Help me decide! HIME or Hilton DD?

Bevin

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have decided (at the last minute) to take our two kids to DisneyWorld for spring break (Yikes!!!). Our boys are 11 and 5. We had gotten a reservation for the Hilton at Downtown Disney for a rate of $112. We thought this would be fine at first since our 11 year old's (really stepson's) mom had other plans and wouldn't let us have him for spring break. However, now since her plans have changed, we will be able to take both boys.

Now we're wondering if we should change to Holiday Inn Maingate East and get a kidsuite? We like the idea of having two rooms, and this looks like the only reasonable rate we can get at this time. It is pretty much comparable to the Hilton DD. However, it looks like this hotel has gotten mixed reviews.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on two bedroom hotels I can check at this late date, or give me any advice on the two hotels I've mentioned?

Thanks!

I know that the Hilton Downtown Disney is considered a deluxe resort. I haven't stayed at either resort but, I don't think the HIME is considered a deluxe hotel property. The Hilton is a big convention hotel, within walking distance to DD, has 7 restaurants, shops, plus 2 pools, 2 whirlpools, fitness room, game room. They have a a special area for kids 4-12, which parents can drop off kids for a fee, and have some alone time.

I guess if you definitely want more room go with the HIME and get the kid suite.
If you want the nicer of the 2 hotels, in my opinion, book the Hilton.

I love staying in the DD area. We walk to DD a couple nights during the week and enjoy all it has to offer.

I was lucky enough to get the Hilton through Priceline for $60.00 per night for our upcoming trip in 2 months.

Good luck with your decision!

Leah :)

If you are looking for a "suite" just make sure they actually are suites. The HI MG West, which I've stayed in, offered "kidsuites" but it was basically one regular room with a thin panel wall separating the kids sleeping area (bunks) from the rest. HI MG East may be the same.

Check for prices of Homewood and Hawthorne Suites on Palm Parkway, Lake Buena Vista. Both are located a couple blocks from the Hilton at DD. These offer separate bedrooms and living areas plus a kitchen.

If price is the same, I'd go with the DD hotel, as this is a great location, with or without kids. HIME is a good family hotel but on more budget-oriented lines and the kidsuites there are not strictly 2 rooms, either. HIME does have some 2-room suites, but these are different to their kidsuites. It is an easy drive to WDW from HIME, though, and Old Town is right next door, which most kids enjoy.

I think we'll stick with the Hilton. I've check for availability at other Suites in the area and the prices are way too high. Thanks for helping me decide.

Well, my husband is really leery about using priceline. Also, we are going the week of 1-7 April, and almost everything is booked up. I might try to convince him though.

Bevin,

Just remember if you do try Priceline, your not guaranteed the Hilton, also, please read the bidding for travel website to get some good tips so you know what your getting into. Even if you don't use Priceline, you got a great rate for the hotel.

Leah

Thanks, I've thought about using priceline, but my husband is really leery about trying them. Also, we are going the week of 31 March - 6 April, and I know most places are booked up, with only the most expensive rooms available. So, I figure the rate we got for this time is pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter