Just curious, what makes you say that?
Because of the number of times we got trapped in the bottlenecks and when exiting rides. I felt safe entering the rides, but not when exiting. The hub was very crowded. Also, when a cavalcade came, people just crowded in. There were several times that the hand sanitizer stations were empty. We had our own, but there were times when I was trying to get to it, my mask would slip and I would have to adjust it before I could sanitize. After being so cautious all of these months, I just feel a bit nervous.

I got so much information from this thread before we left for our trip that I want to give back and relate our experiences.

Friday, Dec 4th: AK - We got to the Jamaica bus stop at 6:15am for 8am open and were the only ones there. Two more families arrived around 6:30am before the first bus came at 6:45. Bus only went to Jamaica and Aruba before heading to AK. We walked directly through temp check and security with no line. I snapped a picture of the tree outside the park at 6:10 on our way to the tapstiles where we were held until about 6:20 (we were about 3rd group in our line). Walked right to FOP with about a 5 to 10 minute wait. After that we rode Navi with no wait, Dino with no wait , Everest with about a 5 minute wait and safari with a 10 minute wait. I snapped a picture of a giraffe at 8:09am.

Saturday, Dec 5th: DHS - Took an Uber to Speedway at 7:45am for 10am open. Walked briskly to DHS and were about 5th family there. Were walked to temp check around 8:45 and held there until about 9:10 before being let into the park. We were on the first train at MMRR, then went directly to Slinky and waited about 20 to 25 minutes. After that we went to Smugglers Run for about a 15 minute wait. By the time we did those three rides, it was around 11am and the wait times were higher than we wanted to wait and the crowds were higher than we liked, so we left around 11am. We came back in the evening and walked on Aliens and only waited for about 15 minutes for MMRR.

Sunday, Dec 6th: MK - Took an Uber to CR at 6:15am for an 8am open, held at temp check until around 6:50 am and let through the tapstiles around 7:15am. Walked to Big Thunder and was really disappointed to learn that neither BT nor SpM would be opening early, nor would they let us line up that early. We were going to walk back to Fantasyland, but decided that we would already be way behind the 8-ball, so we just stayed by BT. Luckily, all the people coming up after us just started a line behind us, so when they finally let us into the que at around 7:40, we were still first in line. They let us onto the ride about 7:50. Walked onto Pirates, had about a 15 minute wait for JC, walked on HM, had about a 15 minute wait for SW and walked onto the Speedway around 10:15. By 1pm the park was too crowded for our comfort so we left and came back in the evening. Waits decreased dramatically around 7 pm and walked on or waited small waits for a bunch of rides.

Monday, Dec 7th: Epcot - Took skyliner to DHS, took boat to BC, and then walked to IG. Were about 6 groups back at 10am for 12pm open. They let us in around 11:15 and we fast walked to Norway. We went to the left out of the tapstiles (towards Canada) but the bulk of the crowd went to the right. We were the first to make it to Norway and were the first on Frozen. We stayed in WS and waited until after 3:30 to go to FW and had short waits for all the rides except TT, which we skipped until after dinner and then waited around 25 minutes for (which is still pretty good).

Tuesday, Dec 8th: AK - Did the same as above, but bus was 15 minutes later went to all stops at CBR, so missed RD, but still only waited around 20 minutes for FOP, walked on Navi and had small waits at other rides.

Wednesday, Dec 9th: MK - Decided to take bus this time so was on bus stop by 6:15am for 8am open and driver was to MK by 6:45. The guard at the gate wouldn't let our bus park because it was too early, so we had to wait until 7am to park. We were immediately let through temp check and held at tapstiles until around 7:15. We learned from last time and went to Mine Train which was open so rode that and then walked on to PP and then on to BTRR. Much less crowded day, but the evening was more crowded than on Sunday.

Thursday, Dec 10th: Epcot - Same as above with same results

Friday, Dec 11th: DHS - DH got BG 1. We decided to take skyliner this time and were first in line at station at 7:00am for 9am open. We were let on the skyliner at 7:45 and then led to temp check behind all the walkers, so were about 10 groups back in our line and behind about 35 or 40 groups back in total. After about 15 minutes in line they started letting the people off the skyliner into a brand new line at a different tent, which we thought was pretty unfair. I feel like if you are going to have a separate line for the skyliners, than the first people off the skyliner should get to line up there and not have the people who are there 20 minutes later get to be first in line. Anyway, we rode MMRR, RNR, and TOT before heading to ROTR at 9:15. Waits were small all morning and we rode ST with 10 min wait and RNR with 15 minute wait after. We came back in the evening and waits continued to be reasonable for all rides. We rode MMRR two more times at park close with little to no wait.

Sorry this is so long but we used multiple transportation methods so wanted to give you all that info. The best tip I have it to get to RD early and go immediately to one of the big headliners because the other rides may not be open, stay until the waits or crowds are out of your comfort zone and then leave. Come back in the evening because the waits are way shorter.

I will answer any questions you may have.
When you went left to Canada through the IG, did you continue around the lake and through the Mexico side to get to Frozen? Seems like that would take longer in my brain (probably why everyone else went right!)

When you went left to Canada through the IG, did you continue around the lake and through the Mexico side to get to Frozen? Seems like that would take longer in my brain (probably why everyone else went right!)
Yes, we did this both days and were first in line for Frozen both times. We are 50 years old and walked briskly but did not run, although we saw people going to the right running and we still beat them. Not by a lot, but definitely by a couple of minutes.

I think it's a little faster but not by much.
If you look at the map IG and Norway are both on the lower half of the circle.

Because of the number of times we got trapped in the bottlenecks and when exiting rides. I felt safe entering the rides, but not when exiting. The hub was very crowded. Also, when a cavalcade came, people just crowded in. There were several times that the hand sanitizer stations were empty. We had our own, but there were times when I was trying to get to it, my mask would slip and I would have to adjust it before I could sanitize. After being so cautious all of these months, I just feel a bit nervous.
I am not an epidemiologist by any means, but from what I have heard and read, your risk of getting the virus through brief (less than 10-15 min) contact with an individual is pretty low. Waking through a crowded outdoor area (where everyone is masked) briefly does not seem necessarily high risk. Nothing is 100% safe of course. I am so sorry you are feeling anxious though. That anxiety is understandable during these times we are in, Disney trip or not.

From following along here, my assumption going in is that we should anticipate being in bottlenecked areas from time to time. Disney can only do so much to control things outside of lines for attractions.

I am not an epidemiologist by any means, but from what I have heard and read. your risk of getting the virus through brief (less than 10-15 min) contact with an individual is pretty low. Waking through a crowded outdoor area (where everyone is masked) briefly does not seem necessarily high risk. Nothing is 100% safe of course. I am so sorry you are feeling anxious though. That anxiety is understandable during these times we are in, Disney trip or not.

From following along here, my assumption going in is that we should anticipate being in bottlenecked areas from time to time. Disney can only do so much to control things outside of lines for attractions.

Do they still have the test seats out to try right now? There are a few rides I’m nervous about fitting in and am really hoping to try before I wait in line. But I do understand those would be high touch points.

I also forgot to mention that we saw a lot of over-inflated wait times, especially in the last hour or so before closing. We walked on Soarin that showed a 35 minute wait, waited about 25 minutes for TT that showed a 50 minute wait, walked on the Land with a posted 20 minute wait and there were many more.

Yes, we did this both days and were first in line for Frozen both times. We are 50 years old and walked briskly but did not run, although we saw people going to the right running and we still beat them. Not by a lot, but definitely by a couple of minutes.

I did the same thing this past Tuesday and was first on Frozen. After leaving Frozen, headed to Test Track and waited 10 min tops! The park was still pretty empty.

You have more of a chance of getting Covid at your local grocery store than you do at Disney. They have done a great job. You have to be close in the vicinity of someone with Covid for 15 mins to get it from them. Most of the time you are outside which even lowers the chance. Wash your hands and wear your masks and you are fine.

I am not an epidemiologist by any means, but from what I have heard and read. your risk of getting the virus through brief (less than 10-15 min) contact with an individual is pretty low. Waking through a crowded outdoor area (where everyone is masked) briefly does not seem necessarily high risk. Nothing is 100% safe of course. I am so sorry you are feeling anxious though. That anxiety is understandable during these times we are in, Disney trip or not.

You have more of a chance of getting Covid at your local grocery store than you do at Disney. They have done a great job. You have to be close in the vicinity of someone with Covid for 15 mins to get it from them. Most of the time you are outside which even lowers the chance. Wash your hands and wear your masks and you are fine.

About a month ago, new research was released showing you only need 15mn exposure over 24 hours. It doesn’t have to be all at once.

Went to Epcot last Saturday. Mask compliance was pretty good. Did witness CM ignore people walking and eating, though I also saw it corrected.

CM accomdated our request to not be front to back with another party on Livin with the Land. Nemo we skipped a car between us and party in front of us but the group behind us took the car adjacent to ours. There were empty cars all over the place so this was very frustrating and made us anxious. Why did those people even want to be that close to us? We’re in a pandemic people, stay away please!

The singers inside Worldplace do not wear masks, and it is way too loud. Also, since food is served, there are tons of people without masks on. We didn’t stay long since those are unsafe conditions. I don’t understand why Disney opened up a bunch of food booths inside (again) and why the entertainment wasn’t held outside or at least somewhere without a bunch of unmasked people.

Shows at the America theater were spaced well. Singers are sans mask, so not exactly safe but better than Joyful as at least its outside. We sat on a bench all the way at the back, behind the wheelchair access benches- that’s the way to go if you want to maximize your distance. We were allowed to stay between shows. After we watched a second Voices performance they did make an announcement to clear the theater, I think because the next scheduled show wasn’t for awhile.

Jammitors play in Canada. Benches have been replaced by circles to stand on, which was an awful decision. Benches make it easier to keep people six feet apart. The circles are literally about six feet apart, so groups with more than two people were not six feet apart. After all the standing spaces were filled by the cm, they didn’t say anything to people who edged in between groups at the back and made up their own non-distanced spots. We watched from across the street on a bench for a few mn as I anticipated it getting too crowded, but after the standing space filled people were walking by within inches of us constantly so we ended up leaving.

There were too many people let in. It was extremely difficult to maintain six foot distance in every direction while walking around the showcase.

Hello Everyone,

We have a trip scheduled from 12/18 to 12/25, two adults and three teens. We have been very cautious with regards to COVID, ie haven't eaten in a restaurant since March, kids doing school from home, wearing masks, etc. We are hopeful for a fun yet safe trip, coming from Wisconsin. We are DVC members, staying at AKL Kidani and BWV, renting a car. We are planning on dining outdoors for almost all of our meals. We have been to Disney many times, so we don't have to do everything, but just want to get the good Disney feels! We have never been here at Christmas time.

The information posted here has been very helpful as I have been planning our trip, thank you! I have a few more questions for anyone that might have advice for me.

To those of you who have been to Savi's workshop, did you feel that the spacing among guests was safe?

Any strong recommendations for outdoor dining? We have ADR at Olivia's and Trattoria al Forno, hoping for outdoor seating. Is it difficult to get an outdoor seat at Nomad Lounge, or Primo Piatti?

We have ADR at California Grill and Kona Cafe. For those of you who have been here during the pandemic, is the seating between separate parties a good distance?

Thank you in advance!

Kona on 11.30 was my first indoor dining experience since March! Felt incredibly safe. The tables were spaced out very well.

We found most outdoor dining through QS or Disney Springs

Hello Everyone,

We have a trip scheduled from 12/18 to 12/25, two adults and three teens. We have been very cautious with regards to COVID, ie haven't eaten in a restaurant since March, kids doing school from home, wearing masks, etc. We are hopeful for a fun yet safe trip, coming from Wisconsin. We are DVC members, staying at AKL Kidani and BWV, renting a car. We are planning on dining outdoors for almost all of our meals. We have been to Disney many times, so we don't have to do everything, but just want to get the good Disney feels! We have never been here at Christmas time.

The information posted here has been very helpful as I have been planning our trip, thank you! I have a few more questions for anyone that might have advice for me.

To those of you who have been to Savi's workshop, did you feel that the spacing among guests was safe?

Any strong recommendations for outdoor dining? We have ADR at Olivia's and Trattoria al Forno, hoping for outdoor seating. Is it difficult to get an outdoor seat at Nomad Lounge, or Primo Piatti?

We have ADR at California Grill and Kona Cafe. For those of you who have been here during the pandemic, is the seating between separate parties a good distance?

Thank you in advance!
We had breakfast at Kona yesterday, Felt very safe. The Poly is otherwise closed right now, so it is eerily quiet in there. They do a temperature check on you upon arrival and the tables are distanced appropriately. Enjoy!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance!
We also don’t do indoor dining at home, and found that basically every restaurant at Disney Springs has outdoor seating. We ate at Raglan Road, Wine Bar George, the Boarhouse, and STK but saw patio seating at paddlefish, Morimoto, the Edison, Frontera, Delixe burger, Cityworks, polite pig, etc.

My recommendation for Nomad lounge would be to get there early when they open, as a wait builds quickly. They have a waitlist you can join if you miss the first wave of seating.

If Trattoria al Forno isn’t seating outdoors (they weren’t when we last visited, perhaps due to staffing), you can order off their menu at Abracadabar next door and sit outside.

We dined at CA grill (one of only a few indoor meals) and the tables were well spaced. The high ceilings and open space also felt good. We did keep our masks on when we weren’t actively eating/drinking.

Thank you in advance!

We took the skyliner from DHS to Primo at the Riviera. We wanted to check out the resort, and try Primo. There are tables outside and seating all around, so no worries. We both got the grilled chicken sandwich and it was fantastic. It had great bread, and the fries were really good. Wife got the side salad, and it was a decent salad. We will return

We also don’t do indoor dining at home, and found that basically every restaurant at Disney Springs has outdoor seating. We ate at Raglan Road, Wine Bar George, the Boarhouse, and STK but saw patio seating at paddlefish, Morimoto, the Edison, Frontera, Delixe burger, Cityworks, polite pig, etc.

My recommendation for Nomad lounge would be to get there early when they open, as a wait builds quickly. They have a waitlist you can join if you miss the first wave of seating.

If Trattoria al Forno isn’t seating outdoors (they weren’t when we last visited, perhaps due to staffing), you can order off their menu at Abracadabar next door and sit outside.

We dined at CA grill (one of only a few indoor meals) and the tables were well spaced. The high ceilings and open space also felt good. We did keep our masks on when we weren’t actively eating/drinking.
Boarhouse!

I love Boar and roast pork belly

I honestly don't remember if I posted in this thread or not but we were there Thanksgiving week. I felt safe but at times did feel the bottleneck or some people not paying attention in lines. Overall wasn't bad. We ate at Rainforest Cafe (AK), BOG, Rose & Crown, 50's PT, and CRT. Those 5 equal the times I have been in restaurants since March here at home. I enjoyed the tables being spaced out and not bumping into anyone for sure! We flew from Detroit to Orlando and also used a private Mears transfer for a day at Seaworld. I can say we have confirmation of no COVID infections. The ironic part - while I was gone, someone came into our office and infected some of the attorneys and staff, one being the attorney I work with, so I dodged it there as I worked from home even when I returned .

Just in case anyone wants the lay of the land for driving to DHS for RD...

On our first DHS day, we walked from the Boardwalk.

For our second day, 9am opening on a Sunday, we arrived at the toll booth at 7:55am and were the 3rd car back.
They let cars in starting at 8:05am.

We were through the tapstiles at 8:15am.

We were definitely a little ways back in the crowd as there were many Skyliner people who were in before us drivers, but, I have to say, I don't think it made that big a difference. We didn't have to stand around waiting for the temperature tents to open, we breezed right through.

As with walking in on a previous day, we did 2 popular rides (SDD and MFSR) with little wait and then all the wait times were about what they were for the rest of the day.

We did open to close and TOT was the only nightmare situation, with a 91 minute wait at the end of the night. They were only running 2 elevators and the wait was really long all day long. We tried waiting until the last hour and got in line at 6:15pm but the capacity was just two low and it took the full 90-minute posted wait time.

We were able to do every single attraction other than Lightning McQueen and Disney Jr., including riding SDD 3 times, TSM 4 times, and MMRR 2 times.

Just in case anyone wants the lay of the land for driving to DHS for RD...

On our first DHS day, we walked from the Boardwalk.

For our second day, 9am opening on a Sunday, we arrived at the toll booth at 7:55am and were the 3rd car back.
They let cars in starting at 8:05am.

We were through the tapstiles at 8:15am.

We were definitely a little ways back in the crowd as there were many Skyliner people who were in before us drivers, but, I have to say, I don't think it made that big a difference. We didn't have to stand around waiting for the temperature tents to open, we breezed right through.

As with walking in on a previous day, we did 2 popular rides (SDD and MFSR) with little wait and then all the wait times were about what they were for the rest of the day.

We did open to close and TOT was the only nightmare situation, with a 91 minute wait at the end of the night. They were only running 2 elevators and the wait was really long all day long. We tried waiting until the last hour and got in line at 6:15pm but the capacity was just two low and it took the full 90-minute posted wait time.

We were able to do every single attraction other than Lightning McQueen and Disney Jr., including riding SDD 3 times, TSM 4 times, and MMRR 2 times.

Is the Pizza restaurant open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter