Everyone's reports over the last week have really been encouraging to me. This is my favorite thread right now, stalking reports daily :). We are a large group, no concerns about wearing our masks everywhere (all vaccinated adults, and one of my DD's just recovered from Covid). I would LOVE to see the crowds are lower and lines are shorter like you are reporting.

We get there Oct 4th and I'm only concerned the 50th may bump crowds....but maybe it will slow down after the weekend since the 1st is on a Friday? The Lines app is showing numbers under 5 across all parks, so I'm crossing my fingers....
I truly believe everything is so low BECAUSE everyone is waiting until after October 1 to go so they can take part in the festivities. I personally know 8 families who are heading to Disney World in October. 3 of them TYPICALLY do their annual trip in September but wanted to wait this year. I don’t say this to dash hopes but realistically, it will probably be very crowded until mid-January.

If the crowds/lines stay low, it won't matter if genie is introduced. If people buy it, it's just wasted $ to save a couple of minutes in line.

My worst fears are coming true that this will all change during or right before our trip (though I did hear another rumor that only the rides like Seven dwarves the pay to play ones would be only operating before October 1st).
The

We went to MK today. It was nice crowd wise, getting more crowded as the day went on & it’s pretty hot also. But there’s one thing I noticed that I’m fairly upset about. The Mickey rice crispy treats. They are HALF the size width wise. Of course they are the same price but for a skinny rice crispy treat. I don’t want a rice crispy treat that’s been on a diet. I mean I’ve been quiet about all the other things Disney has taken from us and the rise in cost. But my Mickey rice crispy treat is my line in the sand! I’m putting my foot down. I will now only buy half as many! 😜

We went to MK today. It was nice crowd wise, getting more crowded as the day went on & it’s pretty hot also. But there’s one thing I noticed that I’m fairly upset about. The Mickey rice crispy treats. They are HALF the size width wise. Of course they are the same price but for a skinny rice crispy treat. I don’t want a rice crispy treat that’s been on a diet. I mean I’ve been quiet about all the other things Disney has taken from us and the rise in cost. But my Mickey rice crispy treat is my line in the sand! I’m putting my foot down. I will now only buy half as many! 😜
Not just those. We are having a BBQ this weekend and DH bought some chips from the store. I opened
one bag and it was less than HALF FULL. The rest was air. Same price as usual.:rolleyes:

Wow, we were there last week and things were quiet, this week sounds even better…I’m jealous!
Yes, me too! We were there the 23rd (got in 11 pm, 4th dme stop and left for UOR Friday the 27th. We were supposed to arrive e at noon on the 22nd but storms in NY/NJ messed us up. We had low waits but TT was still 30ish minutes and FEA was 40. That was actual and posted. We waited half hour for FOP then it was posted10 🙄. Mine train was never under 40 and Junglr Cruise too🤷‍♀️. We walked on the Safari and had the most amazing one. We went to AK the 24th. Walked in at 9. Did Navi, FOP, the safari and the gorilla trail. Pretzel and beer stop as well. We headed out at 1130 to catch an uber for a Chef Mickey’s adr. Not bad in 2 1/2 hours. We had a long safari due to animals too. We did epcot that night, strictly food and wine. We had long lines in France. Some booths were long and some were pretty quick. Had my grey goose sushi. Yum! So we lost 2 days at the beginning, had a rained out Boo Bash but still had a great, although rushed trip. Saw lots of kids and actually had a hard time getting lounge chairs at Yacht Club in the afternoon. Universal was empty Friday and Sunday. Saturday was crowded (in comparison) but we had EP so it was fine.

It is 20min until Epcot Forever fireworks when I took this photo. I am in one of the prime spots between the Port of Entry store and Disney Traders. It is usually the FP area. This is what I am looking at for space. Everyone is keeping their space. As you can tell I’m pretty happy. :goodvibes

We traveled 8/24-29 and had a fantastic trip! We were very nervous about traveling with our two kids under 12 who are unable to be vaccinated, but ultimately decided to stick with the trip. They are really good maskers and we figured we would skip anything that didn’t feel comfortable to us. We canceled all indoors ADRs except for one where we felt we could have more separation from people. We also wore masks outdoors when we were in crowded walk ways. I feel like masking at Disney indoors was very good compliance wise- probably about 95% and maybe 20-30% of people were masking in crowded outdoors areas.

8/24: Checked into Yacht Club early around 11am. Ate lunch at Homecomin’ on the outdoor patio. We were able to walk right into Giddeons with no wait around 2pm and picked up some cookies and cake to snack on the rest of our trip. Swam in the early evening until it started storming. We did mobile order to go from Ale and Compass and are on our balcony.

8/25: HS day. Got BG 7 (turned off WiFi and used cellular data from our room) for Rise, which was called at 8:45am. We stayed in the park until about 1pm when we needed a break from the heat. Walkways were starting to feel crowded at that point too. We came back to HS around 5pm and it was pretty quiet- we were able to do everything we wanted with limited waits. We stayed through close and walked back to YC.

8/26: Drove over to Contemporary to have breakfast at the Wave at the California Grill. This was our only indoors ADR and felt pretty well spaced. We did leave our masks on when we weren’t eating or drinking. We walked over to MK around 11:30am and started over by Big Thunder and worked our way around the park counter clockwise from there. A big difference from normal as we are usually cross crossing all over the park for fast passes.The only rides that had waits were Jungle Cruise, Astro Orbiter, and 7DMT. Otherwise we walked onto everything else and rode things multiple times! We watched the fireworks from the bridge to Tomorrowland with few people around (obstructed view of castle, but we were more concerned with avoiding crowds then seeing projections clearly), then hung out for about 30 min for crowds to die down and walked back to our car at the contemporary.

8/27: Walked over to Epcot around 10:30am. Went right in and walked to FEA- we were able to ride 3x in a row (my daughter’s favorite!)- they even let us ride on once because there was no one in line. Then we started by the Swanky Swine booth and worked our way around the WS towards the International Gateway. It was a little bit drizzly out and the crowds were low- probably the least crowded I’ve seen F&W. We took a break at the hotel/pool from 3-5pm, then when we came back it was definitely more crowded around the WS and booths (Friday night, seemed to be more locals around). We headed into Future World and did all of the rides, which had no waits (except TT which averaged about 20-30 min), along with some of the F&W booths that way. My favorite is the corned beef from Flavors of Fire…yum! We watched the fireworks from Canada with few crowds around and walked back to YC.

8/28: Pool day! Enjoyed the pool until some thunderstorms rolled in the afternoon and then walked around the boardwalk for ice cream. We took the skyliners for fun in the evening to AOA/Pop but then got stranded at those hotels for a little bit due to more lightning. They were only boarding one family per skyliner which we appreciated. We made it back to YC and really enjoyed watching the Epcot fireworks from our balcony.

8/29: Had a good breakfast via Ale and Compass mobile order that we ate on our balcony, then headed back home.

Overall, we are really glad we went. Our last trip was August 2019. We thought crowds were low then, but definitely much lower this trip! We still had those magical moments and really appreciated the time together as a family. We were cautious COVID wise- no more so than we are at home, but definitely didn’t impact how much fun we had. We just got COVID tested out of precaution 5 days post trip and were all negative, so hopefully will stay that way!

It is 20min until Epcot Forever fireworks when I took this photo. I am in one of the prime spots between the Port of Entry store and Disney Traders. It is usually the FP area. This is what I am looking at for space. Everyone is keeping their space. As you can tell I’m pretty happy. :goodvibes

View attachment 601762
Nice!!! We watched EPCOT FOREVER from Italy and got there 15 min before it started. Lots of space and everyone kept their distance. It was so nice!!!

You're supposed to buy twice as many so you still get the same amount of rice crispy treat. :jester:

We are in the airport now, delayed trying to go home. We did a short trip, 8/28-today with one day at each park. The crowds were so low that we were able to ride every single ride, plus Flight of Passage, Everest, the Safari, Runaway Railway, Slinky, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Seven Dwarves, Space Mountain, and Frozen twice without any fast passes or parent swaps. It was AMAZING. I had low expectation and it ended up being my favorite trip. Idk what to include in these posts, but happy to answer any questions.

Here at DW now. I have talked to a few CMs about how slow it is right now. A couple of them shared that when it’s really slow, it means budget cuts and they actually send them home.

At the same time, they know come October 1st, things will definitely pick up.

Here at DW now. I have talked to a few CMs about how slow it is right now. A couple of them shared that when it’s really slow, it means budget cuts and they actually send them home.

At the same time, they know come October 1st, things will definitely pick up.

i cant imagine at this point they will send anyone home. they need to get people trained and ramped up with experience before oct 1st

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter