Help us choose a resort (party of 11)

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
I mentioned in another thread about my mom wanting to take my family and my sister's family to WDW in June 2025. Yay mom!

She'd like us to all stay in one suite, so we're looking at 3bdrm.

We're trying to figure out what resort (if any) would have the "ideal" sleeping options...

At least 5 queen (or king) beds (prefer 6)
No sleeping in "common" areas (ex: a pullout couch in the living room is not desired)

The thought is if family members want to say up late talking, playing cards or games, or want to get up early, they're not preventing someone from going to bed or waking them up.

Looking at the two floor options (I think at BLT and maybe Riviera(?)), it looks like pull out couch is in the upstairs area looking over the main living area. How much of an issue is that with noise from below? I'm assuming it depends on the person and the noise, but wanted to know if others have used it.

Other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

I just googled 3br grand DVC Villa. I found a website DVCfan that has videos of the rooms and floor plans. I don’t you can get away from the sleeper sofa not being in the living room.

I just googled 3br grand DVC Villa. I found a website DVCfan that has videos of the rooms and floor plans. I don’t you can get away from the sleeper sofa not being in the living room.
Thanks. I'll take a look at the site also. I think we should do two 2bdrms, but mom doesn't like that idea.

The VGF has a separate room (media rm) with the extra bedding (pull out or Murphy, IDK). But atleast it’s a separate room away from kitchen/living area

Attachments

• IMG_2466.jpeg
    IMG_2466.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 12
The Kidani grand villa has a pullout in the main living area, however it also has a second pullout upstairs between the two bedrooms. So, it is sort of in a common area, but more separate than some of the others.
Including the pullout downstairs, it has a total of 7 sleeping surfaces - 4 queens, 1 king, 2 pullout.

The Kidani grand villa has a pullout in the main living area, however it also has a second pullout upstairs between the two bedrooms. So, it is sort of in a common area, but more separate than some of the others.
Including the pullout downstairs, it has a total of 7 sleeping surfaces - 4 queens, 1 king, 2 pullout.
I agree.

The Kidani is similar to the BLT 3BR set up. Having stayed at all WDW 3BR's with our party of 12, we like BLT for several reasons. It provides a great location, the living room/kitchen/dining area while still providing private "Rooms" upstairs, a master suite on the main level, multiple balconies, a great laundry room, extra full bathroom on the main level, and if desired a fold out couch with a TV in the loft upstairs.

Good luck with your "no lose" decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter