• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Need very affordable hotel...

B3LM

Disney Fan
We just got a letter from our school stating that our Spring Break will be two days longer than originally planned. That means the kids are off 3/28 through 4/7!!! We have annual passes, so I'd love to drive to WDW and spend the week there!

This would have to be a very "budget conscious" trip, so I'm looking into staying off-site. I was able to get a ressie at ASMu, but it's still over $100 per night. I really need something less expensive.

I have no idea what's out there and how much it would cost. I'd like something as close to WDW as possible. Since we'll be driving, we'll have our own car. Since we have annual passes, I believe we can park at WDW for free.

There are 5 of us, me, DH, DS8, DD5, and DD2 1/2.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Thanks!
Beth

$100 a night is kind or pricey if you are on a budget. Look to the top of this page and you will see a button that says "Orlando Hotel Discounts". You should be able to find some good prices there on clean and comfortable rooms near the attractions.....

You picked a very popular time of year to go so the rates will reflect that.

Of the discount hotels on this site, the Holiday Inn Maingate East has gotten good review.

I would also check out www.hotelkingdom.com They have several types of different options during that period.

Good luck!

Hi, Priceline is a great service but they only guarantee for 2 people and I really think 5 to a room might be problem........He is what I would suggest if you are willing to do a little work.....go to vrbo.com and search central florida....here you will find hundreds of homes and condos for rent by owner...these are very nice places for a very reasonble price....I would search the 3 or 4 bedroom homesor condos with little red calendars...look for homes that have openings for your week...email the owner and offer them their low season rate or about 80 to 85 a night......these are people looking to rent their homes and they will negotiate and are usually very very friendly.....it is a little work, but has worked for us...we got a 3 bedroom 3 bath condo 8 minutes to Disney for 580 a week....it was great...It was listing 2375 I believe.....good luck....Ted

We like to stay at Magic Castle Inn and Suites Maingate at 5055 W Irlo Bronson(Hwy 192). It's nothing fancy, but it's clean and reasonable. They also have a Continental breakfast with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, juice, milk and coffee. This really helps with saving money and there is a frig in every room. You would probably have to get a rollaway bed for the 5th person or take an inflatable bed. The suite is a little more and it has a king size bed and pull out couch bed with about a 6 foot tall partition between them making a sort of bedroom and living room. Try floridakiss.com for more info.

Holiday Inn Nikki Bird had Spring Break availability a week ago. The room sleeps 5 with Micorwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Several pools, etc. The rate with an Entertainment card (Disney Club included) is 49.98 + tax and 54.98 + tax for Fri. and Sat. Check it out--may still be available. Good luck!

Check this out...You could get an Efficiency Room for around $50, add $10 per night for a rollaway for a third child. Have stayed here once and plan to again the end of May for 6 nights. Good Luck!
http://www.valuetrips.com/FL/ORL/HJMGE/HowardJohnsonMGE.htm

Hi,

I would use hotelkingdom.com, and I have had some really good experiences with them. There seems to be some good prices and also on suites. Good luck. I know how it is to go to Disney on the spur of the moment and need to go cheap.

Thanks for all the great replies! I ended up making ressies at Comfort Inn - Lake Buena Vista for a family suite at $67 per night through hotelkingdom!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter