help please - split stay - DVC & cash - and Free dining plan?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
DS & I are returning to WDW 8/12-17 at VWL (1night cash, 4nights points), 8/17-8/20 AKL (3nights cash) and 8/20-8/21 BCV (5nights pts, 1night cash). Husband is joining us in the middle of that AKL stay for 1 night.

Is it possible for DS & I to get the Dining package? or am I out of luck? Can the dining package now be carried over? or only good during our cash stay? and do i need to get it for DH even though he's only staying 1night at AKL? Any/all help appreciated - thanks

Is your husband staying 1 night total, or joining you at AKL and staying for the remainder of your trip?

As far as your dining. I am assuming you are at AKL on a full price room through CRO and you will also be adding park tickets to that ressie? That is the only way to get dining at a non-DVC resort.

DVC stays on points, or cash rooms through Member Services can get the dining plan, and while no "official" anouncement has been made about it being free during the promo, educated guess would say "No", as it is a promo for full price CRO rooms with tickets.

You can pay for the dining plan if you are staying on points or Member Services cash ressie at a DVC resort. It is required for all persons in the room at a cost of $37.99 for adults (age 10 and over) and $10.99 for children, per night. It must be for all nights of your DVC reservation.

DH is joining us our last night at AKL then staying the 6nights at BCV also. We have old hoppers we were going to bring back for 3 of those BCV days - (besides doing SeaWorld & Universal).
The 3nights at AKL were booked through CRO, not MS. (Cash nights at ends of DVC stays were thru MS)

Do the dining plan days expire? I thought I read something that we have up to 14 days to use them? So can I buy the 3days at AKL for the 3 of us but have our 2nd wk (while at DVC) to use them? If it means free dining we can get new tickets instead of returning with our old - would that be a better use of our money?

The dining plan usage expires on your check-out day. So your DVC days expire the day you check in at AKL. AKL days expire the day you check back into DVC. Basically, it sounds like you'll may be without a dinner for your husband the night he joins you at AKL., unless you want to pay for the dining plan for him the entire 3 nights of your AKL stay.

I'm no expert on free dining, but someone posted that to get it you need a 5 night (cash) minimum stay.

I was wondering about this too. We are staying in beginning of Sept. and I was wondering if we could get the free dining if we purchase MYW tickets? We would be staying on points though, so I'm not sure if that would work.

It would be too good to be true, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter