Walking around in rain is not something most of us do nowadays. Amazing how wet you can get.

I am the trip planner and do multiple yearly trips so my “friends” list that I manage is lengthy. The last time I tried for a BG it took too long to go through and pick the 6 traveling with me. Any suggestions on how to move the current friends traveling to the top of the list? That might increase my chances I hope!

I read that if you open the app, then go to your friends and family list so that it is 'cached' on your phone then things move quicker when you're going for boarding group. I've tried two practices this way and both worked! (I'm just going by faith that all the right people will get added later ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter