Help me plan our party and park days!!

kybec

Earning My Ears
Hey there! I’m having a hard time deciding which day to book our mnsshp tickets. It will be me, my husband, 8 year old, and almost 3 year old. We will be at GF the last week of September for 5 nights before our cruise. Our flight lands Monday around 10:30am. Party days that week are Tues, Thurs, and Friday. We have the 4 days 4 park tickets. We want to see the typical evening shows at MK so that puts us there on Wednesday. We are usually rope drop, go hard until an afternoon break and go back in the evening type of family, although this is our youngest’s first trip. Help me think through my options please. We’ve been a few times, but are in no way the experts that most of you are!

1. M. Land around 10:30, go to hotel, Head to Epcot for the afternoon/evening
T. HS
W. MK
Th. Relax in the morning then mnsshp that nught
F. AK
S. Leave for cruise

2. M. Go to hotel and relax maybe Disney springs
T. Epcot
W. Mk
Thurs. Ak morning then mnsshp nihht
F. HS
Or switch Thursday and Friday on this option and do the Friday night party before leaving for the cruise in the morning.

I know it’s a busy week but we won’t have much planned for the cruise and I think we will be able to recover! Or if someone sees something better, let me know. Thanks in advance!

I think it just depends on what you want to do in each park. I’d make a list and decide which parks you need a full day and which you are ok with a half. Will your daughter want to do the Wilderness Explorer booths at AK? That can eat up a lot of time. You’d want a full day for sure then.

How early do you have to get up to leave for the cruise? My instinct would be to do the party the night before if you can sleep in. If you have to get up to pack and leave super early, I’d pick a different day.

I think it just depends on what you want to do in each park. I’d make a list and decide which parks you need a full day and which you are ok with a half. Will your daughter want to do the Wilderness Explorer booths at AK? That can eat up a lot of time. You’d want a full day for sure then.

How early do you have to get up to leave for the cruise? My instinct would be to do the party the night before if you can sleep in. If you have to get up to pack and leave super early, I’d pick a different day.
I think our transportation leaves around 9 so not too early. We can definitely do AK in a half day. I didn’t know if it would be more exhausting to do a park in the morning of a party day or to have a park day after. I guess we could always go to AK later in the day on Friday, but it’s hard for me to fight my rope drop instinct!!

I would do the first option. Especially with younger kids, you will want to be rested for the party. I would definitely plan for a later start the next day.

#1 because the kids are gonna be on their first day at Disney and therefore Disney wired. Might be hard to make them relax at a pool or Disney springs on arrival day.

Another option to consider- maybe HS first day and get G+ and stack LL all day then have a full day at EP so kids can do all the kidcot things. I’m thinking there is more for the youngest to do at EP maybe than at HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter