Not bis low though. I’ve been many times this time of year. I think it’s all the other stuff going on too.

we go august 28 and 29 so hoping it’s still low , lots of dining reservations available in the parks I noticed too. I’m hoping for short lines since my 3 yo won’t last that long in a mask in line, we may be spending a lot of time taking turns riding with Older 2

Not this low though. I’ve been many times this time of year. I think it’s all the other stuff going on too.

Same here. I think people are starting to take notice. FL is getting a lot of attention these days and none of it good. Even though my grandson got sick and it's since spread among the rest of us ( I'm still coughing and stuffy- sleep is hard to get) , I'm glad we went when we did. There's not a chance we'd go now. Low crowd levels are nice, but not when it's because people are wary of traveling. So tired of all of it!

Same here. I think people are starting to take notice. FL is getting a lot of attention these days and none of it good. Even though my grandson got sick and it's since spread among the rest of us ( I'm still coughing and stuffy- sleep is hard to get) , I'm glad we went when we did. There's not a chance we'd go now. Low crowd levels are nice, but not when it's because people are wary of traveling. So tired of all of it!
Eh, Florida tourism isn't down. But Disney is def slowing. Curious.

It's almost like Disney made a policy decision that had some consequences.

Maybe its like when the new iPhones come out in Sept, sales drop off in July/August waiting for the new model. Maybe the typical Dis'er who goes after school starts back is just going after the 50th starts this year???

I think it's a mix of things: COVID-related cancellations, kids back in school, but definitely some people are waiting until after the 50th. There was also a drop in crowds before Galaxy's Edge opened.

WOW! For the first time ever, Rise of the Resistance was accepting stand-by guests at the end of the day. Not sure if/when that will happen again but wow! Game changer!!! Something to keep an eye out for for guests that are in the parks now.

so did this mean that if you were still in the park and had ridden earlier in the day for ROTR you could've gotten on again? thats wild!!

so did this mean that if you were still in the park and had ridden earlier in the day for ROTR you could've gotten on again? thats wild!!
I know, it’s so crazy! It’s just so sad for allllll the people that didn’t get to go at all on their trip. I’ve read many reports here and reviews where people tried every day and were not successful…..then some people got to go twice and no shade their way but that has got to be frustrating for the people that missed it entirely…..

There are lots of cancellations….rooms and dining I’ve been stalking for months are all wide open….as of this morning.
(This is for next week)
I’ve had my arrival night at GF stalking and stalking to add that night on to my CR stay so I don’t have to switch. Finally showwed available last night and I made the switch! We arrive Aug 25th…..I’m so excited!!

Are they using paper straws in the park? Was thinking of brining plastic straws in my bag.

I don't feel like drinking soda through a toilet paper roll.
Yes they are paper, we bring our own and find that bendy ones fit nicely in a ziploc. People have been very envious and said they wish they had brought some especially with frozen drinks because the paper ones sort of dissolve in those….I think straws are not allowed at animal kingdom (they were not when we were there last) someone may be able to confirm.

Yes they are paper, we bring our own and find that bendy ones fit nicely in a ziploc. People have been very envious and said they wish they had brought some especially with frozen drinks because the paper ones sort of dissolve in those….I think straws are not allowed at animal kingdom (they were not when we were there last) someone may be able to confirm.

we have those rubber/silicone straws and brought them to all 4 parks last year with no issue

Disposable plastic straws are not allowed at AK because they can injure the animals
Yep I assumed because most zoos etc do not allow them. I just googled and Disney Official Policy says plastic straws also are not allowed at Jambo or Kidani interestingly.

Eh, Florida tourism isn't down. But Disney is def slowing. Curious.

It's almost like Disney made a policy decision that had some consequences.
I beg to differ. Florida is also a meeting and convention place. Tons of cancellations for August. We have seen many cancellations and these are not Disney people. Availability all over the place besides WDW. There are very few companies willing to send an employee down to Florida right now. Too much liability. Even Universal is wide open this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter