Help me pick Signature Resturants

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hey

We plan in doing three signature restaurants on our two week stay in November when we stay at AKL

So far we want to to do California Grill for sure but need help picking the other two

We aren’t massive sea food fans but love everything else

Jiko at AKL

Morimoto at Disney Springs or maybe Boathouse, but I think that's better paid out of pocket

:) (those are the only others I've tried besides Flying Fish)

What about the two signatures at GF and the Yauhtsman steakhouse

Also is Ohana worth going to I know it’s not a fine dinning

Good call with California Grill - try to get a reservation near fireworks time and ask for a window seat or sit in the lounge.

Definitely Jiko, our favorite - and it's at your hotel!

We really like Narcoossee's (and btw I don't eat seafood) - they have really great steaks and sides, and a different view of the fireworks than you'll get at Cali Grill.

Also for steaks, Yachtsman - their porterhouse is my litmus test for all other steaks. Incredible.

Haven't been yet, but Jaleo looks yummy and is getting great reviews.

In the parks, Tiffins and Hollywood Brown Derby are good choices, but we actually prefer to grab lunch at their lounges, Nomad Lounge and HBD Derby lounge, and save the Signature meals for dinner. Enjoy your meals!

For signature places we enjoy Boathouse, I really liked Yachtsman, DH really likes Le Cellier, neither of us were overwhelmed by Narcooses nor Flying Fish, but despite getting overcooked beef @ HBD, DH said he'll be willing to try it again. Been wanting to try CG but never made it yet.

A few suggestions:
Le Cellier - it's lovely and the steaks and sides really are good (but Chefs de France is equally good, though not signature)
Narcoossee's - great service, DH loves the steaks, beautiful water views
Jaleo - amazing food, definitely not your standard steak and potatoes Disney fine dining experience

Hey

We plan in doing three signature restaurants on our two week stay in November when we stay at AKL

So far we want to to do California Grill for sure but need help picking the other two

We aren’t massive sea food fans but love everything else

What about the two signatures at GF and the Yauhtsman steakhouse

Also is Ohana worth going to I know it’s not a fine dinning

I would go to Jiko at AKL, Cali Grill and Flying Fish. Are you on the dining plan? If not, I would switch out Flying Fish for bluezoo at the Dolphin. Jiko has a great, unique menu. Cali Grill has a spectacular view. Flying Fish was our favorite signature on our last trip. bluezoo is consistently good.

I'm not a fan of 'Ohana. We've been there several times and the last time we went it was incredibly rushed and the food was not good. If you are looking for good 1 TS resort meals, consider the Wave at CR and Ale & Compass at YC.

Good call with California Grill - try to get a reservation near fireworks time and ask for a window seat or sit in the lounge.

We really like Narcoossee's (and btw I don't eat seafood) - they have really great steaks and sides, and a different view of the fireworks than you'll get at Cali Grill.

Also for steaks, Yachtsman - their porterhouse is my litmus test for all other steaks. Incredible.

In the parks, Tiffins and Hollywood Brown Derby are good choices, but we actually prefer to grab lunch at their lounges, Nomad Lounge and HBD Derby lounge, and save the Signature meals for dinner. Enjoy your meals!

If we go to happy ever after is that normally on at 8pm in December. So I no when to book the evening meal for

The yauctsman looks good. How do I get there ?

Also is the food in Sanna not close to Jiko. If I was to save a double credit or is Jiko a lot better ? The view in sanna looked better too

I would go to Jiko at AKL, Cali Grill and Flying Fish. Are you on the dining plan? If not, I would switch out Flying Fish for bluezoo at the Dolphin. Jiko has a great, unique menu. Cali Grill has a spectacular view. Flying Fish was our favorite signature on our last trip. bluezoo is consistently good.

I'm not a fan of 'Ohana. We've been there several times and the last time we went it was incredibly rushed and the food was not good. If you are looking for good 1 TS resort meals, consider the Wave at CR and Ale & Compass at YC.

Yeah we have the dinning plan

Thanks for your advice

California Grill is our favorite signature. We often eat there 2 times as we enjoy there food so much.

We like Jiko , but we like Sanaa better. At night it’s too dark to enjoy the view but the restaurant is pretty. (Also, We like the Sanaa dinner menu better than the lunch menu)

You asked about O’hana. We always dine there one night every trip & really enjoy it.

We have dined at many of the signatures & found Tiffins to be really good. Everything we ordered was delicious.

Last trip we tried Yachtsmann’s again as it’d been several years since we tried it but California Grill was much better.

If we go to happy ever after is that normally on at 8pm in December. So I no when to book the evening meal for

Also is the food in Sanna not close to Jiko. If I was to save a double credit or is Jiko a lot better ? The view in sanna looked better too
I believe the fireworks were at 8 when we were there in December. We booked a 7:00 res and watched the fireworks before dessert.

Yachtsman is in the Yacht Club resort on the Boardwalk. Depending on where you’re coming from, you can walk or take the boat from Epcot or Hollywood Studios. Or Uber from your resort.

Sanaa is very different from Jiko. Also good but we find Jiko far superior and more unique. Sanaa is typical Indian food, which we have lots of in our city. The daytime view is very nice. Jiko is African inspired and serves all sorts of different meats, flatbreads, and has a huge wine list from South Africa. Imo, it’s not to be missed and we go twice per trip.

Our current favs for signature dining are: Jaleo, Flying Fish, and Boathouse.

Each has a different vibe and cuisine and all are worthy of the funds spent, IMO.

As far as both the Boathouse and FF are concerned don't assume they only offer fish and seafood. You can also get several land animal dishes that will make a meat-lovers' heart sing. With the exception of Boathouse all the desserts offered at the other restaurants are more than worth the calories consumed. Boathouse's desserts can easily be surpassed at Ghirardelli's, Vivolo Gelato or any of the other stand alone dessert shops at DS.

I second Narcoossee’s — I don’t eat seafood either but love their steaks/chops and the view of the fireworks is spectacular! Their cheesecake dessert is wonderful too, rolled in toasted almonds with a sour cherry sauce.

I also love Yachtsman Steakhouse, the Boathouse, and Le Cellier.

Chiming in to say Tiffins is probably my second favorite restaurant st WDW (favorite is California Grill). We went for lunch in February for the first time and it was truly delightful with great service.

We also went to Boathouse in February. I didn’t realize it was signature, and honestly I’m a bit surprised. I was underwhelmed by the food (maybe because I grew up in south Louisiana where seafood is soooooo good), and found the atmosphere loud and busy-to-chaotic (we were seated a hand’s distance away from a VERY LOUD party with an equally LOUD waiter, tables in our room were on top of each other, our waiter left halfway through our meal too, and the waitress that took over could barely be bothered with our table). Edited to add: same trip, some of our larger party went separately and enjoyed it...quieter room, attentive staff. So I take that into consideration and would try it again.

Last edited:

I think the food is better at Jiko, but Sanaa is definitely one of the best 1 TS restaurants in WDW, IMHO. If you wanted to save a credit, Sanaa over Jiko is not a bad choice. If you go to Sanaa, make sure you go before sundown so you can, possibly, see the animals walk by. I mentioned this in my other response, but, I do think, if you wanted to spread your credits out a bit, subbing Sanaa for Jiko and then doing, perhaps, the Wave, Ale & Compass or a good 1 TS in EP is a good use of credits.

I’d recommend Tiffins, The Boathouse, Narcoossee’s.

I’d recommend not Jiko, HBD, Paddlefish, Monsieur Paul, Le Cellier.

I think our favorites so far are Tiffins, CG, Narcoossees, Flying Fish and surprisingly, Le Cellier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter