HELP ME DECIDE...... POR, CBR, or CSR

I

ilovdisney2

OK, We were going to stay at the Wilderness Cabin with a deluxe code but I got a e-mail yesterday with a new code for the mods. and I can save $ getting two rooms at any of the mods. Please help me decide, we are a family of 5 kids are 13, 10, and 8. We have stayed at the POR before and really liked it but kinda wanting to try something new. I really think the kids would love the Beach theme at CBR, tell me what I should do.
CBR over CSR???????????? Anyone????????
Thanks for all your help.

CSR pool is great - this hotel is somewhat adult themed and oriented though

Basis pool alone I would go with CSR

Thanks
Jason

If I understood you correctly, you are a family of 5 with 3 kids. Right?

If I were you , I would stay at POR again since it holds 5 people and use the money you save from the second room and do a character breakfast each day or save up a couple days and do Hoop De Doo.

My website below has pictures and info of CSR. You kids would love the Dig Site. Besides the main pool, there is an arcade, volleyball court, playground and hair station. The snacks served at the snack bar are great. Burgers, hot dogs and nachos are a few.

I'd say CSR, but only because it's on my own list of places that I'd like to stay :) Also, the pool is supposed to be awesome!

We have stayed at CBR and CSR. I have to say that the rooms at CBR were nicer (more recently refurbished), but the rooms at CSR were very nice as well. You will be very comfortable in two rooms. Since CSR is a convention resort, everything is in your room already (coffeemaker with coffee, iron and board, hairdryer).

The resort is very colorful and so are the rooms! The Pepper Market has a great selection and I loved the set-up much more than the traditional food court ( a lot nicer). No paper products and people running around getting napkins!

The pool area was really something!!!!! The slide was great-I thought the one at CBR was very small. If you like the tropical theme you can request Cabanas 9B and you will be very close to El Centro and across the lake (there is a little bridge) from the main pool. I personally thought the Ranchos had the best theming. Ranchos 7B would be closest to the main pool,and across the bridge from El Centro.

We did not use the bus, but I have heard that the transportation is excellent. If I had to choose between CBR and CSR again, it is no contest. CSR is the nicer resort, IMO.

We have stayed at POR and CBR, and I like CBR better. It just seemed a little better maintained. CBR has a great pool and is definitely fun for kids. I have never stayed at CSr but would like to someday but I have heard it is more geared toward adults. CBR definitely has a fun theme and my son loved being there. All that being said, however, someone mentioned about stayed at POR in a room that sleeps 5 and saving the extra money. That definitely sounds like something I would do. I could just sit here right now and think of the character breakfasts and souvenirs we could buy with the extra money. Any way you choose, I don't think you can lose. Have fun!

I have researched the 3 a lot and would definitely choose CSR if I were you! In my opinion the CBR pool will not be as fun for your kids (as they are 13, 10 and 8). The slide is really small and the pool isn't all that big for a resort the size of CBR. As suzy posted the rooms at CBR are recently refurbed however and are slightly larger than CSR. But if there are 5 of you in 2 rooms I would think that 2 rooms at any resort would be plenty big. We have stayed at POFQ as well but as far as the kids go the "New Orleans" theme was lost on them. They think the Mayan pyramid pool looks really cool however. We have never stayed at POR the theme doesn't appeal much to us either. I guess it depends on what you at the resort for and what type of theming you like. Tropical or Mexican/Southwest and you like to swim then CSR would be my choice. Laid back Southern charm with a nice pool I would pick POR. One last point...I am being extremely nitpicky as ANY resort at Disney has been wonderful for us. But when choosing between moderates I guess you have to find some differences in order to make a decision. Good luck!

Another plus about the CSR pool area is that the playground is also right there (so is the arcade). It was just DH and I , but I kept thinking the whole time how much my DS (age 5) would love the resort! The pool bar had a few food items, so no need to go to the food court for lunch-great chicken fingers and they have hamburgers, hotdogs, and wraps , as well.

I received an email too . I called right away to to see if I could switch my current reservation at CSR to this new code. I was told only POR and CBR were offering the $74 rate. So, if your looking to save money, CBR and POR are your best bets. I'm sure you'll have fun no matter where you end up!!

im staying at the CBR this summer and was wondering how you recieved emails about the codes? are they only good for certain times??? can anyone use them ???? thanks mimimom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter